Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Super Old Guy

Re: am i going to be disappointed?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    ...but SM in MK is just pathetic in MK. There is no soundtrack, it's not dark enough so that you can see the track in front of you, and no climax at the end. It's a good thing that SM is closed, you will save yourself from utter disappointment.
    Wow - I don't even begin to agree with you on this, DP. SM in Florida is different from DL's version. And with the most recent upgrade, I'd agree that DL's is much better. But to say that WDW's SM is disappointing just isn't true, IMO. I even enjoy the fact that it has no sound track - it's a throwback to the time before even DL's had sound, and you were just whooshing through the dark to the sounds of screams and rumbling vehicles. And then climax at the end is the same as what DL's used to be - a braking reentry through a rotating tunnel of light. Again, not quite as good as DL's new effects, but far from disappointing.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Wow - I don't even begin to agree with you on this, DP. SM in Florida is different from DL's version. And with the most recent upgrade, I'd agree that DL's is much better. But to say that WDW's SM is disappointing just isn't true, IMO. I even enjoy the fact that it has no sound track - it's a throwback to the time before even DL's had sound, and you were just whooshing through the dark to the sounds of screams and rumbling vehicles. And then climax at the end is the same as what DL's used to be - a braking reentry through a rotating tunnel of light. Again, not quite as good as DL's new effects, but far from disappointing.
    I agree and Isn't DL's SM side by side seating? I seem to recall that, WDW's has always been single file.

Look, I have been to Disney world many many times and I have never ever been disapointed by it. Yes small things annoy me here and there but as a whole its a wonderful place to be.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

I went a few years ago and I was super stoked to be at the Magic Kingdom but I ended up being rather disappointed.....it's nothing that I can put my finger on but it was just...different? I don't know how to explain it.

I remember thinking that the people weren't as nice...not so much the Castmembers as the other guests. I've grown up in OC so I've been to DL many times and the fellow guests are usually in a good mood and having a great day. The fellow guests when I went to WDW weren't, they were kind of rude! At one point this man totally stepped on my foot and looked at me, gave me a dirty look and walked away, I thought that maybe he didn't speak English. Later in the day my friends and I were sitting at a table eating when this woman totally shoved into my chair with enough force that my chair, with me in it, moved a few inches. She didn't apologize or anything and I knew that she spoke English because I heard her talking to her family!

Things like this happen at DL too but the offending party offers apologies and it's no big deal but I got no apologies at WDW! Rude people just bother me!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    No, you won't be any more or less disappointed than you would have been any other time. I mean, the Haunted Mansion has been less spectacular than Disneyland's since the beginning. It more or less has the same scenes but a lot less atmosphere, which is why they had to cheap out and put giant day-glo spiders on the wall and stuff to represent missing atmosphere.

Space Mountain isn't really disappointing if you grew up with Disneyland, because it has a lot in common with the Matterhorn. Think of riding the Matterhorn at night with your eyes closed. Keep in mind that it IS rough, but so is the Matterhorn, and Space's lighting means things feel rougher than they would seem if the lights were on.

However, Splash Mountain is great. And there's stuff like RnRC which are far more intense than the thrills at DLR.

There are a number of people on this board who are WDW "veterans," or life-long Floridians, who whine about how WDW was vastly superior way back when at some point. While they have some okay advice for hotels and stuff due to their experience, when it comes to their opinions about how the old days were better, just nod your head and pay it no mind.

Do you have anyone in particular in mind?

Because WDW used to be better in many aspects (cleanliness, upkeep, CMs, show quality, entertainment to name a few) and no amount of pixie dust or corporate spin will change this.

And if I had never been to WDW, I'd be spending most of my park time in Epcot and DAK by far ... I'd also spend a lot of time taking advantage of the great water parks, dining, boating, and other rec options.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    It's a good thing that SM is closed,
    wait what?? is SpaceMountain really closed?? when for how long? i was really really looking forward to it...

My Maleficent tattoo

• Self Congratulative

I didn't know it was closed either.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen View Post
    wait what?? is SpaceMountain really closed?? when for how long? i was really really looking forward to it...
    Its not listed on the rehab site, all they have for this month is:

MK
    • Liberty Square Riverboat: Closed for Refurbishment [September 8, 2006]
    • Mickey's Country House: Closed for Refurbishment [September 11, 2006 to September 15, 2006]
    • The Hall Of Presidents: Closed for Refurbishment [September 11, 2006 to September 25, 2006]
    Epcot
    • Body Wars: Operates Seasonally; Temporarily Closed [September 8, 2006 to September 30, 2006]
    • Cranium Command: Operates Seasonally; Temporarily Closed [September 8, 2006 to September 30, 2006]
    • The Making of Me: Operates Seasonally; Temporarily Closed [September 8, 2006 to September 30, 2006]

MGM
    • Lights, Motors, Action!™ Extreme Stunt Show: Closed for Refurbishment [September 14, 2006 to September 19, 2006]

Nothing about SpaceMountain... Maybe it was a temporary closure when they where thee that day, it happens.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

When we were at Epcot last Sunday "Living With the Land" was closed for refurbishment, not sure if it will be closed continuously but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere that it was closed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123