• MiceAge Columnist

"Non Expiration" Ticket Option

I didn't notice this a couple of weeks ago when Disney raised the admission prices, but it must have been rolled out then. Apparently the non-expiration option no longer is a flat $35 added to whatever Magic Your Way plan you set up.

Now it's an added charge that varies based on how long you're staying. And it's EXPENSIVE in the extreme. The ten-day ticket price goes from $216 to $371 when you click to add the no-expiration option. That's not $35 any more; more like $155!
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Banned User

Re: "Non Expiration" Ticket Option

It never was a flat price... Park hopping was, the non-expiring option has always cost more the longer the ticket is.

• Yes?

This is why I have an annual pass, so I don't have to worry about things like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

A 10 day hopper using the old ticketing system was a lot more expensive than $216 or $371. And ever since they had the no-expiration add on, I don't think it was ever a flat rate anyways. Considering that each additional day is about 1 dollar more from 4 days and up (if i am remembering correctly) that works out to 21 bucks a day if you use the 10 days before they expire. And only 37 a day if you add the No-expiration option. So tell me how that is too expensive?

I have streched my 10 day non expiration ticket through 3 trips to WDW over the past 2 years. I also have 1 day left which I am going to use in December which will be a pass that is 30 months old. I wouldn't have the ability to do that with an AP since they would expire 1 year have its initial use. Plus I would have paid more for an AP and unfortunatly I don't have the abiltiy to stay longer or as frequently to enjoy the benefit of APs.

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by captsmith84
    It never was a flat price... Park hopping was, the non-expiring option has always cost more the longer the ticket is.
    hahaha WHOOPS! Can we say "morning confusion"? Note to self: no more posting in the morning before coffee...
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Banned User

I prefer Code Red Mountain Dew. Coffee is too hot to carry around in Florida I think.

^^Iced coffee

• Rock Star Minion

Seems as if it's still less expensive than two 5-day ticket packages with expiration (or without non-expiration). That is, if you plan to return before the interest on a similar investment accumulates and overtakes the cost of the investment, but then you have to account for raised ticket prices.

(Yes, I have had my morning caffeine fix!)

And APs are worth some number of days. I thought I pegged out-of-state, high-end AP at about 12 parkhopper, no-expiration visits?
    Still, a lot higher than DLr's AP price, and DLr gets a lot less hotel revenue from them.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

i think we need to go back to the old tickets. all these options are getting too complicated and too expensive