Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: am i going to be disappointed?

I agree with Summer. I never read the Floridians' posts as whining, but that they see things that never would have been let get to the point they are at now. They love the MK no less. And I agree with what everyone says here: if you look for problems, you will find them. Peeling paint, burnt out bulbs, etc. Just go and enjoy, and don't look for the negatives. If you don't look, chances are you won't find them.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen View Post
    ...and i really really want to ride SpaceMountain , i hear people saying i'ts really rough these days like worse than the matterhorn..
    It's in no way rougher than the Matterhorn, & I've ridden both many times.

I've told this story before. Years back, before the internet and when USENET was big, I was involved with a Disney chat feed that was filled with negativity about Disneyland. I was really dreading my next trip, cuz I was afraid that everything I'd loved about the park growing up was now hopelessly trashed. I finally got there, walked through the turnstiles and under the bridge . . . and the music was playing, the train announcement was announcing, the smell of popcorn and cotton candy was in the air, the castle was sparkling off in the distance - in short, it was the same Disneyland that I'd always known.

Yes, if you look for the trouble you can find it. And yes, the MK isn't kept up as well as it was in the past, and needs some fix up paint up. But it's still a very cool place, and I can't wait to get back in a month and enjoy it!

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    It's in no way rougher than the Matterhorn, & I've ridden both many times.

I've told this story before. Years back, before the internet and when USENET was big, I was involved with a Disney chat feed that was filled with negativity about Disneyland. I was really dreading my next trip, cuz I was afraid that everything I'd loved about the park growing up was now hopelessly trashed. I finally got there, walked through the turnstiles and under the bridge . . . and the music was playing, the train announcement was announcing, the smell of popcorn and cotton candy was in the air, the castle was sparkling off in the distance - in short, it was the same Disneyland that I'd always known.

Yes, if you look for the trouble you can find it. And yes, the MK isn't kept up as well as it was in the past, and needs some fix up paint up. But it's still a very cool place, and I can't wait to get back in a month and enjoy it!
    thank you that's awesome man , and yeah the matterhorn is really rough , but i think that is in big part to the fact that there is no real "banked turns" and i'm assuming space mountain has them. also no SpaceMountain soundtrack right?

i have heard elsewhere that the splashmountain is better in WDW , how? i love the DL one , and yes i'm really really looking forward to Mission Space and the RockinRollercoaster

My Maleficent tattoo

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Yeah, Space Mountain has much better banking. And there's no sound track, which is really kinda cool if you visit both coasts. Music in DL, no music in WDW. Makes a nice change.

I think overall the 2 Splash's are more or less the same. The WDW version has a bit of a better flow to it, but it's not really that big of a diff.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Smile Re: am i going to be disappointed?

[quote=danyoung;894214]
    Yes, if you look for the trouble you can find it. quote]

This is a fantastic thing you said. It's so true. If you look for the bad in things, you'll surely find it.

Let's all look for the positive!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Part of the audio hasn't worked on Country Bears in a while unless its been fixed recently
    It seemed fine to me when I saw it earlier this month. The volume was a bit low but other than that it was fine. Then again I know the show by heart so.....

• Married and happy again!!

Simplest thing I can say is, you'll only be disappointed if you really want to be. Don't let anyone tell you you'll be disappointed and most likely you won't be. Keep your expectations reasonable and have a good time.
    Last edited by Jessicalover; 09-01-2006 at 11:57 AM.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Self Congratulative

You know, I really miss the music on the Mansion. I think it was the key element missing.

I don't think you'll be dissapointed unless you decide to be a rivet-counter.

I agree...'rivet counting' is a waste of your enjoyment time.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

It's not possible to be dissapointed at any Disney park! unless it's DCA...

• The one, the only...

i have heard elsewhere that the splashmountain is better in WDW , how? i love the DL one , and yes i'm really really looking forward to Mission Space and the RockinRollercoaster
    You asked now Splash is different. Of course the basics are the same, but the order of the experiences are different. There is less dead time then DL where there is nothing to see. The different order of the scenes means you tend to forget about the big drop at the end in MK. The DL does not do that very well.

Mission: Space and Rockin Rollercoaster are two of my favorites. I rode MS three times in a row the first time and had no ill effects. When I do RR I go first time at park opening, and I get fastpasses for it or TOT for later. If it isn't too busy, you can do both TOT and RR three times, a total of six rides! You will have a great time.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    You asked now Splash is different. Of course the basics are the same, but the order of the experiences are different. There is less dead time then DL where there is nothing to see. The different order of the scenes means you tend to forget about the big drop at the end in MK. The DL does not do that very well.

Mission: Space and Rockin Rollercoaster are two of my favorites. I rode MS three times in a row the first time and had no ill effects. When I do RR I go first time at park opening, and I get fastpasses for it or TOT for later. If it isn't too busy, you can do both TOT and RR three times, a total of six rides! You will have a great time.
    dang that sounds rad , i also have heard from lots of people that the TOT is way way better than in DCA , i cant wait , and is the Rocking Rollercoaster completley in the dark??

My Maleficent tattoo

• Vehicle rotating backward

Rockin Roller Coaster has a lot of flashy lights but it's basically a really fast dark ride with inversions, including that (according to others) it's over too soon, just like a dark ride. :P

TOT has an amazing sequence you won't see at DL and Splash has more drops and scenes, I believe. Both are well worth doing.

• Married and happy again!!

The only thing I would add to what others have said is a small warning on Mission Space. If you are clausterphobic or anyone in your party is that person may wish to skip the ride. It can be alittle intense if you are. Elsewise like I said in a prior post just go and have fun.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Defying gravity

i keep reading about how the HauntedMansion is in need of a refurb along with Space mountain , and how numerous other things are in need of fixing and repair and painting around WDW. so am i going to be disappointed this october for my first ever trip to WDW?
    No, you've already been to DL. HM is inferior to DL's version, but SM in MK is just pathetic in MK. There is no soundtrack, it's not dark enough so that you can see the track in front of you, and no climax at the end. It's a good thing that SM is closed, you will save yourself from utter disappointment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast