Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Blog Entries

Re: Can't decide which park for just one day

We're driving in early Saturday August 26th, and that'll be the day we go, so probably won't be there right at park opening. I'm hoping to come back for food and wine but I'd have to convince my wife to go along with it and since we don't have annual passes to Disney we'd have to fork over the ticket prices again. So there's no promising we'll make it back. We're in Florida but all the way over on the west gulf coast so it's still about 6 1/2 hours for us to get there. However we will be stopping at my mother's house in Live Oak on Friday night before driving over Saturday morning.

Next year I really hope to pick up at least the seasonal disney pass so this becomes easier. It would be awesome to have the seasonal disney pass and the universal pass all at the same time.

I'd definitely recommend EPCOT then. If you're not getting there when the park opens and it's a Saturday, the Magic Kingdom may be pretty crowded by the time you get there. Then again, that's if you're taking the potential crowds into consideration.

• Banned User

btw it will be more like 140 plus parking.

• Minion

My very biased opinion: Epcot. Only because it's my personal fave. Hard to go wrong either way, however.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Since it seems you are equally torn by both parks, here is how I would break it down.

Since I don't know what your definition of "next" weekend is, I'll show you the recommended parks suggestion for the next two weekends.

Sat, 19 Aug '06 7 MK EP |DS AK
    Sun, 20 Aug '06 7 DS |AK MK
    Sat, 26 Aug '06 7 MK EP | DS AK
    Sun, 27 Aug '06 6 AK | MK

The first column represents the best park to visit and the second column represents the parks you should avoid. From the looks of it, either park is a good way to go if you are going on a Saturday.

Sunday MK is usually the EMH so to get the most of your time, I would do Epcot.

Personally, I would do MK as you sound like you will be coming back the for Food and Wine Festival.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Since it seems you are equally torn by both parks, here is how I would break it down.

Since I don't know what your definition of "next" weekend is, I'll show you the recommended parks suggestion for the next two weekends.

Sat, 19 Aug '06 7 MK EP |DS AK
    Sun, 20 Aug '06 7 DS |AK MK
    Sat, 26 Aug '06 7 MK EP | DS AK
    Sun, 27 Aug '06 6 AK | MK

The first column represents the best park to visit and the second column represents the parks you should avoid. From the looks of it, either park is a good way to go if you are going on a Saturday.

Sunday MK is usually the EMH so to get the most of your time, I would do Epcot.

Personally, I would do MK as you sound like you will be coming back the for Food and Wine Festival.
    The thing to remember though is you have to be a resort guest for EMH so if you are just driving in for the day this won't affect you.

Summer, where did you find the recommended parks suggestion? Is this something Disney puts out or is it from an insider report or something like that? I liked the Food and Wine Festival last year and we plan on going back for it this year. My family are annual passholders planning on going back in Oct for the Halloween party. We did it last year on Halloween night and it was a blast! Well worth the extra admission fee. No lines and extra characters in costumes all over the park. Plus you get free candy!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

One big factor that's been alluded to is dining. Epcot has far more opportunities than the MK for fine dining. Plus if you're drinkers, you can have wine with your dinner (can't do that in the MK), or stop at the Rose & Crown Pub for a pint or a martini (mmmmm, British martinis!!!). And IllumiNations is one of my favorite events on the planet. When it's done, if you still have the energy, don't leave with the masses. Wherever you are in the World Showcase, walk in the opposite direction. Within a few minutes the crush will clear out, and you'll enjoy a leisurely stroll around the beautiful World Showcase Lagoon at night with no crowds at all. A very cool way to end your day!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I wasn't telling him to take advantage of EMH, I was telling him how he can avoid it and make the most of his time.

The crowd level information I get from www.touringplans.com , a FABULOUS site that I use to plan how I am going to hit the parks when I go and still make the most out of my time there.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    I wasn't telling him to take advantage of EMH, I was telling him how he can avoid it and make the most of his time.

The crowd level information I get from www.touringplans.com , a FABULOUS site that I use to plan how I am going to hit the parks when I go and still make the most out of my time there.
    Oh sorry, you're right. I didn't mean anything by it. I've noticed when I'm at the park how many resort guests don't even know about EMH. Sometimes EMH can be good and sometimes bad. The best thing is being able to go in the park later when the sun has gone down in the summer.

I would choose the Magic Kingdom!
    ~ The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return ~

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I'd go with Epcot. Bigger park, better food, and Illuminations.

Blog Entries

Thanks guys, if we go I think we'll be doing Epcot. We missed so many things last time and with all the great food (assuming we can get in to any of the places to eat without reservations) we should be great. There's also a lot of good places to get out of the heat here so good idea.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Enjoy!!!

• Pilot EdForceOne

make reservations now

You should definitely try and make priority seating reservations there. Another thing that I did with my friend was that we went to Le Cellier at 11:30 for lunch and because the restaurant had just opened, we got a table immediately. I had their cheddar cheese soup, with the free breadsticks and a soda, so we had a nice lunch for about $7 plus tax and tip.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast