Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

If this is old news then I'm sorry, but I was shocked to discover this. As I was exciting the Haunted Mansion Thursday evening I was pointing out to some friends where the proposed shop might go and then walked around the corner to show them the pet cemetery. I looked up near the top and did a double take, up high on the hill sat the old Mr. Toad statue that used to sit above the attraction!!!!! At first I thought I had to be mistaken, but as I kept looking I knew it had to be him.

Sooooo I asked the nearest cast member or Mansion Butler in this case and he did not even know who Mr. Toad was so he sent me to an older cast member and said she would know. I went over and asked her and she said indeed that was Mr.Toad and he was added a couple months ago. She also said he had a funny phrase for a grave marker next to him. According to her it says...

DEAR MR. TOAD
    IT'S SAD BUT TRUE
    NOT NEARLY AS MARKETABLE
    AS WINNIE THE POOH

I had to share it with everyone, I thought it was so cool that Mr. Toad has once again been immortalized in the park and in such a funny way.Go check it out, I will try to get a picture up of it by next weekend.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by TarzanRocked99-06
    If this is old news then I'm sorry, but I was shocked to discover this. As I was exciting the Haunted Mansion Thursday evening I was pointing out to some friends where the proposed shop might go and then walked around the corner to show them the pet cemetery. I looked up near the top and did a double take, up high on the hill sat the old Mr. Toad statue that used to sit above the attraction!!!!! At first I thought I had to be mistaken, but as I kept looking I knew it had to be him.

Sooooo I asked the nearest cast member or Mansion Butler in this case and he did not even know who Mr. Toad was so he sent me to an older cast member and said she would know. I went over and asked her and she said indeed that was Mr.Toad and he was added a couple months ago. She also said he had a funny phrase for a grave marker next to him. According to her it says...

DEAR MR. TOAD
    IT'S SAD BUT TRUE
    NOT NEARLY AS MARKETABLE
    AS WINNIE THE POOH

I had to share it with everyone, I thought it was so cool that Mr. Toad has once again been immortalized in the park and in such a funny way.Go check it out, I will try to get a picture up of it by next weekend.
    Is THAT what happened to him? So....all of the lesser animals get killed off in the Wonderful World of Disney? How very sad.

Roger Rabbit is not much to look at. Maybe he'll be next.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I've heard he was there, but never anything about the marker. I really hope the marker is there.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I wish I had known about this before I went to MK today.

Someone needs to get a photo of this PRONTO!

• Minion

It wasn't the evil marketers that killed Toad. He's always been a reckless driver, he must've gotten in a horrible accident on the way back to Disneyland's Toad Hall.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Vehicle rotating backward

Toad is there, but that Pooh epitaph is a false rumor. He's in the back, but easy to spot because he looks to be made of metal while the originals look like concrete.

Here's a picture with him in the near-center.

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi
    It wasn't the evil marketers that killed Toad. He's always been a reckless driver, he must've gotten in a horrible accident on the way back to Disneyland's Toad Hall.
    Toad was actually one of the better drivers in Florida due to the law of averages, thank you very much. It was one of those old retired biddies that flocks to the state like the flying roaches, not looking where they were going, that took him out.

• We're number one!

Here's a picture that a friend of mine snapped a little while back. I posted it in the Secrets of WDW thread.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

as cool as that is , i'm going to guess it would have been better if toad had never died in the first place

My Maleficent tattoo

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen
    as cool as that is , i'm going to guess it would have been better if toad had never died in the first place
    You are so right. I would much rather see Pooh in the grave yard (without his head) then to see the beloved Mr. Toad.

• Shubisha

he isn't made of metal. he's one of the big figs from disneyland and painted to look that way.

one of these things

• Minion

ORWEN: Hmmm....I guess this is somebody's idea of a joke. But it didn't make us cauldron girls laugh.

ORDDU: Indeed it did not!! And it hasn't been able to get so much as a tiny smile from Mr. Toad, himself, either.

ORGOCH: Ya see, Ol' Toady's a friend ta us Cauldron gals. An' we can promise ya all he's alive 'n well!

ORWEN: Healthier than certain management types who have no idea how much the fans of Mr. Toad have been insulted by such a hideous suggestion that he could actually be dead.

ORDDU: Though management types don't have a grasp on this idea, we're certain that most Disney fans realize that all Disney characters are immortal and can never die.

ORGOCH: Got that right! Otherwise the two ya's would be six feet under by now--considerin' all the times I's tried ta rub ya out, my OWN dang self!

As much as I love Tigger, I wish Mr Toad was back in Fantasyland as well.

BTW, where *is* the pet cemetary? I've never even noticed it before. I've always know about Disneyland's but not WDW's.

• We're number one!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster

BTW, where *is* the pet cemetary? I've never even noticed it before. I've always know about Disneyland's but not WDW's.
    After you come off the ride when you get outside and look to your left and there's a little hillside. It's right there.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

are you able to go and see the markers? Or else why would they put say the one for toad if you cant read it?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyBear
    After you come off the ride when you get outside and look to your left and there's a little hillside. It's right there.
    I am blind as a bat because I have NEVER seen this before in all the times I've been there!

And speaking of the Mansion... man is it in a sorry state! REFURB! REFURB!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast