Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Kim Possible Adventure in Epcot? (Imagineers Testing)

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I have to tell you the extraordinary thing that happened to my family today.

As we were walking into Epcot for a fun filled day, we were stopped by a CM who asked us if we were interested in reading about a possible new thing coming to Epcot. So being the fan I am of course I said SURE! The premise of the game is you would be helping Kim and Ron defeat Drakken by tracking him across the world...showcase that is.

I said that sounds like a lot of fun and it would be something my entire family would enjoy, being the gamers we are, we LOVE doing quests!

So to my surprise the next words out of his mouth were, "Would you like to play it?"

"Of course!" Was my natural response, the CM then walked us over to a table and asked Christina what she would like her Secret Agent name to be. She picked Agent Minnie, and he told us to meet a CM in Canada at 2:45pm at the top of the stairs under the umbrella.

So to spare you a trip to the Imagination Institute and lunch at Le Cellier, I will fast forward to the walk up the stairs.

As we got up there we saw an umbrella and no CM but there was a family walking into an unmarked door. Being the gregarious person I am I walked over and opened the door. Inside was a long room filled with Kim Possible pictures and TV's and two CM's standing behind a desk. After waiting behind another family we checked in. They handed us a Motorola phone and explained how to use it, I won't bore you with the details and they had us watch a "Mission Brief" on the television.

After that our phone told us to walk outside and get away from the Canadian pavilion so the evil henchmen couldn't over hear our plans and we were told our first mission was to take place in France! It said to go to the place in Souvenirs Du Paris (sp) that was in the picture and to await the next clue. As we got inside we found the area in the photo and the guy who informs Kim Possible on the show of the clues to follow was our narrator throughout the whole thing. (Sorry, I don't watch the show enough to know his name) He stated we are tracking the evil villains son and he checked out a book to help him with his evil plan. So he told us to go the Library, which is another store, don't ask me the French name. So we went to the window outside that was in the picture in the phone and we received another message.

We were told the phone had a built in fingerprint detector and to hold it up to the books to scan it and this is where it got so cool! There was an actual bar that popped up across the books and then the phone registered the fingerprint and told us to head over to the perfume store and pick up the scent of cologne that the son likes to wear. So we head over and sitting outside was this perfume, as we walked up to it the phone told us to make sure we were in range so it could pick up the scent when we squeezed it. So as we squeezed it the phone registered and played along and we were told that we almost have him! Kim Possible would pop up periodically through out the quests to say that her and Ron were not far off trying to catch the villains and we were a great help!

On the last clue we were told to go go to the window above the Kitchen Shop in France and point the phone at the window as the villains were there and the only way to stop them was to hit them with the laser in the phone. So we pointed the phone at the window and clicked ok and the window started flashing!

After that we were congratulated on catching the villains by that boy again and were asked if we would like to continue our quest through Epcot to help Kim Possible. Again, being the gamers we were we said yes. Our next mission was in United Kingdom to track another evil henchman.

Our next clue was to go to the shop that had a toy soldier in the window and we would be updated there. So we get over there and the toy solider starts talking to us! Telling us that he is our chief and he is broadcasting from an undisclosed location. Then he proceeded to call Christina by name, tell Phil to hand the phone to the beautiful mom *coughs* and he gave us our 3 challenges. What was funny is that he was really interacting with us and showed us on the TV that was in the window what we need to do and after telling us he asked us if we knew what they were. I remembered but Phil couldn't so he told Christina to make sure she stayed with her mom because I was the smart one. (Loved the ego feed. LOL) So after sending us on our way the phone beeped with the information in there once again and we were told to go to the tea shop and go to the counter and say, "Danger is my cup of tea." I had to do it, Phil felt to silly and Christina didn't want to do it either but when we got there the girl sorta laughed at me but handed me the tea and we walked outside and go another message. It asked us to text in the name of the tea and it would do a scan of it and see what the villain likes to drink.

After that we were told to find the butterfly box in the garden left by the King and we would find out next clue there. So we headed over there and as we got the phone close to the box, the boy came on again with a message and we were told to look closely at the butterflies who started to move in the box. One of the "blue" butterflies had a picture of a rose on one wing and crown on the other. So me I pipe up, "ROSE N CROWNS THE NEXT CLUE!" Like I asked for it the phone pops on and tells us to go to a location shown in the mirror. It was, hard to believe, right next to the Rose N Crown Pub. As we got there the phone picked up again right away and told us to find the crest of villain for the next clue in the Sports Shop. So we headed over there and as we got to the crest, the phone beeped and the crest turned around! It gave the code we were to enter to find the villain and the symbols we needed to crack the location!

So it told us to go to 3 Upper Regency Street and then Kim popped up stating they ran ahead to apprehend the evil villains. After we walked over and pointed the phone at the window, there was a crackling noise, the window flashed a bunch of times and then a congratulations from the boy that we helped catch the villain!

Now, we were asked if we wanted to complete one last quest and we said, Sure! It told us to go to the Imagination Institute and go UP STAIRS...

That's right people, I got to go upstairs into the old Kodak area. THIS was the COOLEST part for me. So we headed over and as we got inside there was another CM standing at the bottom of the stairs who dropped the rope and allowed us access. I love feeling like I am getting away with something. So we walk up the stairs and I look around, the room is completely empty except for a desk, two couches, a table and a rug. There were pictures of Kim Possible and the evil Drakken on the wall on various rides through out Disney World and a counter that said Drakken 90 Kim Possible 0. We were told to wait and I asked if I could look around and was told SURE! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA So I walked over and looked out over Epcot, looking the room up and down as I know I would probably never be up there again and everything was still there on the walls, but more on that later.

After a couple more test groups came up and checked in with the girl at the desk, another CM took us to the secret entrance to Drakkens lair. We still had to disassemble the power core that Drakken uses to control people. So we headed into this room and on the screen there is a scene between drakken and Kim Possible and we are told to enter in a security code to scramble the death rays surrounding the power core and that was when we returned the phones. (They worked it into the story really well) and then we ran into the power core room and the CM told us we have to defeat it by either pushing the red button or shooting it with the air cannons we were given. So my daughter Christina was pressing the button while I was shooting the cannons and Phil, my BF was playing at another console doing the same things and then there was this explosive sound and we defeated Drakken! After that we were lead out of the room, I look over and I see.....THE RAINBOW TUNNEL!!!!! And then she leads us into the room with Figments UFO ship still in the air, although missing some pieces, nothing irreplaceable and the blank canvas' still on the wall. Here we sat down and took a survey on how we liked the game, would we do the adventure again given the opportunity and she gave us a special Kim Possible pin that I don't know if its unique or not but it was nice and we left, using the old elevator.

So that's it, I know I left out a LOT of details, that's really all I could remember in my head. The quests were more detailed than what I wrote but it was SO much fun, we really had a great family time and I was in my favorite place on the planet AND I got to go somewhere that isn't open to the public and relive some of my childhood memories. I knew the only place that could really appreciate this would be here.

Now if I am breaking some Disney rules, although I don't remember signing anything that stated I couldn't talk about it BUT if I am not allowed to post this, please feel free to move it but I thought everyone would enjoy it as much as I did doing it.

And just to make it worse......I didn't have a camera today.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Kim Possible Adventure in Epcot? (Imagineers Testing)

I actually read about this in another forum today and sounds like a lot of fun! When we were in WDW, we were going to ask the CM to go up there anyway, since we kinds figured out it was the testing, but the CM said no. Oh well. At least one of us got to check it out!

Good job!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

That sounds like a lot of fun!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• I was deleted.

SWEET!!!

I will have to go back and read this. But I'm super excited! The Figment clan, yoyo and myself saw this and figured they'd want a family to do it. We were hoping we could but they already had guests for the day.

• Married and happy again!!

I am so jelous. While the game sounds like fun you got to go somewhere I would love to return to and dearly miss seeing.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover View Post
    I am so jelous. While the game sounds like fun you got to go somewhere I would love to return to and dearly miss seeing.

I appreciated it soooo much, I just kept pinching myself while I was there, trying to mentally memorize everything I saw. I saw so many things from before, but the rainbow tunnel was my favorite, there was only one light on but its still there. Had some desks outside the tunnel like its an office or something but everything else seems to be there, they did have a lot closed off due to the Kim Possible thing.

• Banned User

photos?? come on.. you went into the forbiddon zone for me.. you had to take photos....

I wana do it!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    photos?? come on.. you went into the forbiddon zone for me.. you had to take photos....

I wana do it!!!

Nope, was a total family day for us. So no signature books, no camera, just us.

Turned out to be the second best day I've ever had at WDW.

• Pilot EdForceOne

sounds great! great to hear there is still alot of immagination going on for fun in WDW. How long was the whole 'quest'? Sounded pretty involved!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

what was the rainbow tunnel? I am confused as to where you went.. any photos of what it was when it was open?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    sounds great! great to hear there is still alot of immagination going on for fun in WDW. How long was the whole 'quest'? Sounded pretty involved!
    It took us from 2:45pm to 4:55pm to finish. So a little over 2 hours, we were having so much fun though that we didn't notice. I think if I didn't know what I did about WS it would have taken longer, everything could have been answered using the map though.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Nope, was a total family day for us. So no signature books, no camera, just us.

Turned out to be the second best day I've ever had at WDW.
    And the first best was when you met yoyoflamingo, right?

And, Analyst, the rainbow tunnel was a tunnel that essentially had different colored light surrounding you and moving down the tunnel. It was very pretty, and most peoples favorite recollection of the old Imageworks upstairs.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    And the first best was when you met yoyoflamingo, right?

LOL You got it you silly nut.

• Banned User

I think it's more fun to meet mysterious vanishing members of Mice Chat who don't post anymore.

Interesting, thanks for sharing Summer! Glad you had a good time, too bad no photos though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast