Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

The real "bad movie ride" includes films such as Cinderella II: Dreams Come True and other cheapquels.

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    The real "bad movie ride" includes films such as Cinderella II: Dreams Come True and other cheapquels.
    Haha, actually i thikn that's the "Worse Movie Ride"

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

I'm sorry to hear that the Great Movie Ride was not operating to it's designed standards. With all of the effects working, it is a very cool ride..... the last true animatronic based attraction built by Disney.

Last time we were in Epcot, Spaceship Earth was operating in a similar condition with many of the effects not working. :-(

Cris

• Banned User

>>the last true animatronic based attraction built by Disney<<

You mean in the USA. TDSea has several AA based attractions that are less than 4 yrs old. "Sindbad", "20K" and "JTTCOTE" are three of them.

Yes, TDL, you are right . . . althought they were funded by the Oriental Land Company and not Disney, even if they were designed by Disney. I mean, there are Disney attractions (like Indy) that include animatronic figures, however Disney seems to have abandoned the slow moving through heavily themed environment (Pirates, Mansion, Spaceship Earth, etc.) type of attraction. For example, look at the previous Imagination ride and look what replaced it!

Cris

Sinbad is still slow moving and goes past sets that are rich in detail

the artistic direction is amazing

I think TDLfan would know more then me though :P

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    Sinbad is still slow moving and goes past sets that are rich in detail

the artistic direction is amazing

I think TDLfan would know more then me though :P
    JTTCOTE and 20K are also slow moving (JTTCOTE only picks up speed for less than one minute of the total ride time and that comes at the end)..and like Sindbad, they also go past sets that are rich in detail, where the artistic direction is amazing...

Maybe they should consider refurbing it and adding new scenes and getting rid of older unpopular ones. Like i never really cared for the western scene with John Wayne. If they refurb it they could maybe add more action packed movie scenes with more special effects. And maybe possibly get rid of the old story where the your vehicle is taken over by some ganster and write a new story. I remember the Movie ride being better but all Disney rides are usaully amazing the first time and get more boring the more times you visit it becuase you know what to expect.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    That's sad -- and your loss. TDLFAN has an amazing amount of WDW knowledge and history. He also has perspective having spent a lot of time at all four Disney outposts on the planet.
    You get that PR machine rollin'!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Banned User

I went on this attraction Monday...

2 female CMs....

The first was not that bad.... the Ganster however had the accent but not really good effect....

(It is hard to notice effects not working when i havn't been on it for long periods of time...)

1 train operation.... it worked and didn't work.... some things felt off timed... but it was entertaigning for someone who never been on it before.. (sister's friend)

A weird question - is there anywhere to download / buy that movie they show at the end? Any time I see one of the movies it starts playing in my head - I'd love to get it and then "check" off the ones I've seen...

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebug
    A weird question - is there anywhere to download / buy that movie they show at the end? Any time I see one of the movies it starts playing in my head - I'd love to get it and then "check" off the ones I've seen...
    Yeah, buy all the movies they show and use Windows Movie Maker to peice the clips together.

It might be on Disney-Central, but I doubt there's any "legal" version of the movie.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Re: I rode the 'Bad' Movie Ride today

I would hate to see them replace this ride. I'm from California and when they opened DCA me and my friends were praying for a version of GMR in our state.

When I rode it the 2 Male CMs were awesome. I remember thinking WTF as the "AA" came out of the scene and hijacked the car. The Alien part rocked with them bursting out of the walls. I don't remember a western scene other than passing by John Wayne and some sets. And as for the final film montage, is that still there? I know that ride would bring tears of joy to my father (HUGE classic film nut)

I don't want the ride to go anywhere, but that movie montage is laughable. Not only is it almost 20 years out of date but the print quality is comparable to a worn out Betamax tape.
    Last time I rode (4 weeks ago) the Wicked Witch was HORRIBLY maintained. This used to be the premier AA in all of WDW and she looked, well, like a 60's POTC figure.
    And now, hearing that there used to be more going on in that first Busby Berkely sequence, I'm depressed, because I could never figure out why that scene was so dead.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    you come across as a biased CM who actually "thinks" you guys do a good job at WDW now a days
    That was about the most disturbing and disgusting thing I've ever seen anyone post on this site since I started viewing this forum. Unless you work for WDW and know what you are talking about don't you dare start critizing the WDW Cast Members as a whole.

Like any business, there are a few bad eggs. I am a CP, and I work very hard to make sure everyone leaves my park with the happiest experience of their lives. Before you start criticizing every cast member at the resort, bear in mind a few things...

There are 55,000 Cast Members at the Walt Disney World resort, and I'm willing to bet almost 52,000 of them try their hardest.

The employees here are treated very poorly, not paid well, given a lot of trouble for any incidents, and have to deal with thousands upon thousands of over-judgmental people like you.

I work with some fantastic people, and I have seen some people who really do not care that they work for Disney, they just have to pay their bills. I've been on attractions at parks all over the country where I felt the employees didn't do an okay job, including the beloved Disneyland.

Some of us do try, and some of us do our jobs very, very, well. Think before you post like this.

Aside from that...
    I had a Career Insight session with the show producer of the Disney-MGM Studios, an imagineer, who mentioned that there had been plans in the works for years to update the Great Movie Ride for modern audiences. However, because of projects like Rockin' Roller Coaster and Lights... there just wasn't a budget for it.
    I visit that particular park at least twice a week, and the last couple of times, the CM's I had performing did an excellent job. There is one in particular who does a fantastic job with the accent, flawless spieling, and effort. The ride is outdated, but there are still those in high places who care, and are trying to make a difference.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast