Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: Disney's Orlando resort to get new leader - Orlando Sentinel, 8/17/06

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000
    But year after year the WDW Ambassadors are just..... ugly. Or dorky guys. Why?
    Simple. The bar was lowered when they decided to do that stupid "Ambassador Team" concept. They were more selective when they had to choose only ONE Ambassador per year, but now.. they have to choose a team and some less than beautiful people have gotten by. I guess it's part of Disney's diversity policy of late. But all you have to do is check video and photos from HKDL's grand opening day and check the Ambassador lineup during the grand opening ceremony.. the ladies from DL, TDL, DLP and even the new HKDL Ambassador were very attractive and professional looking gals. The one lady representing WDW was a hag, and looked badly outfitted in her costume. I was embarrassed for WDW. I would have preferred one of the dorky guys over her.

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I have to admit, she is prettier than most of the female Ambassadors of late at WDW, but that lipstick color is wrong wrong on her.. and loose the frumpy manly grey jacket. She ain't fooling no one.

Well... if she's the person I mention from my video, she sure don't look like that normally

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    The one lady representing WDW was a hag, and looked badly outfitted in her costume. I was embarrassed for WDW. I would have preferred one of the dorky guys over her.
    So if you were running WDW... women representing the resort would have to be drop-dead supermodel gorgeous and not "hags" but men could be "dorky guys" and that would be preferable, correct?

You're willing to cut some slack for the men, but not for the women? Women have to be held to a higher standard than the men do, even in something as superficial as appearance?

This double standard has been a hallmark at Disney for decades, and I'm personally fed up with it. And some of the worst offenders of this practice are actually gay male managers and executives, who in theory should be the most tolerant because of their own struggles for mainstream acceptance, but who in practice seem to be the least tolerant ones of the bunch.

It doesn't take a PhD in psychology to know why Nina Jacobson was fired from the Studios, even though she was fully capable, qualified, and experienced. She was replaced by a "dorky guy" from marketing, with less qualifications and experience than she possessed. What a surprise.

The Disney Difference of Discrimination™ lives on.

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy
    So if you were running WDW... women representing the resort would have to be drop-dead supermodel gorgeous and not "hags" but men could be "dorky guys" and that would be preferable, correct?
    You stop it right there! DO NOT got around changing my words.. I said, the other Ambassadors were "attractive and professional". I DID NOT say drop-dead supermodels of which
    I have an entirely different (non flattering) opinion altogether. To me, someone attractive means someone who is pleasantr and can engage the crowd with personality, of whihc I found none in the WDW ambassador in question. So get it right, will you? Because the WDW gal in 2005 was a hag and even my CM friends from WDW used to shake their head about that particular Ambassador selectee.

The Disney Difference of Discrimination™ lives on.

Actually NOT anymore, or else, 2/3rds of the Guest relations staff would not be qualified to be there and hags would not be Ambassadors to the World. Now.. you want to talk about discrimination? ..When I was a CM in the early 80 at WDW, many times I would train new hires just to see them passed over me and be assigned to be my dept. lead. REPEATEDLY. You know why?? Because I am hispanic and Disney back then did not treat their hispanic or black CMs with certain dignity and the white bread managers did everything they could to sabotage hispanic and black CMs' advancement. So please... don't talk to me about discrimination because I have dealt a great deal of that in my life for being hispanic and gay.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 08-20-2006 at 09:53 AM.

Re: Breaking News: Disney announces new President of the Walt Disney World Resort

Wait ... TDLFAN ... you are BOTH Hispanic and gay?!?!?!?

Wow!!! You have really been putting one over on me ... I wouldn't have guessed either ... you are very good, my friend. Next you'll tell me you're into Donna Summer!

• Banned User

Re: Breaking News: Disney announces new President of the Walt Disney World Resort

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Wait ... TDLFAN ... you are BOTH Hispanic and gay?!?!?!?

Wow!!! You have really been putting one over on me ... I wouldn't have guessed either ... you are very good, my friend. Next you'll tell me you're into Donna Summer!
    DONNA SUMMER rules!!!! Go to www.donnasummer.com and crank upthe volume and read all about her new record label deal and brand new album to be released in spring 2007!!! Can't wait!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123