Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing WDW

• golly gawrrsh

Missing WDW

We miss it - my wife and I were talking last week saying how we wanted to go back but my wife is a photographer and over the winter she is busy with her clients and i have had all my vacation so we're stuck here in Toronto.

does anyone tell you to expand your vacations and not to go to WDW all the time? I made a comment at work last week and a couple of co-workers ask if we were going to visit any other state or province other then Florida and WDW.

hummm what a concept.

• Minion

Re: Missing WDW

My wife and I usually go to WDW at least once a year. A lot of our non-Disney friends think we're nuts. However, we also love traveling in general, so before we have kids, we wanted to go to Europe. My last WDW trip was in Jan. of '04. We went to Europe for 2 weeks that Spring. We also went to Disneyland Paris for a day (how could we not), but I don't count that as a Disney trip, because it was part of another vacation. Earlier this year, we were planning a Halloween trip down to WDW, but things changed in a hurry! My wife became pregnant (due Dec. 31st) with our first child, so we decided to go on a Hawaii trip since she couldn't do a lot of attractions!

Sooooo, it has been waaaay too long since we've been to WDW and we are jonesing for it bad!

I feel your pain!

• Banned User

I couldn't stand it where I was, so I moved to WDW. You should too.

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by captsmith84 View Post
    I couldn't stand it where I was, so I moved to WDW. You should too.

This is what I'm doing in 3 years. I promissed my daughter she could graduate from her high school then we are off to FL to live near WDW. I hate living this far away from it.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by cooknthyme View Post
    does anyone tell you to expand your vacations and not to go to WDW all the time?
    I get this all the time, and it used to bother me. Now I just give 'em a smile and say "you just don't understand", and usually leave it at that. As long as I'm still happy spending my hard earned money and vacation time doing what I want, it's no one else's business.

• Banned User

Personally, there is so much more to Orlando and Central FL besides WDW that it really is a pitty to miss some of the other attractions (besides theme parks) in the area by just staying on WDW property. It's like going all the way to Japan just for TDR, instead of discovering the abundant natural beauty and culture of that facinating nation. But as your average person with no interest in much else would say.. "it's none of their business how I spend my money" jada jada... then continue to remain ignorant about the possibilitites.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I get this all the time, and it used to bother me. Now I just give 'em a smile and say "you just don't understand", and usually leave it at that. As long as I'm still happy spending my hard earned money and vacation time doing what I want, it's no one else's business.
    This is true wisdom, your money, and your time. I wish more people could understand this. I am old enough to make decisions about where I go on vacation. where I stay, and for what lenght of time. What I do with my money, and my time on vacation is my business. If I am looking for alternatives to where I will stay, and what I will do, I will ask for them.
    Though young boys may throw stones at frogs in jest, the frogs do not die in jest, but in earnest.

Red Face Re: Missing WDW

Even we live in Costa Rica we love to go to WDW, all our friends thinks that we are crazy, this year is the third time there, Jan, Jun at DL and in two weeks back to WDW, I really love to go, there are so much things to do and now my child has 5 years old, later when he gets older maybe we will change our destination, by now lets keep doing it!!

Whether visiting WDW or DLR, after coming back I always go through what I like to call "Disney withdraw." The memories of those sights, sounds, and smells beckon me. My co-workers think I'm nuts for going back several times a year, but I can't help it. I have to get my fix.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    P But as your average person with no interest in much else would say.. "it's none of their business how I spend my money" jada jada... then continue to remain ignorant about the possibilitites.
    A small hint. When having a rant about ignorant people, lets not be ignorant in how you go about it.

Maybe some people have wish to do any of the other things in Central Florida. Maybe some people want to spend the money that they earnt on doing things they want to do.

Crazy theory, I know.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Banned User

I also miss WDW even though i was there in 2003, but id like to see all the updates. Disneyland is my main place though and i'm still depressed that i'm not there now. I'll be there friday though.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

we LOVE traveling (good thing, being military)....and we were happy going all kinds of places....until we hit Disney World last July....then, we were hooked. We've gone back twice....and we just got back 2 weeks ago...and I already want to go back. Silly hubby insists we pay off this credit card bill first though. Phooey.Yeah, we'll go on more vacations...see more places..but, right now, we're only 8 hours away from Orlando..only God knows where we'll be in the next year or so....we might be in Germany...so, we try to enjoy our surroundings while we can. Suck up as much Disney as possible. Haha.

• New Old Member

New to this bunch so a quick hoody doo.

I have been going to WDW since not only when it first opened which also happened to be when I got married with children. Every year I drove from NJ to Florida, a long two days but in my eyes worth it! I finally went for it and moved to Southwest Florida. Now since I moved I of course go twice a year (3 hour drive) and usually stay at an onsite resort of some sort.

I am leaving the 29th of this month once again to WDW to attend the Halloween Party and the following day to attend the Food & Wine Festival. A blast it will be!

As of yet I haven't felt the need to visit any of the Orlando other area attractions. Still happy with the MK, Epcot, AK and so on. Not tried of them yet! Matter of fact, I still feel as if I haven't seen it all!. One day.
    Last edited by herb2linda; 09-22-2006 at 12:12 PM. Reason: spelling

• most magical vaca ever

I am sooooooooo missing WDW-

We try to go every year if not, every other year. Our last trip was April 2005 and we had to cancel our 06' trip due to some family issues.

We are going to WDW in spring 2007 and it just cannot get here soon enough!

As for vacationing elsewhere.... We have but wherever we go we always say "Wish we were in WDW"
    ~~~~~~

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by herb2linda View Post
    New to this bunch so a quick hoody doo.
    And a fine hoody doo to you too - welcome!

...and the following day to attend the Food & Wind Festival.
    Hey, I don't mind the wind, but you better not take my wine away!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast