Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: WDW & Nick Hotel Trip Report and pictures, Updated with WDW

Sunday Morning!
    Check out was a breeze, we got a car aka van because we had so many bags We dropped our stuff off at Coronado Springs and did the "pre-check in dance. There was an issue at check in, since we had two rooms reserved and our kids's names were under the second room with my cousin(Kylelicious on MC) they didn't want to give us their parkhoppers! After much discussion with the manager we were finally given their hoppers. Off to Boma! We had a wonderful breakfast at Boma and the boys were great with trying new things. My little brother LOVED the house juice(very tasty!!) We explored AKL for awhile, meet up with a CM from Nambia and she was very nice and told the boys all kinds of stories while we looked for animals on the savannah. After exploring we decided to jump on the first bus at AKL, fly by the seat of our pants so to speak It happened to be DTD, since we were planning on being back at CS by 5 to meet up with Kyle this seemed like a good idea. After Shawn getting some ribbing from the bus driver, we got a GREAT shot of him sitting in the driver's seat wearing the bus drivers hat We headed off. The boys made "mental" notes of what they were going to buy with their $$ as we walked through DTD and made a mental tally in the Christmas Shoppe We made our way to DisneyQuest and did the Jungle Cruise, the POTC, Space Mountain, Create A Toy and such. We had a blast making our own roller coaster and riding it and my oldest and my little brother got a DVD of their ride .
    Back to the Coronado! Still no room, so we explored, it's a beautiful resort, really pretty. Finally at almost 5 we got the first room, (they wanted to put the kids in the second room on the other side of the floor we said they needed to be adjoining next to us so we had to wait even longer for the second room). WAYYYYYYYYYYY in the back overlooking the garbage area in the parking lot After the intial disappointment we decided not to let it bother us. We met up with Kyle and FINALLY our second room was ready. What a let down, the fridge didn't work, the phone didn't work, the ac didn't work the light fixtures were missing bulbs!! UGH! We had decided to do extra magic hours at MK so when my husband made his way to the front desk to report all the issues with the room we had finished cleaning up and made our way to the front, loooong walk As we were walking a golf cart full of people drove past and we noticed my husband on the back. My youngest decided to chase the golf chart shaking his fist at his dad. FUNNIEST thing EVER
    We meet up at the front desk and while he talked the boys....and Kyle colored

We decided to eat at the Pepper Market before heading to MK, since it was there and not too busy. I know a lot of people rave about it, but I felt it was blah. Just my opinion. I know Kyle and my oldest loved the chinese food
    We get it straightened out and off to MK we went!!
    At the CS bus stop
    We got in and got our bracelets, hit first aid for tummy meds(thanks pepper market ) and were off!
    We started in tomorrowland since my boys had never ridden Stitch. The boys liked it a lot. And the little one got Stitch Mouse Ears!
    We watched some of Wishes from TL. After finishing TL, including a big race on Autopia We headed to Fantasyland, we had never done Philharmagic so that was first. We LOVED it what a great ride!! Started making our way out of fantasyland, then hit HM and made it to POTC before my youngest went crazy to check it out. The two WDW newbies got off the ride saying "is that it? it's over" We hit the AladdinDumbo for the youngest and then everyone was wiped out so we were outta there, I hated not hitting Splash and BTMRR, but the boys were sooo tired! And I knew there would be a big line at the bus anyways, so good night MK

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Re: WDW & Nick Hotel Trip Report and pictures

Yay, more fun! Stupid check in. I totally need some Stitch ears for my 33 year old "son."

Kyle, what a great picture you made! If I were your Mom, I'd hang it on the fridge and put a big, blue ribbon on it! :P

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Monday
    With all the problems in the room yesterday my husband decided to switch rooms, so today we missed our Ohanas' ressies to pack up and move our stuff, I hated to miss Ohanas' but our room was GORGEOUS!!!! We moved to an Executive Suite, in Casitas 1. Here is the view

Bell Services helped moved the bags and we were off to our new digs 2 bedrooms, 2 sitting areas, a dining area, bar and 2.5 bathrooms!

From the entryway, the dining area, with the half bath to the left

The sitting area to the right

The Bar ( DMCA )

Boys's bedroom and bath

The other side of the entryway, sitting room

Masterbedroom, cute little sitting area to the left you can't see

Masterbath tub! There was a shower on the otherside of the room too.

We spent today at MGM, we had a great lunch at Sci-Fi, the BLT soup was way good! The newbies LOVED TOT and RNRC and my youngest got meet the Power Rangers, so he was a happy happy camper!

One poor little boy was next in line when the Power rangers got called away and he just collapsed and started crying, we felt so bad. As we were walking away Shawn told me he should've ripped a page out of his own autograph book to give to the little boy

We finished with MGM and decided to skip Fantasmic. The two older boys wanted to buy these specific rings at DTD so we decided to head over there again and get those out of the way.

We played around at DTD, shopped and hit the Lego Store where my youngest spied something for Dustysage(his hero)

Walked through Pleasure Island so hubby could check out the Harley store and I stopped for a Beach Bucket cocktail

The big kids wanted to check out the Virgin Mobile store and the little one was getting wiped out so we headed out after that, back to the resort and our comfy room
    Last edited by dsnylndmom; 08-24-2006 at 07:55 AM.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Still wants to be a cat!

Sorry you had so many problems with your rooms....glad it worked out for you, the Suite looks beautiful!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Tuesday-
    We were supposed to hit the water park today, but unfortunately I had to do some work and it took longer than I expected and we had some issues with it. So I took my oldest to the hotel main pool and my husband and Kyle took my youngest to the arcade and my little brother jumped on a bus to MK. We had ressies at Liberty Tree Tavern at 4pm so the plan was to meet there. My oldest and I had a great time just the two of us, we hit the pool slide over 10 times

e We headed over to MK and had a great meal at Liberty Tree, until the table next to us Their child got sick IN HIS PLATE. The mom cleaned him up and they continued to eat their meals. They asked for a garbage can next to the table in case he did it again and they continued to stuff their faces, it was SO GROSS! After lunch we shopped a bit, did POTC again

Had a quick visit with Captain Hook and Smee

and then Shawn got caught in Liberty Square

We split up again and did fantasyland and toontown with Shawn

While the big guys took off to do big guys stuff We watched Spectromagic, LOVED it and then hit BTMRR and Splash
    Time to go back to the hotel
    Last edited by dsnylndmom; 08-22-2006 at 09:59 AM.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Wednesday!!
    Bright and Early Animal Kingdom ................along with everyone else
    It was packed from the get go. But we plodded on, at this point Kyler was sick and my little brother and I were starting to get sick also. We split up and my cousin and I went to fastpass Everest while the others headed to the safari. We got our FP's and meet them for a 50 minute safari wait K had bought the boys cameras to take pictures of the animals, which they loved. The safari was great as always and afterward we split up again, everyone was getting hungry early and hubby wanted to sit down so they headed to Rainforest to get a table while we did the walkthrough thing by the safari to see the gorillas and leisurely walk back towards Rainforest. After a GREAT lunch at Rainforest we started to slowly head to Everest. I couldn't believe how packed it was! We checked out stuff along the way and by the time we got to Everest my youngest chickened out. We LOVED the ride, LOVED IT! The older boys got to ride two more times! As we started walking towards the rapids, almost 2 hour wait we decided to go to Dinosaur and hubby went back to the room. We did the kid stops, dug for dinosaur bones

and had an ice cream while waiting for Dinosaur. Which the newbies LOVED! Then we stopped for Dinodumbo

We played at AK for awhile longer but never got to Kali River. Too many people!!

The plan was to go back to the hotel to get hubby and head to Epcot.
    Unfortunately, the little one started feeling sick, my oldest was feeling worse and hubby wasn't feeling good either So we ended up staying at the resort.

One thing to note, I hadn't made plans for dinner that night and when I tried to, there were TWO restaurants in the ENTIRE resort that had availablities, one at OKW and one in Germany at Epcot, that's it, TWO. So if you are going during the free dining plan, get your ressies, for everyday, NOW!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Thursday-
    The boys woke up feeling worse We were going to try and hit the water park(will I EVER get to hit the water parks?? )but there was no way, my oldest was not feeling it. So I let both of them sleep in. I started getting some stuff ready to be packed and seperating clothes while they were sleeping. I know it looks like we didn't do much, but our last trip I scheduled, scheduled, scheduled and this trip we just wanted to be more low key and relaxed and not stress if we missed something. If we hadn't have been hit with getting sick, it would've worked out better, but nothing you can do right! And for the record, if it was just colds we would've been still moving, but it turned out everyone was hit with bronchial and ear infections(we spent sunday at the dr.'s) and myself and my youngest have bad asthma so we have to be more careful. Anyways.....

We got over to Epcot, and made our way to Le Cellier for our 2pm ressie.

While we were waiting for what was supposed to be 20 minutes, we got the boys passports and did the first kidcot stop in Canada. My boys were so excited over doing this.

We ended up having to wait over an hour for our table at Le Cellier This ate up a HUGE portion of our time at Epcot, which sucked since we missed the night before, but what can you do! The meal was absolutely delicious!! After the meal we did our picture and hit test track, mission space, Figment and then started on the world showcase for the boys to finish up their passports, they had so much fun with that!! And I had fun sampling wines from Norway and Italy We were 3 countries shy of finishing their passports when the park closed We watched Illuminations and then headed back to DTD. Again all of the restarurants were booked and we wanted a late dinner, so we got an order to go from Planet Hollywood and had a feast back in our suite
    Last edited by dsnylndmom; 08-22-2006 at 09:57 AM.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Last Day Friday

Friday morning, we got up extra early to hit MK before our Chef Mickeys ressie. We got all packed up and headed out, unfortunately everyone else had the same idea Btw, the time we got to MK there was no way we'd make our Chef Mickeys ressie so we went straight to the Contemporary. I was a little bummed because we were going to the Barber shop to get my boys's hair cuts
    We had fun, as always at Chef Mickeys. But, my husband and I both agreed that it seemed to have less options then we remembered.

We had a great time and headed off, slowly and with sad faces to catch magical express. It came after about 30 minutes, but for some reason we didn't have vouchers with the kids's names on them so we had to get them from the hotel, after that all was well. Since there was problems with Jet Blues server we had to check our bags when we got there, no biggie, loaded down with souveiners two of them were over the weight limit
    Like last time, there was issues with the seats we had since the two boys weren't allowed in the emergency exit row, so they switched us around and put two by two this time. No one ended up sitting in the third seat for anyone of us so we all had the whole row
    Eventful flight, but we were all sick sick.

All in all our trip was wonderful. It was relaxing and fun and we laughed so hard all week!! It was soooo fun to do little things like minigolf and riding the surrey bike, things we hadn't done before like Philharmagic and Everest and foods we love like Sci Fi and Liberty Tree and new foods we discovered like Le Cellier and WCC and Boma. My youngest kept asking if he could come back for his birthday in November Our first family trip my husband did not enjoy himself and it was hard to convince him to come back. This trip HE was talking about next time while we were still there.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Man O Lantern

Oh my gosh!!! You guys had quite a trip, and in such STYLE, sistah!!! I'm so happy that it went well-ish. Sorry there were snafus here and there (and sick boys ), but overall, it all looked so amazing!!

I'm going to have nightmares about the Nick Hotel though. I couldn't wake up to Sponge Bob, but that pool area, how freaking FUN would that be??? The kids would be in heaven. You're an awesome mom!

I think after our APs expire this Dec., we're taking a Disneyland break (said that last year too), so we can plan a WDW trip. I'm soooo going to be needing your help!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

[smilie=3,33,34] Me, green with envy!

I love your kids.
    A signature should go here.

• cold kickin' it.

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    Our first family trip my husband did not enjoy himself and it was hard to convince him to come back. This trip HE was talking about next time while we were still there.
    i'm not saying anything, but i do know that i wasn't on the original trip and i was on the second trip. just an observation...
    I don't party like I used to, I party twice as hard as before....

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: WDW Trip Report and pictures

Great picts but in this one it looks like he has a big poop on his head Poopy Head!!!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: WDW Trip Report and pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    Great picts but in this one it looks like he has a big poop on his head Poopy Head!!!
    DOESNT IT Kyler was saying that and Shawn got all mad right after the picture "I don't have poop head Kyler"

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Incognito

Blog Entries

OK in the first picture the red one looks like he could be hot because he looks really toned. Then, he did the big gurl pizaaz pose. At least Shawn was happy

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    OK in the first picture the red one looks like he could be hot because he looks really toned. Then, he did the big gurl pizaaz pose. At least Shawn was happy
    I tried to get Kyle to go hit on the Pink Ranger but she had bigger muscles that the Red One

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast