Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Shablagoo!

Pictures of Dixie Landings, 1999.

Hello again. If you saw my thread about my first WDW trip I did not post the pictures from the hotel. My mother always takes pictures of the hotels we stay at. So I just wanted to share those pictures. In case you did not know DIxie Landings is now called Port Orleans: Riverside.

The main building

Parterre Place, where our room was.

Couple pics of the room.

One of the Canals that go through the property.

The boat launch. You could catch a boat to downtown Disney from here.

The swimmin' hole

The water wheel is connected to...

the cotton press inside.

The press was right in the middle of the cafeteria.

This was the only time I stayed on-property and I loved it. What a terrific resort. At night, when it was dark, it was so peaceful. It is such a pleasant walk around the waterways.

• Senior Minion

Re: Pictures of Dixie Landings, 1999.

Nice place, seems very cozy. One to add to the list when the time comes to head out to Florida. Thanks for the pictures.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Yes?

The whole resort is now Port Orleans and you can either choose French Quarter or Riverside. I have stayed at both and liked the atmosphere and decor of each. But I do favor the French Quarter side better. A little more intimate,smaller with a really cute pool and a great NewOrleans/Mardi Gras decor. But you have access to Riverside by a short walk.

• Self Congratulative

I think it pretty much looks the same now. What has changed besides the name?

• Yes?

I know French Quarter went through a refurb about 2-3 years ago. They updated the furniture, replaced carpet, new wallpaper that sort of thing. I think they may have updated the bedspreads at Riverside but each section has kind of a different theme so the beds actually look different from section to section. They also used to have trundle beds but no more.

I think the buildings of the Riverside are less colorful now, rooms are pretty much the same decor. I like the Riverside more than the FQ. It seems to be quiter to me, but with the layout, you seem to have to walk more than the FQ to get to food and main pool!

All things being equal they are both better than my house!

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for sharing I love seeing pictures

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Thanks for sharing the photos, I do like the mansion side of riverside. Just avoid Alligator Bayou like the plague. My family affectionately call it "Deliverance" LOL

To each their own obviously but French Quarter has always been my favorite, for all the reasons listed.
    </IMG>

• Defying gravity

Ah, this thread brings back childhood memories. My parents and I stayed at "Dixie Landings" in December 1992 and 1994 (when I was 2 and 4 years old, respectively.) I still remember eating at the food court, bringing crackers back to my room, getting towel animals from the maids, renting bicycles, riding Peter Pan NONSTOP in MK (we visited during ULTRA OFF SEASON.)

• Monorail Racer

Thanks for posting the pics. Had a couple of friends stay there while visiting us when I worked at WDW at the time. Few actually stayed in the hotels though. It's amazing how many people want to visit you when you live in Orlando and can get them into WDW for free.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Thanks for posting these pics. I'm headin' down to WDW in a few weeks and will be staying at Riverside. Very much looking forward to just kickin' back at the resort and enjoying the peaceful atmosphere. Your photos reminded me a bit of how beautiful the grounds are.

I stayed there once in '96...when I was six, the only time I ever got to go with my Grandparents, who are no longer around. I have really fond memories of that place, especially the pool.

• I meant to do that.

Very cool pics! I cant wait till I stay there in June! (I cant believe its a moderate!)

• Shablagoo!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. It makes the hard work to scan and post the pictures worth it.

Here are a few comparison pictures from late May 2006. Not a lot has changed other than the name.

A few additional photos of Port Orleans Riverside (as well as all of WDW) can be found here: http://www.ruama.com/gallery/1544754

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast