Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• xmanmom

MNSSHP Costume Rules

So during my upcoming trip to WDW (First time EVER! ), we have tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. My fiance and I, having no children, originally were not going to wear costumes but we got a costume catalog in the mail the other day and now we are reconsidering. I went to WDW's website to see if there were any rules on what types of costumes you could wear but couldn't find anything.

Now I am thinking that these should be a guideline: Nothing TOO scary (i.e., Jason or Freddy Kreuger) and nothing too revealing (i.e. belly shirts, low-cut, mini-skirts), but are there other rules that we should keep in mind? Stuff that isn't as obvious? Like no masks or floor length skirts?

Has anyone been before? Tell me your experiences and the types of costumes you saw adults wear.

• I was deleted.

Re: MNSSHP Costume Rules

Well adults do wear costumes. Technically you can't really have a "good" costume because then kids and other (slow) parents will think you are the real deal.

I saw parents dressed as Hook, Pan, Swedish Chef, Miss Piggy, Jessica Rabbit, Roger Rabbit, Chef from Little Mermaid, Mickey, Minnie, and others.

There was an adult dressed as Indy and CMs told him not to take pictures with other guests. I guess that's all you can do. Just have fun with it. But to answer your question, yes, most adult costumes came from the Disney catalog.

Last year we did it really simple and went as Mouseketeers. Prior to that we were Pirates. I'm kinda bummed I won't be there for this year.

I don't think masks are allowed on adults, but I'm not sure.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    Last year we did it really simple and went as Mouseketeers. Prior to that we were Pirates. I'm kinda bummed I won't be there for this year.

I don't think masks are allowed on adults, but I'm not sure.
    I was a Mouseketeer too because I couldn't find an Alice costume that was Disney friendly.

Somewhere with your ticket information should include costume information. Or else I'm sure you could call Disney and they should be able to answer your questions.

• xmanmom

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Somewhere with your ticket information should include costume information. Or else I'm sure you could call Disney and they should be able to answer your questions.
    There was nothing with our tickets, at least that I can remember, I will check again when I get home tonight.

We aren't planning on wearing Disney related costumes. We talked about Jack Skellington and Sally but my fiance didn't want to wear the makeup if they won't allow masks. So now we are looking at a Spider Fairy costume for me and he is trying to find a Spider King or some such for himself. My costume won't be scary, just a fairy wearing dark colors and a spiderweb print on some of the fabrics. Actually this is the costume I want but without the crazy boots. I think I am actually going to wear these shoes and maybe some stripey stockings instead of fishnets. I am trying to de-sex some aspects of the costume.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Sounds fun to me.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• xmanmom

So, I checked the letter that came with our tickets. It was just so long ago and we weren't thinking of wearing costumes at the time so I guess I didn't really pay attention. Here are the rules:

Children are encouraged to attend the party in costume.

FOR THE SAFETY OF YOUR CHILD AND OTHERS, PLEASE ADHERE TO THE GUIDELINES BELOW.

Halloween costumes should NOT:
    • Obstruct the guest's view or interfere with their ability to board/unload from attractions and/or the Walt Disney World Resort transportation system (including monorails, ferry boats and motorcoaches).
    • Drag on the ground.
    • Contain sharp or pointed objects or material that may accidentally stike another guest.
    • Be offensive to other guests.
    • Contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
    So, here's my concern now, from the way this is worded it sounds like they don't actually want adults to come in costume. Also, could my fairy wings be construed as "material that may accidentally strike another guest"?

• Ok time for cocoa

I would have thought the wings would interfer with the ablity to board/unboard.

Cute shoes. Reminds me of the Wicked Witch of the West.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• xmanmom

The wings aren't that big and are removable, so I thought they would be okay. But now I am starting to reconsider.

I rather like the shoes too, even if they are more witchy than fairy.

You gotta get the shoes! I love them!
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Disneyholic

Based on past expierence wings are common esp. with little kids, long capes that get caught in things seem to be a bigger isue. The big deal is no weapons, just don't do it, and keep the costumes PG-13 and you'll be fine.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• xmanmom

Cool, I actually placed my costume order today (I bought the shoes! ) and my fiance got a Roman soldier costume at a local costume shop here in town...doesn't really match but it made him happy. (He tried to make some connection like, "Well, Rome invaded the UK, so maybe you are a fairy that I captured." He is a silly boy! Heh!) I am glad to know that my wings should be okay. If not I will take them off and put them in a locker or something. We never planned on bringing any props that we would have to carry around so weapons really wouldn't be an issue.

Now I just hope we won't be the only adults without kids wearing costumes!

• Yes?

We saw some costumes last year on adults that were so good other guests were asking to take pictures with them. Saw a Jessica and Roger Rabbit, Sally and the Mayor from NBC, 2 sets of 3 blind mice(one set was dressed as Mickey with sunglasses and canes), a large group of adults dressed as a bowling ball and the pins, lots of pirates. So I think as long as you are not offensive and you can get on and off rides easy you'll be fine. I wouldn't wear the wings for that reason. Just think about safety. I had to make sure my daughter's Snow White costume wasn't too long last year just so she would step on it getting on and off the rides but her cape was never an issue. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• xmanmom

The wings shouldn't be an issue if you look at the pictures, they don't extend past your shoulders and there is nothing on the lower back. I wouldn't wear large wings anyway because they would bug me after a while. But, like I said, if they become a problem I will take them off and put them in a locker. I made sure to buy a costume with removable wings.

Thanks for the info though, it makes me feel more comfortable knowing there were adults dressed up without children.

When I return to the MNSSHP, I wonder if they'll let me wear a "non Disney" character costume? My dream costume is having a Two-Face (from Batman) costume done. I'd also wear the make up and the half wig. Would it be considered non appropriate for you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast