Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Yes?

Wonders of Life Pavillion?

If this has been asked before I apologize for asking again! But, what is the deal with the WOL pavillion? It says that it operates seasonally but it is never open. I don't think it has been open any time I've been there since 2000. Anyone have any info on this? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Married and happy again!!

Re: Wonders of Life Pavillion?

I know what you mean I haven't been in it since 1999. We have visited at all the times of the year and have yet to find when it is open. Anyone got a good answer as to what's up? I'd love to hear it. When I booked my trip this summer it was listed as going to be open during our trip but it wasn't.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

Blog Entries

Once it is closed permenantly then they are required to bring it completely up to date with all ADA arrangements, etc... Listing it as seasonally keeps that requirement from taking place so I understand. I also don't think they want to close it officially until they know what will go back there. They're probably waiting for a new sponsor. Once that happens then they'll decide whether it just needs a new refurb to it or if a demolition and brand new pavilion is needed.

• The one, the only...

The WOF pavilion was open for the Christmas season this last year. Un fortunately, I heard that this was its finale. I would not expect to see it open again.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• I met Walt Disney!

What a bummer they closed it. On my first two trips to WDW (91 & 95), it was my favorite place at Epcot! On my trip last fall, I was sad to see it closed, along with negative changes to other exhibits. Epcot is not what it use to be.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by musiken
    What a bummer they closed it. On my first two trips to WDW (91 & 95), it was my favorite place at Epcot! On my trip last fall, I was sad to see it closed, along with negative changes to other exhibits. Epcot is not what it use to be.
    I remember when Body Wars was the only thrill ride at Epcot. It was a big deal then. I'm hoping the new exhibit by Siemens when you come off of Spaceship Earth will begin to bring some of that Epcot magic back.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Banned User

wonders of life was built after the ada so it is ada compliant. I think they are waiting to see if they can get a sponsor they are going to be losing another sponsor when the gm contract runs out so it's going to be more expensive to run test track and the seas overlay is costing lots of disney money.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Cranium Command is still one of the best attractions Disney had to offer. It kills me that it's just sitting there, gathering dust, when the flip of a switch and the staffing of a few CM's would let it live. Very bad form, Disney!!!

Definitely. I have fond memories of it, though I only got to go on it once, long ago.

• Do you have a 27B/6?

I was kind of concerned about this as well; I was at Epcot on Wednesday, and while the building is still on the park map, "Wonders of Life" isn't even listed.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

Wonders of Life is closed permanently. Right now it it's space is only being used for convention space. No decision has been made as to the disposition of the entire building. There have been some cast activities and some convention groups have used the space for some fuctions.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Since it runs seasonally, call it "Wonders of half life" then the video game crowd would show up.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

I think it would at least be cool to have the Future World tour go through it and perhaps ride Body Wars if they so choose. Would be a nice little perk of the tour.

When I went in late August of 2003 it was opened.
    Fortunately I got to ride both Body Wars and Cranium Command. However when I went this past July Wonders of Life was closed. Now that does not make since now does it.

My first visit to EPCOT was in '98, and man alive was I blown away. My wife and I loved the Horizons bldg, and WOL was a blast too. Out of the two I am less upset about seeing WOL go, but all of the pavilions worked together really well to sell the idea of EPCOT to us.

Now it doesn't feel like EPCOT anymore. But then again maybe that's because I was so amazed on my first trip, that riding attractions of '98 are what give me that EPCOT feel.
    If at first you don't succeed... skydiving isn't for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast