0 0%
  • 1900 Park Place, with a Disney Princess

2 25.00%
  • Ohana, Best Friends Breakfast, with Lilo and Stitch

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Most Fun and Exciting Character Dining at WDW Resort

In this thread, you will begin by taking the poll as to your favorite character dining establishments. It will be up shortly. If you so desire, please feel free to post your experiences or whatever's on your mind.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Most Fun and Exciting Character Dining at WDW Resort

I've only been to the Crystal Palace myself. But Tigger is my fave character so that gives me enough incentive to keep going back. I've had some very funny moments with Eeyore & Piglet there too though.

• Disneyholic

Re: Most Fun and Exciting Character Dining at WDW Resort

My thoughts:
    • Crystal Palace is nice, food is about average, Pooh and friends are wonderful there but itís a larger setting so if youíre looking for more time with the characters you may try another venue. Will update after we revisit in October.
    • 1900 Park fare has better food (dinner) but the massive Glockenspiel can be a bit loud at times, all I can really remember from the experience was the noise more than the characters. We are going there for Breakfast next trip so I will post an update.
    • Hollywood and Vine is a bit better size wise (ie smaller), food comparable to the others, we had a little better time with the characters time wise here.
    • Ohana's - Breakfast was good, but they seem to rotate the characters faster here than other places. The good news is its table service so you don't miss them while on the buffet line.
    • Princess Breakfast in Norway - Awesome, we have been twice and we really liked it both times however the last time two years ago they did not have the pastries from the bakery next door and it was more of a breakfast skillet. (Visiting for Dinner next trip, will provide update)
    • Liberty Tree Tavern - our absolute favorite for dinner at the MK. Great experiences with the characters, the food is very good and served to your table rather than a buffet so you don't miss the characters. Almost always Goofy, Minnie, Chip/Dale and Pluto. Only real down side is bathrooms are *not* handicap friendly they reside on the second floor up a narrow stairs and the upper floor tends to get rather hot and stuffy.

Ok looking over the list itís obvious I prefer the table service to the buffets, generally the food is better albeit sometimes limited in variety. This is offset I believe by the ability to keep the family together and not miss the characters when they come by. I have also found if part of your group is away at the table service restaurants the handlers will reroute the characters back to your table before you leave or you server can send them to you so you don't miss out on the experience. This is not so with the buffets where you either miss out or have to wait till they do a second round.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...