Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Is Mickeys 'not so scary' Halloween worth it?

i'll be there during the dates , and it sounds kinda fun , is it more for kids to dress up and trick or treat in the MagicKingdom or is it for adults also , if anything else i think it would be worth it to pay $40 more and stay in the park untill midnight.

My Maleficent tattoo

Re: Is Mickeys 'not so scary' Halloween worth it?

My family and I have gone quite a few times and love it. It is so much fun seeing main street and the castle a dressed up for halloween. The parade is alot of fun especially seeing the headless horseman riding down the street to start off the parade, the fireworks are fantastic and just the joy of trick or treating and being dressed up is like being a kid again. Try to see Auntie Bellum on the riverboat for a spooky tale or if she's not there go to HM and see Miss Carlotta. To my family and I it is worth the extra money. We took 2 sets of friends there last year. Their teenage daughters still rave about what a great time they had MNSSHP.

• Circle of Ancients

From everything I've heard it's worth it. I will tell you for certain on Oct 24th.

• Disneyholic

IMHO it is absolutely worth it and it is for kids of all ages.

One Tip: If you are already in the park, you can trade your passes for a wristband at town hall and be allowed to stay in the park while they are closing it to set up. This is a great time to ride one of the mountains or go to an attraction that you normally would not be able to visit quickly. Other benifits they do not advertise but we saw last time:
    • Ghost stories told by costumed castmemebers (look in town square right before the parade for the tale of Icabob Crane followed by the headless horseman galloping down the parade route!)
    • "Rare" autograph and photo oportunities, two years ago we where able to get snow white and all seven dwarfs autographs...
    • Cinderella's Pumkin Coach behind the castle with Cinderella, The Fairy Godmother, and the Mice!
    • free candy - both at treat stations and parade floats.
    • Free family photographs - sent to your home.
    • "Spooky" ambiance with special lighting and sound effects on main street, castle and other areas of the park.
    • Music, DJ and Dancing in designated areas.
    • 2 parades, and an extended fireworks.
    • Most rides are open with little or no lines
    • Disney Villians are out!
    • Limited edition Not so scarey haloween pins.
    It's a lot of fun, not to be missed if your there!

Question: Anyone know if there will be any VMK tie in's like quests or special codes given out those nights?
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Self Congratulative

I'll be there on the 24th as well.

• xmanmom

I sure HOPE it's worth it because I already have my tickets. October 2nd! Wheee!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen View Post
    i'll be there during the dates , and it sounds kinda fun , is it more for kids to dress up and trick or treat in the MagicKingdom or is it for adults also , if anything else i think it would be worth it to pay $40 more and stay in the park until midnight.
    Yes, it's worth it.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen View Post
    i'll be there during the dates , and it sounds kinda fun , is it more for kids to dress up and trick or treat in the MagicKingdom or is it for adults also , if anything else i think it would be worth it to pay $40 more and stay in the park untill midnight.

As someone who has been there twice - I recommend that you:

GO!
    It totally rocks! I loved it, and I got dressed up, trick-or-treated, watched the headless horseman, fireworks, and more! I LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!

• Yes?

This will be our second year going and I completely agree with everyhting Jerren posted. I didn't even know about being able to go in and stay while they set up. We are going to try to do that. Last year we got to go on Halloween night but this year we are going Oct 6 now that my daughter is in school. I spoke with a CM last year who told me they only sell 10,000 tickets per night during the event and the normal daily capacity for MK is 80,000! So think about the fact that you have prctically no lines and aren't crushed by a mob of people. I think we road Buzz Lightyear 3 times in a row with no wait and Peter Pan twice. And Peter Pan usually has a 90 minute wait. Worth every penny!
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Disneyholic

One thing if you plan to eat in park that night get your priority seating in fast, the only slot we could get for Oct 6th during the setup time was at Tony's all the other table service places where booked. Lets all hope for good weather since its my daughter's seventh birthday and the entire trip is still a big surprise... We ar't een packing her cosume, sprung for the full makeover at the Bibity Bobity Boutique that day so she wouldn't catch us packing any of her dress up stuff..

See you there!

• xmanmom

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    One thing if you plan to eat in park that night get your priority seating in fast, the only slot we could get for Oct 6th during the setup time was at Tony's all the other table service places where booked. Lets all hope for good weather since its my daughter's seventh birthday and the entire trip is still a big surprise... We ar't een packing her cosume, sprung for the full makeover at the Bibity Bobity Boutique that day so she wouldn't catch us packing any of her dress up stuff..

See you there!
    Awww, that is so sweet! What an awesome surprise birthday! Have a fab time!

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

due to the overwhelming positive comments , i have decided to DO IT!! YES!! , thanks all!!

My Maleficent tattoo

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post

See you there!
    Just a warning, not trying to be mean or anything, but Tony's IMHO has the worst food in the entire park. If you can, I'd switch. Some people will cancel their reservations, and you might be able to get in a better location for a birthday than Tony's. Good luck on the birthday anyhow!

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by captsmith84 View Post
    Just a warning, not trying to be mean or anything, but Tony's IMHO has the worst food in the entire park. If you can, I'd switch. Some people will cancel their reservations, and you might be able to get in a better location for a birthday than Tony's. Good luck on the birthday anyhow!

No meaness taken! Thats always been the plan, just the only place we could get the PS for was Tony's. They used to have a good breakfast menu though, I can remmeber eating on the patio watching the park opening while eating breakfast there about 8-9 years ago... but then a lot of things where different back then

• I am in Orlando

I have been twice if you want to get a PS do it before the party starts like at Chef Mickeys or Ohana's. Once I was able to get a walk up PS at the Cyrstal Palace an hour before the Party begain. When we got done eating, we got our bags and went and got CANDY!!!!!! Both times I went to MNSSHP we didnt make up our mind till lat min, like 2 or 3 hours before we went.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast