• Iron-Clad Allie

Best Music For Magic Kingdom Rides

I would like you to list your opinion of the best music (background an/'or foreground) for a Disneyland ride in each of the park's lands. If none of the attractions stand out to you, musically speaking, for a given land, then don't list the land.

Here are my choices.

Main Street: Walt Disney World Railroad...has a music of it's own

Tomorrowland: Carousel of Progress...when it's operating

Fantasyland: Mickey's PhilHarmagic...automated seats constitute a ride

Frontierland: Splash Mountain

Liberty Square: Haunted Mansion

Adventureland: Pirates of the Caribbean

Toon Town: Walt Disney World Railroad / Barnstormer At Goofey's Wiseacre Farm (each have a music of their own)
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-13-2006 at 07:03 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Best Music For Magic Kingdom Rides

Critter Country: Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    There's no Critter Country at WDW's MK. However, I kept hearing the Winnie the Pooh theme music by the Pooh ride/Pooh's Playful Spot area yesterday while sitting on a bench waiting for Tigger to come back from his break.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I would go with the Carousel for Fantasyland and the Space Mountain queue music for TL. I don't think it was ever used at DL, so I'll just say it's the one that sounds like "twinkle-twinkle, YEEEEOOOOoooop"

• The one, the only...

Music is such a big part of a Disney trip, it is hard for me to compare one to another.

I love the ambient music of Main Street. It really lifts your mood when entering the park. I know that it is not a ride, so I guess it does not qualify, but it is still what sticks in my head when being there.

I also agree about Carrousel of Progress having great music. Again, it lifts your mood when going there. Space Mountain would be second. The queue music is uplifting.

The music of Fantasyland has to do with the Carrousel. It is that music I think of for Fantasyland. But Mickey's PhilarMagic does have great music so I would go another with you on that.

I will have to think about it more. I would love to list the best music of the other parks.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Music is such a big part of a Disney trip, it is hard for me to compare one to another.

I love the ambient music of Main Street. It really lifts your mood when entering the park. I know that it is not a ride, so I guess it does not qualify, but it is still what sticks in my head when being there.

I also agree about Carrousel of Progress having great music. Again, it lifts your mood when going there. Space Mountain would be second. The queue music is uplifting.

The music of Fantasyland has to do with the Carrousel. It is that music I think of for Fantasyland. But Mickey's PhilarMagic does have great music so I would go another with you on that.

I will have to think about it more. I would love to list the best music of the other parks.
    The magical Fantasyland carousel music is probably the first that many, if not most, young kids overtly notice. That's the way it was with me. I plan to do another "best music" thread for the other parks in the future.

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    I would like you to list your opinion of the best music (background an/'or foreground) for a Disneyland ride in each of the park's lands. If none of the attractions stand out to you, musically speaking, for a given land, then don't list the land.

Here are my choices.

Main Street: Walt Disney World Railroad...has a music of it's own

Tomorrowland: Carousel of Progress...when it's operating

Fantasyland: Mickey's PhilHarmagic...automated seats constitute a ride

Frontierland: Splash Mountain

Toon Town: Walt Disney World Railroad / Barnstormer At Goofey's Wiseacre Farm (each have a music of their own)
    Only change I would make is Fantasyland:Ciderella's Golden Carousel Mickey's Philharmagic would be a close second. Elsewise your list has my favorite's all listed.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Banned User

What do you mean automated seats? I'm still lost on that one. Nice list though. I have to agree, though I love the background loops that just play in the background of the lands. That sets the atmosphere for me.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior

I would agree!!

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Excellent choices RW. I agree with all except for Main Street and Liberty Square.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the "Main Street Trolley Show" and for as much as I love the Haunted Mansion soundtrack, I think that Hall of Presidents trumps it.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by ron10036
    Excellent choices RW. I agree with all except for Main Street and Liberty Square.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the "Main Street Trolley Show" and for as much as I love the Haunted Mansion soundtrack, I think that Hall of Presidents trumps it.
    Sounds like the Hall of President's is part of a winning hand, Ron. If it wasn't on my "must see" list in the past, it is now. I didn't even know about the "Main Street Trolley Show". That must be one of those hidden nuggets that doesn't receive much formal publicity.

Let's see...what else might I part with at DLR?

How 'bout the Fantasyland Theatre for EPCOT's Living With The Land boat ride.