View Poll Results: What Attractions should be in the perfect Frontierland?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Western River Expansion

37 60.66%
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

53 86.89%
  • Frontierland Shootin' Arcade

36 59.02%
  • Splash Mountain

38 62.30%
  • The Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor

30 49.18%
  • Mark Twain Riverboat

45 73.77%
  • Mike Fink keelboats & Davey Crockett Explorer Canoes

40 65.57%
  • Tom Sawyer Island & Rafts

41 67.21%
  • Country Bear Jamboree

41 67.21%
  • I hate this Frontierland! I'm not voting for anything!

1 1.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.

• If We Can Dream It...

Pick and Choose YOUR Frontierland

I'm baaack!

For those of you who have not viewed my adventureland poll here's how it goes:
    The scenario: Disney is planning a new park(NOT FOR REAL, DON'T FLIP OUT, ALL RIGHT, I WILL STOP TYPING IN CAPS...now). They are surveying people to find out what attractions should be included in each land.
    IMPORTANT: READ ALL OF WHAT IS LISTED BELOW
    When deciding please seriously think about all the rides listed. For the ones listed that have multiple versions (ex.: Splash Mountain) just think that Disney will create this new version in it's best form; building upon the current best version.(Confused? I'm not surprised!) I've decided to include Western River Expansion just because it is such a widly known concept and was fairly well received when previewed. And for the Haunted Mansion, know that when I create a Fantasyland poll it will be listed there too; so think about which land you feel it should be in.
    - Horizonsfan

• If We Can Dream It...

Re: Pick and Choose YOUR Frontierland

Comments welcomed!!!!!
    - Horizonsfan

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

I hate Frontierland in general. I don't know why. I don't enjoy western themes, no matter what. I don't really think it would matter to me if they made it "better". I could care less if Frontierland one day was gone entirely, as long as it was replaced.

Sorry if this doesn't help, but it's at least an opinion

A little more on topic though, I don't get why Phantom Manor (in Disneyland Paris OR in a new park) would or should be in Frontierland...it's always felt like a Fantasyland sort of ride. Tokyo's the only park who got it right as far as location.

• If We Can Dream It...

As long as people give me reasons for there choices, I'm happy.
    - Horizonsfan

• ...TWO BITS!

WRE, BTMRR, FSA, TSI/rafts, MT, keelboats, and canoes.

NEW: woody's roundup (i kno, don't get all steamed pixar attraction haters), spinning mouse coaster themed to "Home on the Range"'s Echo Mine chase scene, and a windwagon journey with American Tall Tale/ Folklore characters.

OTHERS: Saloon, wild west comedy stunt show, pan for gold, restaurant, shops, Indian village (updated Pocahontas animal show, Knott's Indian storyteller attraction, playground, etc)

PS- I guess Splash Mountain & Country Bears can work, but like with Indian village, it would be in a sub or mini-land to Frontierland. If Haunted Mansion was themed in a ghost town atmosphere, than yes. Also probably a stagecoach ride that makes a round-trip of Frontierland (Indian Village & Critter Country). Or have stops in FL, IV, and CC- depends on the size of the land and how far apart the stations are.

EDIT: I would probably design the land so the main path can (SEMI) CIRCLE around the Rivers of America so you can actually walk/ take a stage coach around the river, unlike DL. Like, there won't be a cal-de-sac for Critter Country, it would still be along the riverbank, sort of.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 08-09-2006 at 03:03 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• If We Can Dream It...

Anybody else want to chime in????????

I feel that the river should be busy but, I never liked the Columbia. It's a beautiful ship, don't get me wrong, it just doesn't work for me with Frontierland. For me, I would rather have BTMR in the middle of the river than TSI. I couldn't tell you why though (then I'd have to kill you) WRE should be brought to life simply because it has everything to make a disney classic. I'm not sure if I would want a song through out the whole ride maybe in a style similar to HM, in which it's different arrangements through out the ride. Jus some of my thoughts....
    Last edited by horizonsfan92; 08-13-2006 at 07:23 AM.
    - Horizonsfan

I like Frontierland...even those big turkey legs one can buy and chomp on (have you ever noticed how frozen those MM ice cream bars are when you first bite into them?)

How about the early 1990's version ... can that be an option?

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92
    I feel that the river should be busy but, I never liked the Columbia. It's a beautiful ship, don't get me wrong, it just doesn't work for me with Frontierland. For me, I would rather have BTMR in the middle of the river than TSI. I couldn't tell you why though (then I'd have to kill you) WRE should be brought to life simply because it has everything to make a disney classic. I'm not sure if I would want a song through out the whole ride maybe in a style similar to HM, in which it's different arrangements through out the ride. Jus some of my thoughts....
    I think Columbia was meant more for NOS. Mark Twain was in FL's RoA since DAY 1.

BTMR was a neat idea, I think Paris does this, right? But it seems like putting an E-ticket in the middle of a waterway and can only be accessed by a raft seems weird.

I agree with music/song for WRE in style of POTC, Splash Mountain, and HM. I don't think today's audience wants another Small World style musical attraction.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Of course these 3 attractions:

Big Thunder Mountain (it's so great fun!!!)
    Phantom Manor (love it!)
    Splash Mountain (I don't really miss it in Paris, but it's also great fun)
    ~ The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return ~