Blog Entries

Mickey Dreamfinder

I came across the greatest little plush toy in the Disney Outlet store tonight and for 5 dollars I just had to get him. It was Mickey Dreamfinder with Figment. I figured I'd take a picture and share him with all of you dreamfinder fans. He is now sitting on my desk with my other Disney memorabilia.

• Boo♥

Re: Mickey Dreamfinder

That is so cute and for only 5 dollars!
    *Pokes*

• Delawarean Girl

Yes, that is cute.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole
    I came across the greatest little plush toy in the Disney Outlet store tonight and for 5 dollars I just had to get him. It was Mickey Dreamfinder with Figment. I figured I'd take a picture and share him with all of you dreamfinder fans. He is now sitting on my desk with my other Disney memorabilia.

Your plush on this photo is part of the Plush line that was released alongside the "Around Our World with Mickey" pin set. There are 12 pins (one for each Disney park around the World and Cruise Line), however, if I am not mistaken, the plushes were discontinued due to slow sales before the entire 12-plush series was released. The Dreamfinder Mickey plush you have is the #3 plush in the series, EPCOT. I bought the #4 plush, Tokyo Disneyland Mickey. I think only the Tokyo one may have been the last one produced...even thought I completedd the entire pin set related to this line of merchandise.

• Kungaloosh

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Your plush on this photo is part of the Plush line that was released alongside the "Around Our World with Mickey" pin set. There are 12 pins (one for each Disney park around the World and Cruise Line), however, if I am not mistaken, the plushes were discontinued due to slow sales before the entire 12-plush series was released. The Dreamfinder Mickey plush you have is the #3 plush in the series, EPCOT. I bought the #4 plush, Tokyo Disneyland Mickey. I think only the Tokyo one may have been the last one produced...even thought I completedd the entire pin set related to this line of merchandise.
    There were several pins released in the line as well like this one:

The set celebrated the 50th by creating a pin/plush for each location. The plushes stopped after Paris after discovered they were not selling very well. The pin itself is still for sale at MGM's Sorcerer's Hat Gift shop. The set failed for the most part because they flooded the market with them and marketability was dead. For this one particular the issue was people didn't recognize Mickey was supposed to be Dreamfinder. Some of the more current merchandise has been more recognizable. There is a Dreamfiner pin coming out a week from Sunday:

I have been noticing more and more Dreamfinder products coming into the market. I thought the plush was cute and the pin was nice but to me I didn't realize it was Dreamfinder if it wasn't for the little Figment and the tag which read "Dreamfinder." I hope Disney continues to make more items with the duo on it. Pins seem to be the most popular choice so far. This pin will be coming out soon too and its obvious to expect more based on the contemporary feel to it:

I think that we will be seeing even more if the classic collection piece does well and with the 25th of EPCOT coming up I am sure they will make Figment and Dreamfinder the icons on plush, pins, shirts, key chains, picture frames, mugs and anything else that can sell. I am just glad they are finally marketing vintage characters again.
    AN ADVENTURER'S LIFE IS BEST!

KUNGALOOSH!

• Delawarean Girl

My question was going to be why is Mickey having facial hair around him? But looking at the older or other pins I can see why.

• Delawarean Girl

So, sorry Dreamfinder is before my time from my first steps ever at WDW.
    Last edited by Hayley B; 08-19-2006 at 07:44 PM.

Blog Entries

This pin is very interesting:

Everything that we see on that pin can currently be found in Epcot except for the Dreamfinder. You've got SSE with the horrible wand, Test Track, Mission Space, and I can't figure out what the thing is over the diver. Anyhow all of those things are in Epcot except for the Dreamfinder and for some reason they made him front and center.

Like you I'm noticing more and more Dreamfinder things popping up. Is this any sort of hint that we might actually be getting a return of Dreamfinder, is it a test to see how well he's accepted, or am I just overanalyzing the whole thing in the hopes that it's true?

• Minion

It looks the thing over the diver is a turtle- as in Turtle Talk with Crush. And there's also the hangglider above SSE- probably for Soarin.

• Delawarean Girl

Since they are making items of him again. Maybe.

• Delawarean Girl

I have been told they are going to be removing that wand soon. But I don't when. I think maybe when EPCOT hits a Annv.

Again, It's interesting that they add Dreamfinder in with the current image of SSE.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    That plush is adorable!!! I didn't know that plushes were released with the series - which, by the way, I really liked. By the time I visited WDW in June, the only pins that were available that interested me were Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disney Sea (the two parks I haven't visited but really would like to). I was too late for Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, and Epcot. I was too early for Hong Kong Disneyland. Luckily, my dad made a business trip to Orlando and was able to get that pin.

I'm not sure why the plushes wouldn't have sold well? They look like great souvenirs to me!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    By the time I visited WDW in June, the only pins that were available that interested me were Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disney Sea (the two parks I haven't visited but really would like to). I was too late for Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, and Epcot. I was too early for Hong Kong Disneyland. Luckily, my dad made a business trip to Orlando and was able to get that pin.
    I have to admit the complete pin set of this collection looks great in it's card holder backing. Ready for framing one of these days... and I love my TDL Mickey plush from that set as well

• We're number one!

I have both that plush and the pin that matches it. I love them both! I can see why people would be confused though. Considering how long ago the imagination attraction was changed there wouldn't be too many people who would know or even remember Dreamfinder, sadly.