• Coming soon...

Scorchio's Trip Report: WDW, USF, SW and Busch Gardens!

Hi, been back for a week in England since my Florida Holiday for 3 wks. I will be posting a trip report as I write it, but progreess will be slow. Any way, here's what I did each day, as a taster! I have been to WDW twice before.

Day 1: agonisingly long journey
    Day 2: DAK - man I LOVED Everest, it was unbelievable, actually quite intense as well. Fantastic.
    Day 3: MK - putting Johnny in Pirates does NOT suddenly make the attraction better. POTC in Paris kicks WDW a**. HM needs a refurb quick, busts did not work and the soundtrack was awful (couldn't hear anything in the ballroom). Everthing else was great though. Also you have GOT to ride J cruise at night, great!
    Day 4: TL
    Day 5: Universal Orlando - RotM - whoah, blimey I can't decide whether its better than EE or not.
    Day 6: Sea World
    Day 7: MGM - LMA is better in Paris.
    Day 8: Epcot - Single rider + Test track 220 min stand by queue = me riding 2 times in 10 mins! Ha, suckers!
    Day 9: Blizzard Beach
    Day 10: IOA - Dueling Dragons was unbelievably intense, don't think I would handle hulk!
    Day 11: Rest in villa.
    Day 12: MK - did SGE - not too bad actually.
    Day 13: AK- Everest several times more
    Day 14: Epcot and leave Orlando
    Day 15: St. Pete's
    Day 16: BG - lame scenery, wouldn't bother with going again. Gwazi is good though.
    Day 17: St. Pete's
    Day 18: The journey back. As fate would have it we get a call at 6am telling us of a terrorist alert back home on our last day. Our plane was delayed by 6 hours and we arrived home at 7pm the next day.

Will post more later

Scorchio!

• Coming soon...

Re: Scorchio's Trip Report: WDW, USF, SW and Busch Gardens!

Oh - this died flat on its face didn't it.

Blog Entries

well we'd love to hear more, but there's not much of a report here. Just a basic itinerary of what you did. If you want responses we'd need pictures and commentary on pictures, etc... There's just not much substance to the post.

I'd like to hear more from you in detail, I just didn't find anything to comment about from what little you gave us.

• Coming soon...

Oh, yeah its quite boring isn't it? will add on later

• World Traveler

Be sure to add pictures too!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

We are all certified book readers here, you'll find the more detail the better. Oh and don't forget the photos! I personally would love to hear what you thought of St. Petersburg, FL as that is near where I live.

NO oke: my sig

Problay going to use the avatar above during October, but Its soo cute I can't take my eyes away from it!

• Banned User

hey Scorchio, do any of you Brits ever go to DLP for a change of pace??
    (that's a trick question. Answer with caution :P)

• Coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    hey Scorchio, do any of you Brits ever go to DLP for a change of pace??
    (that's a trick question. Answer with caution :P)
    Yes, I prefer DLP as well (hence my SMM2 picture below my name). 5 times so far to DLP, 3 to WDW.

Photos will not be around for a very long time due to err.... complications, give it a few weeks.

Anywho.....

Animal kingdom 1st visit. DAY 2 (day 1 is just travel, it sucks)

I arrived at 9 am sharp so that I could get all the main rides done first THEN look around at all the great scenery. IMO I feel that AK is the prettiest WDW park and definately (Thankfully) the most shaded. Since I saw EE half built in 2004 I had to go to Everest first and ride it. OMG it is tall and menacing. I liked Everest just for the sheek grandeur of it, looming over Asia, with its reflection in the lake. One problem though: THERE WERE NO SREAMS! This meant one thing, it was broken down. First nightmare of the holiday.

So, got fastpass and headed to Kilimanjaro Safaris and Kali River Rapids, both running as usual. A few questions for regulars to WDW.
    1. How long have the geisers been on KS?
    2. Were the prayer flags on KRR in 2004?
    3. Was KRR always this wet, I was bone dry in 2004 I swear?
    4. The wobbly bridge on KS didn't work in 2004, but it works now, how long has it been working for and was my 2004 experience a one off?

Anyway .....FASTPASS time!

EE was FANTASTIC, but I don't know why. It was fast yes, and intense, bu RnRc it faster and more intense. Yet I prefer Everest. The scenery is fairly bland, but I loved whizzing by it. It was simply enjoyable. The reason I think I loved it is because it has such a huge presence. It sits there drwing you in, I just wanting to go on it again and again and again.

Next came Dinosaur! Which has deteriorated since I last visited. The first 2 rides I could seen too much, and many effects didn't work. But on the final ride the effects worked, but it was too dark! But I still enjoyed it loads.

Final ride It's tough to be a bug, and it was great as usual. Unfortunately the weather took its toll and at 1pm it rained and thundered a lot, and my group demanded we leave. Shame, but we would visit one more time at the end of the holiday in orlando.

• Banned User

What happen at busch gardens that made u not like the place. I work at zagora cafe and I was just wondring.

• Coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore'snumber1fan
    What happen at busch gardens that made u not like the place. I work at zagora cafe and I was just wondring.
    I just thought that the ride scenery was bland and there were carnival things everywhere. Not a bad park at all, but nowhere near as good as Disneylands and Universal parks.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Scorchio
    I just thought that the ride scenery was bland and there were carnival things everywhere. Not a bad park at all, but nowhere near as good as Disneylands and Universal parks.
    Bg is a local park that has rides for all ages. Yes the rides are bland but busch is slowly changing the park and adding new inorvated rides.

• Coming soon...

Day 3: Magic Kingdom 9am-2pm, 7pm-10pm.

The first ride I went to was Splash Mountain, getting FP for BTM while I was in the area. Splash Mountain has always been my favourite MK park attraction ever, and still is. BTM was great as usual.

Next came Buzz Lightyear, which was good, but inevitably turned out to be the longest queue of the entire holiday at 1 hour (I use FP very effectively, and managed to ride everything we wanted barely queing for 30 mins.). Next came Stitch, which broke down after 50 minutes of queuing! The CMs didn't tell us it was down for 30 mins of the line not moving!

Now, Space Mountain, which is in suprisingly good condition considering its age. It rides best in the very front seat.

This day was very hot, almost unbearably hot, and my group were very tired, so we could only handle one more ride: POTC.

WDI did something right, as the queue for POTC in 2004 didn't even exist, now its on the verge of becoming one of the big E-tickets. But, mr. Depp's appearance did not justify how short WDW's ride is whatsoever. It really stinked, one tiny drop (aagh), a game of spot Johnny, then oh, its the end. At least it was in good state, unlike a certain Haunted Mansion.

We returned after dinner out in Formosa Gardens area to ride HM and JC.

Oh, dear, HM is a ruin, worst ride in MK now (considering how Phantom Manor is (in Paris) and how Haunted Mansion was).

Here is what didn't work:
    1. Entire foyer scene -we were let straight through into the stretch room
    2. Stretch room wallpaper really peeling and dirty.
    3. Ballroom organ couldn't be heard at all.
    4.Singing busts projections - Thurl Ravenscrofts nose projected too high, and eyes in the middle of his forehead.
    5. Ghost Host voice, really static

Ugh...disgusting

If your reading DISNEY

HM NEEDS A REHAB NOW

Jungle cruise at night is fantastic though, and covers up the fact that the animals look fake!

Anyway.....more 2morrow