• Coming soon...

What are your favourite types of rides?

Overall which ride/show type do you prefer?

1. Theming and story only- Fantasyland dark rides, Haunted Mansion, Phantom Manor, Monsters inc. Great Movie Ride etc.

2. Spinning Rides - Tea Cups, Dumbo, Orbitron, Astro Orbiter etc.

3. Shows - Legend of the Lion King, Fantasmic etc.

4. Light Thrills + Story/theming - POTC, Kali River Rapids, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Roger Rabbit's car-toon spin etc.

5. Medium Thrills + story/theming - BTM, Journey to the centre of the earth, Space Mountain.

6. Higher Thrills + story/ theming - Splash Mountain, Everest, Dinosaur, Space Mountain: Mission 2 etc.

6. High Thrills, less-no theming - Rock n rollercoaster (?)

7. Intense Thrills - Dueling Dragons, Hulk, Nemesis, Six Flags parks

Any others?
    Last edited by Scorchio; 08-27-2006 at 08:36 AM. Reason: should be a poll......oops

• Disneyholic

Re: What are your favourite types of rides?

Somewhere in the 4-5 range, heavy on the theming and AudioAnamatronics. POTC is the gold standard for theme, I think Splash Mountain is an ideal mix of thrill with that standard, but no matter how thrilling if it dosn't have the story and the show its just not Disney to me, might as well go to the local coaster park.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Minion

Wait a minute....why is Dinosaur and Splash Mountain in the higher thrills? I felt they were nowhere near as intense as Space Mountain: Mission 2. They belong in the medium thrills with Journey to the Center of the Earth, because even that ride is more intense than Dinosaur or Splash Mountain- hence the 46 inch height requirment.

Sorry, just a little nitpick. Oh, and I prefer the medium thrills with theming/story because they are the perfect mix. With the higher thrills, you pass by theming too fast and can't enjoy the story at all. With the medium thrills range, you can both have fun AND enjoy the little details.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

4,5,and 6,6, love the thrills and chills.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

hmmm....I like speed. Anything that goes fast and doesn't go upside down. How's that? BTM is my absolute fav. Followed by Splash Mt. ..even Goofy's barn stormer was a fun ride. So, 5+6 for me..I'm looking SO forward to Dinosaur and Everest and Space mt.. Hubby on the other hand in a 7+..he LOVED Hulk and the Dueling dragons. He's looking forward to Mission space and Rockin Rollercoaster.

Wow-thats a really good question! I've got to admit i love them all...from 'it's a small world' to 'rock 'n rollercoaster!'

When I visit theme parks at home i stick to the rollercoasters. But when it comes to Disney-all the rides are magical and I get a kick from all of them.

no matter how tame!

I like all thrill rides but I love the themed rides too. I just love Disney World! I would most likely be in the 4-7 area. I've been on Kingda Ka in Six Flags in New Jersey. But I find it just as fun to go through the Huanted Mansion.

• Lonestar Louisianian

I am in the 4 to 6 range.
    It's the story that sets many of the rides at Disney apart from the rides at the other theme parks (or it used to be ).
    To me, Splash Mountain epitomizes the perfect balance of story and thrills. Pirates of the Caribbean also works as good example. And although the Haunted Mansion has no "thrill" factor (albeit there is a "chill factor" ), the story is one of the best in the whole park!

I actually like rides from all categories. I definitely enjoy thrill rides, but I think it's the mix of these categories, as well as the theming involved, that sets Disney parks apart from the rest.

Although I do think that Disney-MGM Studios and Animal Kingdom would improve if they added more rides and had less shows.

Dark Rides are my favorite genre, anything heavily themed I'm almost bound to love. But I like me some thrills, too, so the first 6 floats my boat the most.

I like the space mountain type of rides...which I think are on par with the Star Wars type of ride (I am sad to read, even if it is at US, that Back To The Future is going to be closed.)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

A combination of them all. It all depends on my mood. Sometimes I like to go real fast, other times I just want to spin (I'm infamous for going on the teacups then literally stumbling to Tomorrowland or Toontown... whatever direction I start aiming for). Other times I just want to kick back and relax with a fun show or immersing dark ride.

• The one, the only...

4, 5, 6, 6, 7. I don't like the kiddy rides, but of course, they are for the young ones.

I think that a range of experiences make for a great day. The story is not the key but the experience. Does it fulfill a secret wish, like flying into space or being race car driver.

I generally don't like shows. I like seeing them once, but I don't care to repeat them. For example, the Lion King show was a good once for a lifetime show.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• madaboutdisney

1 5 and 6

I still love the themed rides, and of course, you gotta have your thrills! I can't go on any intense thrill rides though. Number 6 would be my limit! lol
    I Gravitate towards anything that Sparkles

Blog Entries

I love the old dark rides. To me the pinnacle of the dark rides took place at Epcot with WoM, Horizons, Space Ship Earth, etc... After that I love anything that doesn't spin me around or flip me upside down. However it's got to have a great theme. If it's just a basic ride with some theme that just feels like its been dropped over it just to say it's themed bothers me, but I love Everest, The Mummy at Universal, etc...