Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• It's all about Theme!

New Changes! (Not Announced and yet announced)

These new rumors came in an e-mail from Bob Iger but it got to an intern at the Saritoga Springs Resort. These are classified as rumors but I'm going to put them on spoiler warning just in case.
    Spoiler
    1. Animal Kingdom Lodge is to become a new Disney Vacation Club hotel.
    2. There will be an new disney cruise ship
    3. There will be a 5th theme park which will be villians themed and will contain mostly thrill rides.

Hope this is interesting for you guys!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Banned User

Re: New Changes! (Not Announced and yet announced)

Those rumors have been circulating for the past 5 years now, especially the one about the villains park. Personally? I do not think they will come to be true.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

AGreed. A villiand themed LAND or RIDE at MK would be more appropriate but of course that will probably never happen either.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

You had me until number 3................that rumor has been around for over 10 years.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Especially since WDW definatley doesn't need a new park, they have enough problems with all four as it is.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Disney Memory Maker

1) Don't doubt it
    2) Don't doubt it
    3) Possible, but not anytime soon (maybe in the 2010s though)
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    Especially since WDW definatley doesn't need a new park, they have enough problems with all four as it is.
    I have to disagree that WDW does not need another theme park. With the HUGE sales of Disney Vacation Club memberships, there will be continual growth in the number of people in the parks. While I would love to see the present parks expanded, by adding a fifth park, people will have an excuse to ADD a day to their Disney Vacation. That means an automatic increase to Disney profits. While I don't think that the present parks should be forsaken, the logic and new income for a new park is justified. IMHO.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

It's BS where these rumors came from. Iger isn't sending email to interns at WDW. However, the AK Lodge one as well as the Cruise Line rumors seem to be true. The 5th park is totally false.

• Shablagoo!

I think before they add a fifth park they should reconsider doing Beastly Kingdom.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    I have to disagree that WDW does not need another theme park. With the HUGE sales of Disney Vacation Club memberships, there will be continual growth in the number of people in the parks. While I would love to see the present parks expanded, by adding a fifth park, people will have an excuse to ADD a day to their Disney Vacation. That means an automatic increase to Disney profits. While I don't think that the present parks should be forsaken, the logic and new income for a new park is justified. IMHO.

and with the staff shortages it'll be too much to handle and the parks will go into even more disrepair.. yes good idea, new park for more days on peoples vacations, and then your left with trashy parks....

~

• Banned User

I disagree with you. Adding another park to WDW would hurt the bottom line (not to mention the already frail quality of the resort as a whole) and would do nothing to bring in more profits. WDW is having a hard time already keeping guests for a long period of days on property, reason why the tickets are so cheap after you buy a 5++ day passports and why the hotels are constantly marked down in price. The Orlando market is over saturated already. WE don't need any more theme parks.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Build a park and they'll stay an extra day was the philosophy behind Disney's Animal Kingdom. Instead people just jammed Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom into one day or just skipped Disney's Animal Kingdom thinking it no more than a zoo. Plus based on the current upkeep I'd be afraid a fifth gate would be something along the lines of Disney's Walt Disney World Resort Adventure® Park.

• ...TWO BITS!

These "rumors" are pretty stale.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I disagree with you. Adding another park to WDW would hurt the bottom line (not to mention the already frail quality of the resort as a whole) and would do nothing to bring in more profits. WDW is having a hard time already keeping guests for a long period of days on property, reason why the tickets are so cheap after you buy a 5++ day passports and why the hotels are constantly marked down in price. The Orlando market is over saturated already. WE don't need any more theme parks.

agree completely!

~

• insufferable know-it-all

Doesn't AK lodge already have some DVC rooms? I could swear I've seen that listed...

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast