View Poll Results: What attractions should be in the perfect Fantasyland?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cinderella's Carousel; Dumbo; & The Mad Tea Party

45 83.33%
  • Peter Pan's Flight

44 81.48%
  • Snow White's Scary Adventures

38 70.37%
  • Pooh's Hunny Hunt

19 35.19%
  • Mickey's Phillharmagic

39 72.22%
  • It's A Small World

41 75.93%
  • Pinocchio's Daring Journey

33 61.11%
  • Casey Jr. Circus Train & Storybookland Canal Boats

36 66.67%
  • (Cinderella) Castle Mystery Tour

34 62.96%
  • I hate this Fantasyland! I'm not voting for anything!

1 1.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.

• If We Can Dream It...

Pick and Choose YOUR Fantasyland

Time for poll number 3!!!!! Keep on voting at the other polls...PLEASE?

For those of you who have not viewed my adventureland or Frontierland polls, here's how it goes:
    The scenario: Disney is planning a new park(NOT FOR REAL, DON'T FLIP OUT, ALL RIGHT, I WILL STOP TYPING IN CAPS...now). They are surveying people to find out what attractions should be included in each land. Go ahead and feel free to talk about your choices, in fact I REALLY want you to!

IMPORTANT: READ ALL OF WHAT IS LISTED BELOW
    When deciding please seriously think about all the rides listed. For the ones listed that have multiple versions (ex: It's a Small World) just think that Disney will create this new version in it's best form; building upon the current best version.(Confused? I'm not surprised!) And for the Haunted Mansion, know that when I created the Frontierland poll it is listed there too; so think about which land you feel it should be in. I grouped the Carousel, tea party & Dumbo together mainly for space but also because they are all basically basic carnival rides with a disney twist. I grouped Casey JR. and the canal boats mainly for space and because they travel over the same area, just in different ways. Have fun and if you have questions just ask!!
    Last edited by horizonsfan92; 08-09-2006 at 01:13 PM.
    - Horizonsfan

Re: Pick and Choose YOUR Fantasyland

I'd also add Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Alice in Wonderland rides from Disneyland, and the Skull Rock and Captain Hook's Pirate Ship restaurant from the old Disneyland Fantasyland. Of course, I'd wind up with one HUGE Fantasyland!

• Minion

ORWEN: We went ahead and voted--but would like to point out that there are many other attractions we would have included that weren't on the list--like a Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-thru, a Little Mermaid ride, a Beauty & the Beast attraction, an Aladdin attraction. But the list you have started is just that--a start!

• If We Can Dream It...

I would of put rumors and other Fantasyland attractions on there to but...There's not enought space!! Sorry! I tried to get in as many as possible. I just hope it's still a fun poll. I'm glad you guys are sharing your thoughts; I want to hear them!
    - Horizonsfan

• ...TWO BITS!

ATTRACTIONS:
    Mystery Tour, Carousel, Dumbo, Alice & Tea Party (Tea Party INSIDE the Alice ride so Alice's tea scene can be the tea party ride! ), Snow White (with a good ending), Pinocchio, Peter Pan (DL's individual rides but with WDW's 2 row capacity), Mr. Toad (maybe 2 tracks), Casey Jr, Storybook, Pooh's Hunny Hunt in it's own 100 acre woods setting/facade & outdoor queue without the book pages, Small World, updated version of Matterhorn

Probably have to put Pinocchio on top of Snow WHite, Peter Pan on top of Toad, Casy & storybook & Dumbo & carousel you get the idea with DL, Belle on top of Pooh (transition to Froniterland), Matterhorn & FLT & SW are their own structures.

Beauty & the Beast (facade is Belle's cottage. Ride on Belle's father's steam engine through the ride)

RESTAURANTS: Ballroom (inside Castle, sit-down), instead of DL's Village Haus have HKDL's Festival of Fools (scramble or buffet)

SHOPS: Gepettho's Workshop, Mad Hatter, Villain's Corner(?), Tink's (I don't know the real name)

SHOWS: Fantasyland Theater (if it's away from distractions, leave it outdoors. If there are distractions, keep it indoors), Fairy Tale Gardens (storytelling with Disney characters)

MISC/OTHER: Little Mermaid & Aladdin to me don't really fit here. Of course, just my opinion. There seems to be so much going on in my version of FL right now, I decided to put Mickey's Philarmagic in Toontown, train station probably for Toontown

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• If We Can Dream It...

Well well well, it seems some of us have really been thinking this through!
    I now know how much some of you enjoy these and let me tell ya, that makes these polls all that much more fun for me and hopefully all of you! Tomorrowland will be up in a couple of days. Toontown and Main ST. will be done a little differently than the rest of these. Thanks to everyone who's cast their votes; have a good evening and an even better tomorrow!

EDIT:Oh jeez, I keep forgetting to give my own reasons for my choices! First off most of them I chose simply because there classics. Pooh's hunny hunt I chose because it was/is such a leapforward in disney storytelling with the use of laser-guided vehicles. I think if the castle tour was done up to date with possibly a worse villain at the end and extreme effects(explosions, falling floors,etc.), it could possibly be one the most popular attractions at the/a park. Mickey's phillharmagic is a comeback to classic disney attractions in the fact that the whole family can enjoy this 3-D show compared to other 3-d movies(possibly with the exception of muppetvision). My thinking with Pinocchio is that it helps takes some of the crowds of the other dark rides. If I were to decide what kind of version of casey jr. I would say I would prefer paris' powered coaster version. My thinking of this fantasyland would be it has Cinderella Castle and the village and layout of Paris. As far as restaurants go, I think it should have some of the park's finest. 50% sit down, 50% counter service. All housed in old european buildings.
    Last edited by horizonsfan92; 08-09-2006 at 05:21 PM.
    - Horizonsfan

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Alright this might not be too specific to this poll but in general this is what I think should go in Fantasyland: 1) Being realistic, the Skyway probably isn't returning, so how about a nice little relaxing area up in the old station? It's small and open so not much else can go in there. Put in some tables, chairs and a little snack counter. Heck, it's better then nothing and the views would be neat. 2) A Beauty & The Beast darkride for sure. Pinocchio I don't care either way. Definetly Beauty & The Beast though. 3) Some sort of walkthrough in the Castle. 4) A substatial attraction in the 20K spot. It's my opinion this should involve water. Because without the 20K lagoon, the entire side of the park has basically no water whatsoever. None in Tomorrowland, Toontown or Fantasyland. That's a little dry, no pun intended.

• Minion

Why aren't many people voting for Pooh's Hunny Hunt??? It's arguably the best dark ride out there!!! It's definitely on par with Indy and nearly as fun as Journey to the Center of the Earth .
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• If We Can Dream It...

I'm a little surprised my self about Pooh's hunny hunt. Either people A) don't realize it's WAY different from the other pooh rides or B) just flat out hate pooh. And remember this is a fictional DL it doesn't have to be just FL. You can choose any Fantasyland layout or create your own. Have Fun!

EDIT:I just noticed I didn't put up the option for the HM, sorry! Shoot, and I can't change it. Oh well.
    - Horizonsfan

Besides the general in every park, a Carrousel. I would like to see all of it mixed up, and feature a mix of new and old, in different media forms. Such as instead of two Alice in Wonderland rides, you could combine them. Have a dark ride while the vehicles be teacups that move (just like Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin).

But different takes on rides, maybe have a Dumbo dark ride or Peter Pan ride in the style of Dumbo the Flying Elephant, that has pirate ships flying around a lagoon of Neverland. But generally people will want to see classics like Snow White and it's a small world.

Have some newer films. Such as instead of flying away with Peter Pan, have guests fly away on a magic carpet with Aladdin. There are many old and proposed ideas for rides with The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Mary Poppins, Sleeping Beauty, and Dumbo, they would be neat to see.

I think that there should be a lot of landscaping and look very natural if it was in the natural setting. There shouldn't be any carts or vendors that seem out of a place. It should lok aged and varied. Maybe cobblestones or large trees work in one are, but not in the other, there should be smooth transitions.

Obviously I think that theming and setting would be most important. There should be great detail to everything. Landscaping, painting, buildings. It shouldn't feel like it was just plopped out of a machine and put up for simply amusement. It should appear as if it was built especially for the guest. It should appear to be ultimate Fantasy.

• If We Can Dream It...

Thinking in and outside the box. I like it!
    - Horizonsfan

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Mr. Toad needs to be on there. I miss that ride in WDW. Got to get to DL someday soon to revisit my old friend.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

All of them. and yeah, you forgot Toad

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I didn't choose Pooh because I've never been to DLR, so I didn't think I could have an accurate opinion on that.

I do think however that 20,000 leagues should definitely be added, I MISS THAT RIDE!

• If We Can Dream It...

I appologize but I couldn't put on every single attraction, there wasn't enough space. As for pooh, I'm talking about Tokyo's version. The one with laser guided vehicles and huge themed rooms.
    - Horizonsfan