Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

what about revemp it into the "greater" Villan Movie Ride... then just have Eisner dress up as a CM and take you on a tour...

I personally wish it was fixed.. or removed/repalced.... Just not with another thrill ride.. Families need rides too...

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    1) you come across as a biased CM who actually "thinks" you guys do a good job at WDW now a days
    That was downright rude. I was going to post that I disagree about the original post, but after reading the first few paragraphs, I figure it would be like talking to a wall.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Fastpass Hater

I take every TDLFAN post with a grain of salt since it's always mostly just bashing WDW and praising TDL. i.e. "Trash Mountain" and "The Bad Movie Ride."

Quote Originally Posted by Yensid TlaW
    I take every TDLFAN post with a grain of salt since it's always mostly just bashing WDW and praising TDL. i.e. "Trash Mountain" and "The Bad Movie Ride."
    That's sad -- and your loss. TDLFAN has an amazing amount of WDW knowledge and history. He also has perspective having spent a lot of time at all four Disney outposts on the planet.

It's a shame some folks can't handle the truth and would rather read about other folks favorite character breakfasts or where they can buy another pin or fanboy dreams of attractions etc ...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    That was downright rude. I was going to post that I disagree about the original post, but after reading the first few paragraphs, I figure it would be like talking to a wall.

-Michael
    Hey. You are a "Michael Eisner supporter" (written under your codename) and a Pope lover based on your avatar, but I don't hold that against you even if I disagree with such ideals. But I will not apologized to anyone when I am posting the facts as I see them. If it appears that I am bashing WDW and praising TDL is simply because at these current times, WDW disappoints and TDR surpasses expectations. Plain and simple. You may choose to dismiss my comments because you probably are not familiar with what the Japanese do at TDR and how they run their parks there, but even that is a bit unfair and rude to me as well. If you navigate to the Tokyo section of Micechat and the many other sites I participate in, you will see that I have also critisized TDR several times about some of their own slips in quality. Mercifully for me as a 'Disney consumer', those slips at TDR are rare and far in between. When the MK charges the highest fee for a 1-day passport to the park (the highest 1-day admission fee of any DL-type park in the World) I expect the very best. Sadly, you and I are getting the least quality at the MK for the highest price. Those are facts. Not my opinion. Remember... I have been a WDW guest since 1972, and a CM there for many years as well. I have seen the jewel's sparkles fade in a very alarming way. But those who did not visit WDW prior to 1994 would not understand where I am coming from...and that's OK. You are forgiven. :o
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 05-03-2005 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    That's sad -- and your loss. TDLFAN has an amazing amount of WDW knowledge and history. He also has perspective having spent a lot of time at all four Disney outposts on the planet.

It's a shame some folks can't handle the truth and would rather read about other folks favorite character breakfasts or where they can buy another pin or fanboy dreams of attractions etc ...
    if it helps Lutz has met with similar dissaproval on other sites

I say keep up the good fight

sites like Miceage help keep a level of realisum up

I'm still suprised that everyone wants to just hear about how everything's terrific at WDW considering what the general Miceage history is

I'd still say that the hardest part about the awareness of problems in WDW is it's size

if you concentrait on different areas especialy in well trafficed areas then you can illustrait how even the main drag is becoming dillapidated

who knows what'll happen though

I don't think Al became all that popular with most people until the turnaround started

when everything started to look new and the castle got it's paint everyone realized just how faded everythign really was

• Inappropriate

Oh boy...here we go...

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Fastpass Hater

We're only talking about one bad ride on the Great Movie Ride....PULL THE PLUG!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I'd still say that the hardest part about the awareness of problems in WDW is it's size
    I can't possibly agree with you more on this. Well stated opinion. That is WDW's holy cross to bear for eternity. At TDR, as soon as they opened TDS, the overall quality at that resort dropped one notch and was quite evident in many ways. Didn't help that the Burbank suits who oversee OLC's team over there were telling them how to cut back, but OLC saw the light when guests started voicing their opinions...and mercifully, the magic returned. If only more WDW guests did the same...maybe, just maybe, we could return the unsurpassed magic that was once WDW's trademark. Problem is...not until we get a management team who is willing to listen and correct problems, will we be able to effect positive changes at WDW. Seems like your average Disney guest of today is so easily satisfied, which is reason enough to keep pushing those admission ticket prices upward, and expect the next admission fee hike later this year. You heard it from me first!

• Inappropriate

We're only talking about one bad ride on the Great Movie Ride....PULL THE PLUG!!!
    Yeah what he said! OH this is going to erupt as many posts do...we should all stop now. Okay, a bad ride was taken..on a bad ride that used to be a good ride, and something should be done to this bad ride, whether replaced or refurbed. There. I covered everything about this topic. ANd we move on.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Wandering aimlessly

The Great Movie Ride has some problems....however, if the CMs showed some enthusiam it could still be fun. Sadly, they usually seem totally bored with what they are doing...which makes them totally boring for us to listen to.

Can't they find any theater types to liven the place up a bit?

• Banned User

I agree. In the words of a very savy Ursula..."never underestimate body language".

WDW used to actually 'cast' for roles ... now they beg for dregs to fill holes.

• Fastpass Hater

Rode it Saturday, they did have the back two vehicles running when I rode, but afterwards I saw our female gangster and a cowboy leave the area behind it, so I'm guessing they may still do the other scene. The bubbles were working at the Footlight Parade scene, there were smoke bursts to simulate the bullets hitting the wall in the gangster scene, the acting wasn't bad, and the ride didn't break down. I still think its needs major changes, but it was exactly as it was 16 years ago to me (minus that final film montage).

• Disney Memory Maker

so I'm guessing they may still do the other scene.
    Yes, they still do. If the ride's line doesn't warrent the other car though, they won't show both. A strange thing about the ride is that it seems like most people always get the same scene. Up until a few years ago, I never even knew about the cowbow scene.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast