Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• golly gawrrsh

Which hotel do you like?

On our next visit we'd like to try a different hotel/resort.

We've been to
    Camp at Fort Wilderness
    Riverside when it used to be called Dixie Landings
    Caribbean
    Pop Century
    Movies

We always like going to a new hotel and would love to hear your experiences. What did you like about your hotels and what could you do without?

• Say no to Assimilation

Re: Which hotel do you like?

I have stayed at Beach Club, Boardwalk, All Star Sports, Dixie Landings, Port Orleans, and Fort Wilderness cabins. Each one has pros and cons. It really depends on who you are traveling with. My favorite would be the Beach Club. I love the pool and the location and Beaches and Cream Ice Cream Parlor. It's only downfall is the lack of food court which can be useful if you are traveling with young children.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Every time I go to WDW I like to try a new resort hotel.

So far, since 2001, I've stayed at Coronado Springs, French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Polynesian, Riverside, Fort Wilderness Campground (cabin), Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs, and Grand Floridian.

Ultimately, it's a matter of choice. I automatically rule out the value resorts since I don't enjoy the motel atmosphere and will spend days at my hotel instead of the parks.

In the moderate category, Coronado and Riverside are my favorites. The size of the properties and immersive theming are quite impressive.

Of the three deluxe places I've stayed I gotta go with the Polynesian. It suits my need for elegance and cheese in design all rolled up into one. One of the WDW originals, and still one of the best.

However, Wilderness Lodge was also fantastic. I liked the proximity to MK and the fact that it is situated on Bay Lake. It feels a bit remote, but it is so very close.

I enjoyed the water launch to the MK from there, but also found myself enjoying the hotel. It's very tranquil. I found a spot on the 5th (was it 4th?) floor next to a fireplace overlooking the lobby in an untrafficked area where I would read. Very nice. Quite relaxing.
    Last edited by RonNYC; 08-07-2006 at 08:39 PM.

Beach Club was fantastic. Location, large rooms, boats and shuttles, amazing pool, great views, and it may lack a food court but the Cape May has great food. I have stayed at Port Orleans and I'll never stay there again after staying at the Beach Club. You will not be sorry if you stay at Beach Club.

If you are going to WDW for the Magic Kingdom, it might not be the best because of location. But if you like Epcot it is the best location and Disney/MGM is a boat ride away.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I've stayed:

Contemporary
    All Star Movies
    Pop Century
    Caribbean Beach
    Wilderness Lodge
    Boardwalk Villas (1 night only)
    Port Orleans Riverside
    Port Orleans French Quarter

My favorites have to be Wilderness Lodge and French Quarter. Two romantic, gorgeous resorts that are a lot of fun and beautifully themed.

When I go in two weeks, I'm also going to be trying the Polynesian for the first time, so we'll see how that goes.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Sock Puppet

Animal Kingdom Lodge!! Well...I've never stayed there but I work there and it's gorgeous. There's really a lot to do and I love it. Plus I'll treat you nicely if you would choose to eat at The Mara.

I've stayed at Polynesian, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside, All Star Music and Sports, Pop Century, Boardwalk, Beach Club, and the old Disney Institute Villas.

Very different experiences from the value to moderates to deluxe. I usually stay at a moderate resort minimum. For me, the theming and larger rooms make the price worth the difference between them and value. And usually I'm not in my room long enough to warrant the cost of the deluxe resorts.

My favorite moderate is Port Orleans French Quarter. I like the theming, the pool, and the fact that it's half the size of the other moderates. One drawback is that they no longer have a table service restaurant. They used to have one of the best for breakfast in Bonfamille's, but apparently Disney found out I liked their breakfast so they closed the restaurant (they also no longer serve breakfast at Garden Grill or Tony's Town Square, which were my two other favorite breakfast places.)

Beach Club is my favorite deluxe. It's walking distance to EPCOT, has the best pool, and when it comes to dining, you're within a short walk to all of EPCOT's World Showcase restaurants, plus the restaurants at the Beach Club, Yacht Club, Dolphin, Swan and Boardwalk. And you can walk to Jellyrolls dueling piano bar.

The hotel I'd most like to stay at is the Wilderness Lodge.

• Banned User

my favorite high end is the boardwalk or beachclub. favorite moderate is the carribean beach and coronado springs.

• Banned User

I have stead at

Contemporary 1 going back in august
    All Star Movies 2 never agene (school kids)
    Pop Century 1 with (school guard)
    Caribbean Beach 2 loved it (big resort)
    Port Orleans Riverside 1 like this one of the 2
    Port Orleans French Quarter 1
    Polynesian was a baby (don’t remember)
    Yacht club 1 you are going to MGM or Epcot.

I would like 2 stay at the Beach Club in the futor.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I say they are all good. I've done:

Swan
    Dolphin
    Pop
    Music
    Sports
    Movies
    French Quarter
    Riverside
    Caribbean
    Contemporary
    Wilderness Lodge
    AK Lodge
    Saratoga Springs

But for a Value the Pop is the best of the 4. The moderates are all good, but FQ is really cute and pleasant.

The Wilderness Lodge is my favorite...it is so close yet feels remote. So nice. The AKL is pretty as a hotel...but I don't feel it has all the amenities of transportation that a deluxe hotel should have.

• Vehicle rotating backward

POFQ based on cleanliness reccomendation by hotel watchdog WDW1974 (grin.) I liked the exterior architecture and the reasonable walk to my room but in the future will do Pop Century once for price and how I do my Disney vacations.

Planning Tokyo right now, but would love to come back. Deluxes, sigh, someday. I'm used to the prices on the local market here, and you can get so much more room for your money in this town that you can't with Disney, so I'm naturally a tightwad as far as hotels go.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I am a French Quarter Advocate. LOVE that place.
    Here are my reasons and photos included

Please see link:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=17

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    my favorite high end is the boardwalk or beachclub. favorite moderate is the carribean beach and coronado springs.
    I'd like to try Coronado. I've eaten at the Pepper Market many times and like that, but I love their water slide!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've only stayed at a couple hotels by Downtown Disney on Hotel Plaza Drive... the Grosvenor & Hilton. I liked both. I'nm actually staying at the Grosvenor again this weekend.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Cactus
    I'd like to try Coronado. I've eaten at the Pepper Market many times and like that, but I love their water slide!
    The pool is great, but the food court irks me. I am not an "eat in the room" person...if I am eating at the hotel it is in the Food Court (or at the Caribbean) right outside by the pool. The Coronado's 8% tax to be seated (its a food court) and so someone can get me a straw really doesn't make me a fan of the Coro's food.
    However the resort is very nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast