Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
  1. #16

    • I was deleted.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,187

    Re: What the heck is a Dole Whip ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    A Dole Whip? In Disneyland outside Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room......they are the most wonderful tropical delight in the park! I LOVE THEM.

    Barfownz - are you sure about those "Dole Ships"??? HAHAHAH
    Yup, but you find them in Aloha Isle in WDW.

  2. #17

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    76

    Re: What the heck is a Dole Whip ?

    If you are the Minnesota State Fair we have Dole Whips here as well Pineapple, Raspberry, or a Pineapple/Raspberry twist. None with the fruit juice though. I keep myself pure though by only getting Raspberry then getting the pineapple ones when I go to WDW or DL. (Going to WDW in Dec (hopefully if i can arrange it around finals ) and DL in about two weeks ).

  3. #18

    • Self Congratulative
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    667

    Re: What the heck is a Dole Whip ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorchio View Post
    what is beef jerky?

    ...You're kidding.....right?...

    Maybe it's because I'm from the south and Jerky is common here. I didn't know people wern't used to boiled peanuts until like last year. Do you really not know?

    Beef jerky is pretty much just dehydrated and smoked beef.

  4. #19

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,630

    Re: What the heck is a Dole Whip ?

    Hand over the Dole Whip and nobody gets hurt. I think I ate mine in record time a few weeks ago. Yummy pineappley goodness!

  5. #20

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    13,997
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: What the heck is a Dole Whip ?

    technically what you had was a Dole Whip. Dole makes several flavors of Dole Whip. Because this is a very Disneyland oriented board it has come to mean the pineapple variety found outside Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. The Magic Kingdom offers Dole Whips in chocolate, pineapple, vanilla, and swirl (pineapple + vanilla = ).

  6. #21

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,289
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: What the heck is a Dole Whip ?

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    technically what you had was a Dole Whip. Dole makes several flavors of Dole Whip. Because this is a very Disneyland oriented board it has come to mean the pineapple variety found outside Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. The Magic Kingdom offers Dole Whips in chocolate, pineapple, vanilla, and swirl (pineapple + vanilla = ).
    Thanks for the perspective...I didn't know they served the other flavors at other Disney parks.

    Like many DL foods you'll read about here...Dole Whips are good, but not the nectar of the Gods that some make them out to be. Nothing like enjoying a cool Dole whip inside the Tiki Room on a hot summer day though.

    --Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  7. #22

    • Coming soon...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    349

    Re: What the heck is a Dole Whip ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taggart View Post
    ...You're kidding.....right?...

    Maybe it's because I'm from the south and Jerky is common here. I didn't know people wern't used to boiled peanuts until like last year. Do you really not know?

    Beef jerky is pretty much just dehydrated and smoked beef.
    Thanks, I'm british, so I don't know these things

  8. #23

    • Married and happy again!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hershey Pa, aka Chocolatetown USA
    Posts
    4,325

    Re: What the heck is a Dole Whip ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taggart View Post
    ...You're kidding.....right?...

    I didn't know people wern't used to boiled peanuts until like last year.


    What are boiled peanuts? I'm a northren boy and have never heard of them.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!























  9. #24

    • Mountain Dew User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    3,225
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What the heck is a Dole Whip ?

    If I remember right.. doesn't Rainforest Cafe have them too? at DTD?


  10. #25

    • Yes?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,558

    Re: What the heck is a Dole Whip ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover View Post


    What are boiled peanuts? I'm a northren boy and have never heard of them.
    Boiled peanuts are exactly what they sound like. You boil them in the shell for a couple of hours in salt water until they are soft then eat them. Some people like them warm and some people like me like them cold. I am a southern girl who loves her boiled peanuts! My daddy taught me years ago how to make them. Sometimes you can find them with cajun seasoning or garlic but I like them plain. If you ever have the chance to try them you should. They are called Southern Caviar sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

  11. #26

    • Beans are Evil
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34

    Re: What the heck is a Dole Whip ?

    Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    Boiled peanuts are exactly what they sound like. You boil them in the shell for a couple of hours in salt water until they are soft then eat them. Some people like them warm and some people like me like them cold. I am a southern girl who loves her boiled peanuts! My daddy taught me years ago how to make them. Sometimes you can find them with cajun seasoning or garlic but I like them plain. If you ever have the chance to try them you should. They are called Southern Caviar sometimes.

    Do you take them out of the shell before eating them or do you eat the shell too ?

    Jim

  12. #27

    • Former Epcot CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Travelling the world but home is the UK
    Posts
    4,865

    Re: What the heck is a Dole Whip ?

    I know what a Dole Whip is, but I still don't know what a 'heck' is.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

    DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

    (VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS


  13. #28

    • The Twilight Zone
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,007

    Re: What the heck is a Dole Whip ?

    can we stop talking about dole whips becuase im dieing for one


  14. #29

    • Yes?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,558

    Re: What the heck is a Dole Whip ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Schroedingers Cat View Post
    Do you take them out of the shell before eating them or do you eat the shell too ?

    Jim
    Oh sorry, I left that part out ...You take them out of the shell. You boil them until the peanut is soft not the shell. And BTW I am actually not a big fan of the Dole Whip. I remember when it first came out in the late 80's. I had some friends who worked at a pizza parlor and they brought some to me like it was the newest, greatest thing ever. But this is just my personal taste. I am not a big fan of tropical flavors.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

  15. #30

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Retired from MC
    Posts
    2,072

    Re: What the heck is a Dole Whip ?

    Tropical Flavors?!?! Have you ever had a tropical boiled peanut? Really? Nor have I... YET.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Dole Whip OR Dole Whip Float?
    By mickeylover2008 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 03:38 PM
  2. [Question] Hello and where is the DOLE WHIP?
    By Carl West in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 03:01 PM
  3. Dole Whip In Sight!
    By Sheveyman in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 03:03 PM
  4. My First Dole Whip!!!
    By MaryAnn in Wndrlnd in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 12:46 PM
  5. Have you ever tried a Dole Whip?
    By AhLowHee in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 05-20-2006, 10:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •