Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Blog Entries

Can't decide which park for just one day

I'll be in Orlando next weekend and will have one day free for Disney should I decide fork over 130 dollars for the two of us to go for one day. We can't decide if we should hit Epcot or Magic Kingdom.

We were there back in late January but we missed several things from both parks. Here's what is pulling me to either park.

Epcot:

When we last visited Test Track was down for refurbishment, we skipped Mission Space due to the sick factor, we missed the American Adventure for some reason, then I got a horrible headache so we had to go home early and missed illuminations.

Now Test Track will hopefully be working, we can ride Mission Space thanks to going Green, we'll try to catch the american adventure, and hopefully I won't get sick before illuminations. (I'm also curious if anyone knows whether the land will be running without the guides that weekend).

Magic Kingdom:

Magic Kingdom also has quite a few things that it didn't have when we were there last. Captain Jack has been added to Pirates, Splash Mountain was down, and we ran out of time and didn't get to ride Big Thunder Mountain.

It seems there's more at Epcot for us to see that we didn't see last time, but the Magic Kingdom will always be the most magical park in the world and I'd like to try and talk the wife into going back later this year for the wine festival and hopefully after Nemo is open.

So what would you do if you only had one day to hit one park in Walt Disney World?

• Banned User

Re: Can't decide which park for just one day

Magic kingdom or epcot you don't want to miss.

The last park you would want to go to is AK or MGM.

Blog Entries

yes, I'm aware of that. That's why my choice is between Magic Kingdom and Epcot. I can't decide which one of those to pick.

• Banned User

Have you been to epcot before?

If you have go to MK.

If you been to MK before, go to epcot.

Blog Entries

I hope this doesn't sound rude because I do appreciate you trying to help, but did you even read my first post? We went to all 4 parks last January, I've been to all the parks several times (except for DAK which I've only seen the last time we were there.) There were several things we missed at both MK and Epcot. I'm trying to decide which one would be better to go to this time around.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!

That's where it all started, right? That place is my absolute favorite...of course, I've never been to the other parks....will this trip (God willing)...but, c'mon!! It's the Magic Kingdom!!!!

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

The budget conscience part of me would never pay full price for a one day ticket. Do you think you will be back in the future? If so, then I would buy a multi-day pass with no expiration and use the tickets again on your next trip. The single day price can get real low when you buy them this way.

If that won't work, what about buying a hopper pass so you can go to both parks? Finally, if that is not feasible, then I would go to Epcot. More things to do for grown-ups. I love the MK fireworks and you could still catch them buy hanging out on the beach at the Poly.

Have fun!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Magic Kingdom is great...but if the day becomes crowded it is easier to avoid crowds and get on longer relaxing rides at EPCOT...

...honestly for me it'll always be MK just for one day...

...but for everything you listed...go to EPCOT.

Blog Entries

That's what I'm leaning towards even though it'll be harder to talk the wife into coming down for the wine festival later. We're down that direction for our anniversary and Epcot has some wonderfully romantic spots and some amazing food. If we go that'll be it.

I'd like to buy the multi day passes, but we'll be pushing it on our budget with everything else we're doing to spend 130 dollars. Even though it makes better sense, we just can't afford 240 dollars plus tax for a 3 day magic your way ticket.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Goto EPCOT.. take the slow route.. check out all the details.. and stay for fireworks.

• The one, the only...

I see Epcot as two parks in one. There is so much to see and do, I would go to Epcot. If Future World looses its appeal, you can always go to World Showcase. Since you have not seen American Adventure, make sure you put that in. They have a singing group before the shows in the afternoon. Don't miss them. I would a lot an hour for AA in total.

I would also try Mission Space. Now they have the "easy" version. Frankly, I loved the regular version and feel that the concerns have been overblown by the lawyers! Test Track is a blast too. I think will Epcot would the the best bet!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Minion

Hmmm....tough choice. However, I would definitely pick Epcot in this case. The Magic Kingdom is a good park but in a sense, it's really just a poor clone of Disneyland. Epcot is unique to WDW, and has a barrage of things to keep you busy. You mentioned that you missed IllumiNations while you were last at Epcot, so this is reason enough to go back. Wishes, as good as it may be, is no match for IllumiNations.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Pilot EdForceOne

Here's an alternative thought..

Goto Blizzard Beach for the day... go get an early dinner at one of the hotels.. then goto the Poly Beach to Watch Wishes.

Then you have a great day.. do numerous things.. and all while skipping Disney's absurd one day ticket pricing.

Tough call on that one, kcnole. It sounds like there's some good things you want to see at both parks. Two questions, what day of the week are you going and will you be getting there at park opening?

If you're not going to be there when the park opens, I'd recommend going to EPCOT. Also, what are the odds that you'll be there for the Food & Wine Festival? If it's not a certainty, I'd go to EPCOT. If it's a situation that you will most likely go if you don't hit EPCOT on this visit, I'd hit the Magic Kingdom and save EPCOT until then.

I'd personally lean towards EPCOT, but you can always wait until that day and see which park you feel more like visiting that day.

If you've been to DL after 50th, MK is a no-bother.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast