Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Stitch reports....

well, officially, I'm still on vacation. I'm writing this from the lobby of our hotel in Destin, Fl. We decided to stop and spend a couple of nights here to take the little one to the beach. Everything was great in Orlando. All of ya'll's help really paid off. The week wasn't very busy at the parks at all. At MGM, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom, we walked right on to the rides. Magic Kingdom was a little busier on Sunday and Monday, but on Thursday it wasn't bad at all. Tomorrow, we head home to Mississippi, and say goodbye to our vacation....I will settle down and write a more detailed report if anyone cares to hear it...I will try to post pictures, but, I am extremely computer illiterate, so, that may not happen. Thank you all again for your suggestions, tips and help. You helped mroe than you know!!

• Empress of Randomness

Re: Stitch reports....

Glad you're having fun!

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Awesome! Its good to hear your having a good time. I look foward to your trip report.

• Minion

So which closing show did you end up seeing? Where were you seated?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

yes, we're home...grumble, grumble...sniffle, sniffle. I haven't downloaded my pics from the camera yet, and hubby has to teach me how to use that photo bucket thing....but, I'll give you a run down of the trip with out the pics, then, add them later....here it goes..

Day one..we left at 5 am!! ~yawn~ took us until around 5 to get to the condo. Great place, called Silver Lake, Silver Points. REALLY nice room, thank God!! Ate at Perkins (don't have those around here) and off to the pool and bed.

Day two...woke up early and headed to the Contemparary (sp?) resort for breakfast at Chef Mickey's. Today is me and Hubby's 7th anniversary!! We were totally shocked that they knew this. They surprized us with cute placemats and cupcakes...yummy...chocolate with Mickey Head sprinkles!! I had mentioned this just in passing to the operator during making reservations. She asked if it was a birthday, I said "no, just our anniversary"..boy, they don't miss anything!!! It was great, thanks for the warning, guys. We loved it. Met Mickey, Goofy, Minnie, Chip and Pluto. Even got the sovenir pics. LOVED it!!! Then, off to SeaWorld. Had a nice time. Once you've seen Sea World once, you don't really have to go again. But, we brought a friend who had never been to Orlando, and she wanted to go, since hubby's in the military and we get in free...we said, why not? It was fun, LOVED the manatees, and the Clyde and SeaMore show. LOVE that otter.

Day three...Disney time!!! Woohoo!! Started day off early, wanted to zoom by Shades of Green to buy discount tickets, but, abandoned that idea after it took too long to find it. Took the monorail (Mom's fav) to the Magic Kingdom, no opening show that morning I was literally skipping down Main Street I was SO happy to be there. We posed for pics in front of the castle (that'll be Mom's Christmas card this year) and then headed to Peter Pan..we rode that twice..only had to stand in line about 10 mins the first time, did the second with fast passes. Rode the carousel (daughter rode Cinderella's horse, I was determined to find that sucker!), saw Mickey's Philharmagic (never get sick of that), Rode Dumbo, Teacups, Haunted Mansion, The Jungle Cruise (finally, after being there umpteen times, I found it.) Splash Mt was closed as was Tiki Room , rode the magic carpets, Buzz and PIrates. Watched Cinderellabration. Watched Spectro Magic with really crappy seats, gave up and used that time to rest. Then, watched fireworks and went back to the condo for pizza. And off to dreamland.

Day four...back to Magic Kingdom, but, after sleeping late, arrived at 10, gave kiddo to grandparents and went to ride the big kid rides. First, Big thuder Mt. My fav!!! LOVED IT!! Then, off to Splash Mt....my hat flew off if anybody sees a white visor, laying around Splah Mt.....take a pic...it's mine. Actually, my friend's, we switched for the day to match better. Then, my first ride on Space Mt. Yep, too chicken to ride it before...hubby talked me into it. Rode in the very middle seat, LOVED it!! Then, rode again, we walked right on...can you believe it? This time I was stupid and rode in the very front seat. STUPID!!! HATED it!! My eyes were shut the whole time. Blah. Anyway, rode a few more rides, then, we all went back to the condo for a swim....my daughter takes off towards the pool...with me and my friend close behind..and what do I see? My daughter is bending down to pick up a....SNAKE!!! EEK!! A little, baby, brown snake is swimming in our pool!!! NOT good!! So, we gave up on our pool and went to the main pool. Made it back to the Mgic Kingdom in time to snag REALLY good seats for Spectro Magic (on the curb, in front of the Kodak building), grab sovenir pics from the Kodak place, and watch the fireworks from Main Street. Good day.

okay, I just spent 30 mins typing day 5 and 6 and something flipped out on the website. Somehow, I got logged out, and it wouldn't let me post what I typed.....so, now, I have to take a break before I smash this computer throught the nearest window....will try posting more later.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    okay, I just spent 30 mins typing day 5 and 6 and something flipped out on the website. Somehow, I got logged out, and it wouldn't let me post what I typed.....so, now, I have to take a break before I smash this computer throught the nearest window....will try posting more later.
    I know that feeling. You lose all enthusiasm don't you. Well, it will return.

I hope it does, I was enjoying your report quite a bit.
    Shiny and New

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California

July 2012 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Great trip report! Keep it coming!

okay. let's see....

Day five...parents leave headed to Ft Lauderdale to visit Mom's sister. We all had lunch at Olive Garden, ~yummy~, then hit a sovenior store where daughter just HAD to have a giant kitty cat. The thing was huge. Then, we headed to Epcot. I was actually surprized...I didn't think I would like Epcot, but, I did. First thing, we headed to Soarin'..which, of course, was closed...then, went to ride Figment's ride. Daughter LOVED it. Started screaming for a Figment toy..had to remind her that less than two hours ago, she got a kitty. Said she doesn't want kitty anymore...wants Figment. Told hubby this would happen. ~sigh~ We LOVED Turtle Talk...THAT was hilarious!! Loved the last part "Dude's keep saying dude all day, your parent's will totally dig it!". Haha. Luckily, kiddo didn't catch that. Off we go to the World Showcase...we went counter clockwise... LOVED Italy..it was my Fav., although, Japan reminded me of Korea. Took tons of black and white pics to hang in my Disney bathroom. After stopping for nachos in Mexico...hubby turns to me and asks "where;s the umbrella?"..after thinking long and hard, I come up with.."I have no idea. I think it's in Italy...I remember leaning it against something". Haha. Hubby heads to Italy in search of umbrella, search yeilds no results. Off to ride test track. Did the parent swap thing...although, we walked right on. FUN!! After this, hubby heads off to Mission Space...says he'll call us to meet us after he gets off the ride, reaches into pocket...and nothing. Cell phone has dissappeared. Yep, second thing. Off he goes to ride, and me and friend take the little one on Figment..again. Spend the next 30 mins searching for hubby, and after finally meeting up with him, head to Norway for dessert, Seriously yummy chocolate cake. Then, found choice spots next to Italy to watch closing show. It was wonderful!! Thank you guys for talking me into staying for it. It was beautiful...I think it was hubby's favorite. All that tech stuff. Then, we took our time walking out of the park, finally, noticing the Eiffel Tower in France....stopped by Guest Services, where some wonderful person turned in hubby's cell phone (thank God) and discovered that someone else is now a proud owner of a large, black Golf umbrella. Stopped in another gift store on way out where child refused to put down Figment toy. After prying it from her hands, hubby appears with Disney bag....what's inside? Yep.. Figment. And off to bed.
    Last edited by Stitchy; 09-12-2006 at 01:23 PM.

We'll do one day at a time now, in case it flubs up again.

Day six....We head to Animal Kingdom...where the first thing is the bug show...I thought daughter would love it, she hated it, and spent the majority of the show hiding in Daddy's arm. Oh well. We hit the safari's next, great time, although, our guide didn't really seem into it. Next was Kali River Rapids, where me and my friend got completely soaked. I'm not saying wet...I'm sayin, soakin, need a towel and a blow dryer soaked. And of course, daughter loved it, and we had to go AGAIN. Thought we were getting lucky and were facing the wrong way to get wet again, then, the stupid raft turned and we got it again. There wasn't a dry spot on us. By the end of our day at AK, we were STILL wet. Then, we parent swapped for Dinosaur, that was cute. And me and the friend rode Primevel Whirl...hated it, I get sick thinking about it. And me and the little one rode Tricerotop Spin. We did the Maharajah Jungle Trek, and the bat house was closed I was really looking forward to seeing them. I love bats. Last was The Lion King show. THAT was amazing!!! One of the ladies' voices was breathtaking....I can't remember her name, she was the larger of the two (hope that isn't offensive, I'm SO bad with names)..she literally was AMAZING!!! Her voice was...well...there's no words. Then, we headed to MGM....
    Last edited by Stitchy; 09-12-2006 at 12:55 PM.

Later that day...
    First, I have to say, that I was disappointed in MGM...not what I expected, I was really excited to go there...but, it wasn't anything like what I imagined. LOVED the look though. I'm a HUGE fan of Art Deco, so, it was right up my alley. First thing, we hit the characters...daughter has been talking about meeting JOJO forever. I did like how most of the characters are right there. You can just hop from one to another. Then, off to SciFi Diner....thanks again for the tip. It was SO cute. Me and the friend didn't find anything on the menu we liked besides french fries (told you I was picky), but it was worth the money to look at everything. Hubby had the ribs, said they were good. And I have to admit, the chocolate shake was really nice on that HOT day. Hubby and friend went to ride Tower of Terror while me and daughter rode The Great Movie Ride. I'm still having nightmares about that Wizard of Oz scene. (shudders). We met up for the parade, which was SO much better than the Magic Kingdonm's new one. Then, off to Aerosmith's rollercoaster. I waited outside while friend and hubby rode. He had to do ALOT of talking to get her on there...(she was my test dummy), after she got off and said she wanted to go again...I took a deep breath, summoned all my adventurous courage and went on with hubby. He said it only went upside down once and it was really fast, you hardly notice...well, he forgot to tell me to brace my neck and at the first burst forward, my head flung forward, and I still can't turn my head. Anyway, I didn't notice the first turn upside down....but, had my eyes open for the second. Hubby's words? "oh, I forgot about that one." "you jerk," was my reply. Then, he tried to explain his way out of it by saying he doesn't concider a twist going upside down...I asked.."were you upside down at any moment of the twist?" He.."well, yeah." Me.."then you were upside down!!!!!". ~sigh~. Last was PLayhouse Disney with Bear..where my daughter was more interested in the streamers that pop out at the audience than the actual show. By then, it had started sprinkling, and lightning. We made our way to the theater for Fantasmic. We were 45 mins early and got great seats right in the middle. Warnings were blaring about the show could have to be cancelled, and I'm praying they don't..cause this is my one chance to see it. Well, it did start...10 mins late, but, thank God, it started. And it was great!!! I have this thing for Snow White's evil queen...( I want to be her)..so, I thought it was wonderful. My video camera died halfway through, but, it was great. Thanks for telling me to stay for that one too.
    Last edited by Stitchy; 09-12-2006 at 01:09 PM.

Sigh...last day at Disney...

Day Seven...start the day after eating breakfast at Shoney's (my fav all time breakfast)..then, head to MGM again to see the Beauty and the Beast show we missed the day before. It was fantastic!!! The opening act was wonderful too, can't remember their names..the annoucer said Four for a Dollar, but, that wasn't what it said on their cd in the gift shop. Did a little shopping, then, headed back to Magic Kingdom. There, we rode Haunted Mansion, Snow White, Pooh, Pirates, Small World, Mickey's Phiharmagic, and the kiddo played in Pooh's playground...then, we got our spots for Spectro Magic once again, got our sovenior pics, and I indulged with one of those hot fudge sundaes. YUMMY!!! After the parade, my daughter wanted to ride Dumbo once more...so, me and her rushed through Main Street into Fantasy Land...there was NO line for the teacups, so, we hopped on. After that, she STILL wanted to ride Dumbo, with only 5 mins left, we ran over there...and just as we are about to step foot on Dumbo, she has an accident..and we can't go. We end up running back to Daddy just in time to change her and watch the fireworks from Main Street. After the fireworks, we hung out at the little terrace under Noodle Station, watching the ducks. I HAD to hear the kiss goodnight (another tip from ya'll)..after hearing it...we took ne last look at the Magis Kingdom ~sniffle~ pryed hubby off the ground, (where he was kicking and screaming that he would NOT go back to the real world) and headed for the ferry. Where we watched Cinderella Castle drift away.....while looking out the spider covered ferry windows. (they should really buy some bug spray)

ps. we realize, while packing that night, that we have lost my daughter's gold ears. They were her FIRST sovenior from Disney from our first trip...and have come up missing. ~sniffle~ Have no idea where they are. Item #3 missing.

Leaving day....

We decided to stop by Downtown Disney for last minute shopping, like the car isn't packed enough!! We have lunch at Planet Hollywood (I don't remember the food being this bad)...and start once again, our quest for an Alice in Wonderland red card beanie toy. My daughter's one request on this trip.....failed miserably. Me and friend continue shopping while hubby and daughter return to car hoping we'll get the hint and follow. After trip to the restroom, I notice my ring is missing. Yep, forgot to put it back on after washing hands. ~sigh~ Item 4. Thank God, I NEVER wear my real jewelry on vacation. And this is the reason. I'd rather lose a $10 rhinestone ring than my real diamond engagement set. Finally, we pile in the car....notice the word pile. That almost describes it. My mother has cursed me. She used to say that we looked like a band of Gypsies when we went on vacations when I was little....yep, passed that on. Kinda like that curse..."I hope you have one just like you"....we look like a caravan of Gypsies shoved everything into a Ford Focus. SO uncomfortable. We finally make it to Destin around 8..check in, and go to bed.

Ah, hotel, sweet hotel. The same hotel we spent almost 3 weeks in during Katrina. Nice hotel, Hampton Inn in SanDestin (in case anyone plans on going that way)..woke up, eat breakfast and head to the beach. A little cloudy, which is good, cause if I even look at the sun, I get sunburnt. Spend about 1 1/2 hour there, then, go back to the hotel for showers. Have lunch at Olive Garden (can you tell which restaurant is our fav?) and head to the hotel for naps. Go to Destin Commons that night for more shopping, stopping at the Disney outlet, like we don't have enough soveniors; and to let kid play in playground. Have supper at Johnny Rockets (yuck) and go to bed.

Next day, wake up, pack car...a little better, now, you can actually sit in the car without doing some strange contortion that would qualify you for a job at Cirque Du Soleil. Make a stop at Fudpuckers to feed the alligators...who could care less cause they're still sleeping. And head home.

Well, that's the end of the story. 10 days...4 items lost, but, no people lost. A whole car full of crap, um, soveniors. And a camera full of memories. I took 2 video tapes full of video, 200 and something pictures, daughter got 33 autographes, and ate our way through each park... Sigh..is it time to go back?

Gee, I feel loved..nobody read my trip report.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast