View Poll Results: Is WDW to big for it's own good?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 15.79%
  • No

36 63.16%
  • Sort Of

11 19.30%
  • Other (please specify)

1 1.75%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Do you think WDW is too big?

Hey guys, take a vote and tell me if you think WDW is to big for it's own good? Did it just grow up to fast, before they had a chance to improve the parks already there? Comment below!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Vehicle rotating backward

From an outsider's perspective, I don't think it's too big. I do think there's one or two more hotels than there really should be for the total size of parks, but that's just me, I understand why they do it.

The only complaints of excessive construction that I have are building those sports stadiums (Why?!) and Downtown Disney, although I hate that more as a concept.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I don't think it's too big, each park has grown since it opened, I remember MGM opening and how much has changed since then, the parks mature over time. Yes there are more hotels than one can imagine, but also not everyone goes there for the parks just either, some never set foot in the parks I'm sure and go there to golf and shop. Golf is a huge tourist draw for some, especially in the northern states during the winter. I do think the baseball complex and race track are a bit much like MickeyMania said above. Otherwise I think everything else is a mixture of what some people look for in a resort. We don't all want to go golfing, or dancing in pleasure island, but there is just about something for everyone there and in no way is everyone expected to experience everything on one vacation.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

It's not a problem of being too big--although that's how it may feel to some people. The layout to poor and the content mix could be better. If they had built EPCOT as an experimental city and laid out everything accoring to a master plan the way Walt wanted, it would actually be bigger, but it wouldn't feel bigger. That plan used the land the best possible way. Right now some of the land use seems random and odd.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania

The only complaints of excessive construction that I have are building those sports stadiums (Why?!) and Downtown Disney, although I hate that more as a concept.
    I use to think the same thing about World Wide of Sports, However, then I started to work at WDW and realized my mistake. The sports complex brings in big crowds too WDW. There are always different school competitions going on that bring in large amounts of kids on trips. When these large groups of kids come in they don't come alone. They bring with them friends and family to watch them compete. It has become very big source of revenue for Disney even indirectly. As far as Downtown Disney I never really understood the big complaint about it. I definitly do not think Disney World is to big. In my opinion that is what makes it better then Disneyland. When I go to Disney World I will go for a week and never leave property. You really do feel as if you are in a different world.

• Banned User

WDW is too big and the size situation has caused management to cut back in maintenance among other things. They are no longer able to sustain the high level of quality that WDW was known for in the earlier years and as recently as the early 90s. In this case, bigger is most definitely NOT better. I would be against WDW growing any more at this point in time. It's a bit too much and this market is saturated in Central Florida. We don't need more hotels or theme parks right now. We have to deal with road improvements and infrastructure in order to deal with the booming growth Orlando is seeing.

I don't think Disney Worlld is too big. It's a "Destination Resort" Many people come and never leave the property. They like the idea of not having to see their cars again for a week or two. As far as resorts go, I think there are way too many DVC resorts. Unfortunately, were only going to see more of that since they sell so well.

• I was deleted.

I said Sort Of because it is so overwhelming to me. I say that probably because I haven't spent a lot of time there compared to at Disneyland and DCA. But ask me again in a couple of months and I might change my mind.

• Gay Man

On a steamy day in June, it is too big. It's smaller in the winter.

• Banned User

Walt Disney world is a Vacation district... It is Designed to be used from 1-10 days...

People can choose what they like and go there... and thanks to Michel Eisner barely have to leave property... (Busch Gardens Tampa is good... choose it over AK..... hehe) for anything..... Ther are room for more parks.. but it is the right size for now...
    and has the right amount of Hotel rooms...

• Hello there

Blog Entries
    I don't think it is too big for the vacationer. If you take your time, it is an all around vacation resort. There is enough to do without feeling bored. A little for everybody's likes. I think it is too big for the staff, though. They keep expanding property development without equally expanding help...

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

I don't think that WDW could ever be big enough. I really enjoy spending my vacations there, and I think that the bigger it gets, the better it will be!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyKyle
    I don't think that WDW could ever be big enough. I really enjoy spending my vacations there, and I think that the bigger it gets, the better it will be!
    This is why I like you So optimistic about Disney World, rather than picking it apart. I totally agree with you in every way!

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• On Autopilot

Well I went there in October... the whole place doesn't seem too bad. But walking around Epcots lagoon with high humidity is MURDER X_x

The only thing we didn't like about size was how far away Down Town Disney was from everything

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso11
    I use to think the same thing about World Wide of Sports, However, then I started to work at WDW and realized my mistake. The sports complex brings in big crowds too WDW. There are always different school competitions going on that bring in large amounts of kids on trips. When these large groups of kids come in they don't come alone. They bring with them friends and family to watch them compete. It has become very big source of revenue for Disney even indirectly. As far as Downtown Disney I never really understood the big complaint about it. I definitly do not think Disney World is to big. In my opinion that is what makes it better then Disneyland. When I go to Disney World I will go for a week and never leave property. You really do feel as if you are in a different world.
    As a visitor, I was rather underwhelmed by the Wide World of Sports. First, we had to wait for a connection for a pretty long time at MGM. Then when we arrived, we had no clue as to what we should do. When we finally found the participation area, it was run down and had no directed activities. My kids were looking forward to the day, but quickly became bored and pushed for a return to the parks. We did eat at the All Star cafe and really liked that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast