Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• AKA: Indyiluvu

My first post and trip report!

I just joined a few days ago and after reading many awesome trip reports, I thought I'd make my very first post a trip report. Just heads up, It will probably be a long one as we spent four full days in the parks.

First of all, I live in southern CA and am a Disneyland AP but back in late May I had my very first (and so far only) trip to WDW!! I went
    with my parents and younger sister. The trip was a College graduation/birthday present since they happened at the same time.

Fri May 26th 2006

Spent all day traveling, Car, plane, bus. Finally arrived at our hotel at 11:30 at night and collapsed. We stayed at the "Beach Resort" which I liked a lot. The boardwalk is a neat area and it was walking distance to epcot.

Sat May 27th 2006

We rented a car and spent all day at Kennedy Space Center. It was fun and entertaining, but since this is a Disney forum I'll skip to the days we had at the parks.

Sun May 28th 2006

PARKS DAY 1:
    Disney's Animal Kingdom
    Epcot
    Magic Kingdom EMH

We got up at 6am and returned the rental car and took a bus over to
    Animal Kingdom.

My mom forgot her ticket in the room, but they
    gave her a temp pass. We waited in line from 8am to 9am when the
    park opened. I loved the opening ceremony with the lion king
    music! Very cool.

We ran to expedition Everest.

My family got in the standby line while I went for fastpasses. The standby line was moving so fast that I just joined them in line before I could get the
    fastpasses. The line was only 15min. We had no idea what to
    expect and the backwards part took us all by surprise. In fact
    after we got off the ride my mom and I were shaking, and I felt a
    little queasy. Which is weird because I never get sick on Roller
    coasters. I think this was the first time I ever got sick on a
    ride!! My sister also felt sick and my dad said he hurt his
    neck. My family sat down and I decided to go again on the single
    rider line. I pretty much walked onto the ride and my family was still resting and told me to go again, so I went for a third time. When I got off the ride
    my sister was in the bathroom throwing up. What a way to start a
    Disney vacation!!!

After Everest we walked around the park and got fastpasses for the
    Safari ride did the jungle walkthroughs and ate some snacks. My
    dad's neck still hurt so he went back to the hotel and my sister, mom
    and I went on the safari ride. Way cool ride, my favorite part
    was the bridge that goes over the crocodiles!

After lunch my sister went back to the hotel and my mom and I ride
    Dinosaur (Indy is far superior in my opinion) and watched who wants to be a bug.

We met my dad and sis at the hotel at 5:00, took a nap and then ate dinner at the boardwalk and walked to Epcot. The Guess who were playing and my dad wanted to see them so we watched the concert, did some shopping and watched Illuminations. (The best fireworks I have ever seen).

Then we hopped on the monorail and went to the magic kingdom just in
    time for the 10:00pm fireworks, which were under whelming after the epcot
    ones.

I got a wristband and stayed for Extra Magic Hours and the fam went
    back to the hotel. I was determined to see as much as I could
    while I was there, sleep be dammed.

I heard a lot of people complaining about EMH but I loved it!!
    The park was pretty empty. The longest line was space mountain
    which was 20min, almost everything else I walked on. Stitch’s
    Great Escape was probably the most disappointing ride ever.

I stayed until 1:45am and got back to the hotel and fell asleep at 2:30am

Monday May 29th 2006

DAY 2
    Magic Kingdom
    EPCOT

Slept in and got to the magic kingdom at 10:00am.

We rode almost everything I missed the night before including BTMRR, Splash mountain and Tom Sawyer’s Island. POTC was closed for the refurb I was kinda disappointed.

Since I am used to Disneyland and know it like the back of my hand the Magic Kingdom was like déjà vu. Kinda weird, both familiar and unfamiliar at the same time. Everything seemed BIGGER. The castle was huge, there was an actual lake instead of a pond. But it also seemed like there was less attractions than DL as the DL attractions were spread throughout the four parks in Florida. We had done all the E rides by 3:00pm. It seemed like Disneyland but spread thin. Not that this was a bad thing, it was just different. I have to go back someday for a second opinion

One thing I loved was all the rides they closed at DL that still existed at WDW. It made me feel like a kid again walking through the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. (I hate Tarzan’s tree house at DL and wished they never changed it). Also the TTA (people mover) was cool, (Hope they reopen it at DL soon) and we got to see Space Mountain with the lights on as it was broken down when we went through.

Back to the hotel for another nap and then to Epcot for Dinner at the France pavilion and then we watched the Guess Who (again) and my mom wanted to watch Illuminations (again)! Déjà vu!

Back to the hotel and asleep by 11:00

Tues May 30th 2006

DAY 3
    MGM Studios
    EPCOT

I got up early but everyone wanted to sleep in so I took a boat to MGM studios and got there for the opening ceremonies and my Family met me there later. Once inside I got a fast pass for Rockin Roller coaster and then rode Tower of Terror standby twice. I was not expecting the part where the elevator moves forward or the bright light of the elevator door as they do not have those at California Adventure. I loved the randomness of the ride and thought it was way better than it’s California equivalent.

After Rockin Roller coaster I met my family and we rode Star Tours, saw the Light Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show which I loved, Indiana Jones stunt show which I also loved since I am a huge Indy fan. (See my screen name) and who wants to be a millionaire, which I never got to do before they closed it at California Adventure.

Then we waited in an hour-long line for the “Narnia” experience. OK I stand corrected, Stitch’s great escape was not the worst “ride”, this was. After the long line all we did was watch an extended trailer and look at a few props. My whole family was pissed off after leaving this “show” or whatever it was. We spent the rest of the day telling other people not to waste their time seeing it.

That night we ate dinner at EPCOT (again, so glad we got the park hopper) this time in the Italy pavilion, but this time we skipped Illuminations and hung out at the boardwalk.

Wednesday May 31, 2006

DAY 4
    EPCOT FUTURE WORLD
    EPCOT – WORLD SHOWCASE

My dad, my sister and I went to Epcot Future World in the morning and my mom met us there later. I rode Mission Space twice on the orange side and my dad rode the green side while my sister waited for us outside. We met my mom and we got fast pass tickets for test track and went to the living seas. There was a 60min line for turtle talk and I was not very impressed by the aquarium. Then we ate lunch and got fast pass tickets for sorin’ and went to innoventions and my sister and I rode Segways!! It was awesome and way too short. Let’s just say I want one now!!!

My mom and sister chickened out of test track so I rode it with my dad and my sister went back to the hotel. Then my parents and I all rode sorin’. My parents had never been to California Adventure so this was their first time riding it and they loved it!! Some lady gave us her extra fastpasses as we were exiting the rude so we rode it again. She said they would have been expired after she got off the ride. I wanted to tell her that they don’t really expire, but they were free fastpasses so I kept my mouth shut. My parents went back to the hotel and I was on my own again. I walked around the rest of future world and made the horrible mistake of going on the Imagination ride with Eric Idle. I wanted to jump off the car and let it run me over. But at least it wasn’t as bad as Narnia! Then spaceship earth. I didn’t enjoy this ride either. I was falling asleep, the ride kept stopping and it smelled funny in there. I’m glad I rode it because I won’t ever have to ride it again!

Overall Future world was one of the things I was looking forward to the most and I ended up disappointed. It felt like a few new attractions, in an aging tomorrow land. Even areas like innoventions were disappointing (Disneyland had better innovention attractions in my opinion).

Then I decided to go back to the world showcase and watch the two circle vision films at Canada and China. I think the China one was the same one I used to watch as a child at Disneyland before Buzz light-year. Once again I love the nostalgia factor even though I’ve never been there before. After that I was tired so I went back to the hotel and my sister and I ate at the buffet and called it a night.

Overall it was a great trip, we did all the major attractions I wanted to do (and unfortunately some bad ones too: Stich, Narnia, Journey into the Imagination) and saw all four parks. Before the trip I was looking forward to Future world the most, but ended up liking world showcase better, and I think Animal Kingdom surprised me by being my favorite.

Thanks for reading. Now I’m off to Disneyland!!!

Joe

• Shablagoo!

Re: My first post and trip report!

Thanks for the trip report. I am always interested in the Disneylander opinion of WDW.

• Wish I was in WDW..

Ty for the report

seemed that you had fun!

-nikki

• Newbie.

Great report. Thanks for sharing.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Welcome and thank you.

I'm sure you got sick, not from the ride itself, but from all that bottled up excitement being quelled. I, too, tend to get a wee bit wound up and when I finally get through that first gate, it's like everything let's loose.

But at least, in the end you had fun!

Peace to you,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Very good trip report. Welcome to MiceChat. I envy that your off to Disneyland. I am visiting there in 15 days. Loved your honest reactions to WDW. Hope to see many more of your posts.

Thanks for the trip report, and Welcome to Micechat!

• Empress of Randomness

Thanks for the report....Ans a big Welcome to MiceChat!

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

• All you need is LOVE

That's what a wonderful first trip report. Thanks so much for sharing Love the pictures.

• Banned User

great trip report welcome to micechat!! oh and interesting shorts in that fisrt picture

I'm sure you got sick, not from the ride itself, but from all that bottled up excitement being quelled. I, too, tend to get a wee bit wound up and when I finally get through that first gate, it's like everything let's loose.
    Thanks for all the kind replys.

I think I also got sick because my stomach was empty as we skipped breakfast that morning and not expecting the backwards part threw my center of ballance off. After we ate a snack later I felt much better.

oh and interesting shorts in that fisrt picture
    Those are my lucky poker shorts.

• Banned User

love the pic

When I was in 7th grade. I got 2 ride space mountine with the lights on and off.

• love my friends

great trip report

Friends for life

Thanks again for all the kind comments.

I kept trying not to compare DL to WDW while I was there and let it stand on it's own, but I was just too farmiliar with DL and kept thinking of the simmilarities and differences. I don't know which I like better I have to have annother florida trip before I can make up my mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast