Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Disney's Orlando resort to get new leader - Orlando Sentinel, 8/17/06

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...ness-headlines

Walt Disney World this afternoon will announce the new leader of the Orlando resort.

Last November, Al Weiss, who has run the organization since 1994, was promoted to oversee all Disney parks worldwide. Weiss was running the local operation in the interim but said then there would be a search for a new person to oversee the local theme parks, water parks, time shares and hotels. Walt Disney World is the region's largest employer with about 58,000 employees.

Insiders and observers have speculated that possible candidates for the job include Karl Holz, president of Euro Disney SCA and a former senior vice president of operations for Disney World; and Jim Lewis, senior vice president and general manager of Disney Vacation Club timeshares.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Disney's Orlando resort to get new leader - Orlando Sentinel, 8/17/06

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...&from=business

The Walt Disney Co. on Thursday said it has promoted 27-year Disney veteran Meg Gilbert Crofton to president of the Walt Disney World Resort.

The company also elevated 10-year Disney veteran Jim Lewis to president of Disney Vacation Club. Both Crofton and Lewis will report to Al Weiss, president of Worldwide Operations for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Meg Gilbert Crafton was Executive Vice President, Human Resources and Diversity & Inclusion for WDW prior to her promotion.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Here is a link that has a photo of the new President of WDW

http://www.cob.fsu.edu/man/hrcenter/...info.cfm?id=31

• Banned User

what does an hr person know about running a resort? besides personelle issues. and she worked for jay can you say puppet?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Breaking News: Disney announces new President of the Walt Disney World Resort

I can't find anything to confirm this yet, but I'm looking. Story at: http://thedisneyblog.typepad.com/tdb/

Meg Gilbert Crofton, a 27-year Disney veteran, was just announced as the new President of Walt Disney World. This position remained unfilled since Al Weiss was promoted to lead Global Operations for all Disney Parks and Resorts.
    "Thanks to Meg's leadership, we've made great strides in creating a world-class HR organization that is focused on providing the best experience and work environment for our Cast around the world, as well as furthering the business objectives of our segment," said Rasulo, who added that Crofton's replacement would be named shortly.
    "I am extremely excited about the opportunity to lead the Walt Disney World Resort," said Crofton. "Central Florida is my home and it's where I spent the majority of my career – and it has always held a very special place in my heart.
    Crofton has held executive leadership roles in worldwide Human Resources, Operations and Sales. But she is not the first to rise from Human Resources, Dick Nunis got his start developing the very first Cast Member training program for Disneyland in 1954.
    Recently Crofton was added to a select executive advisory committee to aid Jay Rasulo in his role of Chairman of Walt Disney Worldwide Parks and Resorts. Other memembers of the board, and potential candidates for Crofton's position, included Nick Franklin, who had been senior vice president of international development; parks Chief Financial Officer Jim Hunt, and Michael Mendenhall, executive vice president of public affairs.
    It's nice to see Disney promoting from within its ranks of long term employees. Best of luck to Meg Crofton as she enters a position that has been curtailed in power by the promotion of Al Weiss and the creation of the committee she served on.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Breaking News: Disney announces new President of the Walt Disney World Resort

Darkbeer posted the story in the News forum earlier: http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34606

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Re: Breaking News: Disney announces new President of the Walt Disney World Resort

Ahh. Thanks. I didn't see it.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Shubisha

I only found one picture of her in google image search...

Is this the same woman who was trying to tell me that WDW's pirates wasn't opening? my video on VF. heh. that's funny. She wouldn't tell me her position. I still wouldn't have believed her since 4 days earlier I was getting told the same thing at Disneyland for our pirates' soft opening. ;P

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    what does an hr person know about running a resort? besides personelle issues. and she worked for jay can you say puppet?
    Can we at least give her a chance? I mean what does a Disney Cruise person know about running a resort....yet Ouimet did fine. Right now, I don't know enough about her to say "That's Great!" or "That's Horrible!" so I'm going to see how it goes before I form my opinion on her. If she does a good job, great. That's all I can hope for.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor
    Can we at least give her a chance? I mean what does a Disney Cruise person know about running a resort....yet Ouimet did fine. Right now, I don't know enough about her to say "That's Great!" or "That's Horrible!" so I'm going to see how it goes before I form my opinion on her. If she does a good job, great. That's all I can hope for.
    Actually, quite a lot. A Cruise ship is in a way a "mini" resort with shows and
    attractions. (no rides of course). Yes, there are quite a lot of differences as well.
    But the differences are no where as great as comparing HR to running a park.
    (although I completely agree that HR is a critical element, it's really pretty
    far from the 'show').

Now that's not to say that Ms. Crafton will be good or not, but IMHO I'll take
    Mr. Grier anyday (who has both Operations and Park manager experience.)

But maybe she'll have decent people underneath her who can run the various
    parks. (Like Greg Emmer for DL). One never knows.
    Last edited by nish221; 08-17-2006 at 03:53 PM.

• Banned User

Oh goodie. A new person to blame for the MK's lack of cleanliness and upkeep!

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Oh goodie. A new person to blame for the MK's lack of cleanliness and upkeep!
    Let's hope this will spark a change there. I am glad that someone that is from the east coast has been promoted to the post especialy someone who's home is central Florida. Maybe they remember what once made WDW so special. I hopes this mean that Meg will visit (frequently) the park and see the truth of what is going on there.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

worldwide Human Resources, Operations and Sales
    So besides this slightly uh...empty report on her past now we need the real info. Who is she? Where has she worked? When was she there?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover
    Let's hope this will spark a change there.
    It won't. This woman will have to have balls to prove herself against the bosses who placed her there... or else, I anticipate her to be just another rubber stamp for the bigger wigs above her. But let's hope I am wrong about her.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast