Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Dreaming of Disneyland...

Question Port Orleans-Riverside

Im starting to plan my trip and i was wondering how the rooms were and if there are any things in general good/bad i should know about the hotel. It will be myself, my friend, and 3 children...ages 17, 13, and 10. I know the room comes with a trundle bed will that be big enough for a 10 year old boy? Also I heard that the best building is the alligator bayou 18. has anyone stayed in that building? thanks
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

• Shablagoo!

Re: Port Orleans-Riverside

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35020

There is a link to a picture thread of mine. Those pictures are from 1999, so the rooms may be a bit different now. I loved the experience and found it to be a terrific hotel. The ambiance is awesome and it can get real quiet at night.

• I met Walt Disney!

If you can, get a corner room. They have a windows in the corner facing two directions. Real nice! We stayed here last October. I highly recommend it.

• Disney Cruise '06

I went there! the best building to stay in is number 14!! you are close to the food the pools and the bus stop! it is really nice there.

• Say no to Assimilation

The room will be a bit crowded with the trundle bed but how much time are you planning to spend in the room? Before picking what building you want, are you relying on Disney transportation or a car?
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

Basically, the room will be just to sleep in. I will be using the disney transportation.
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

I agree...corner rooms are great.

• Self Congratulative

I definitely like the Alligator Bayou side better than Magnolia Plantation side, but I grew up in the south so I just may be used to the latter. I just thought the rustic, tree filled area felt better than wide open spaces.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Taggart View Post
    I definitely like the Alligator Bayou side better than Magnolia Plantation side, but I grew up in the south so I just may be used to the latter. I just thought the rustic, tree filled area felt better than wide open spaces.

See I have the opposite opinion of you Taggart. I didn't like Alligator Bayou at all, it felt like I was in the movie Deliverance. I preferred the Magnolia Plantation, southern styles mansions were beautiful.

I think its just a matter of taste and what you like or grew up with but my opinion is for you to pack up the kids and head over to the French Quarter.

• Just your average Joe.

Blog Entries

We stayed in Alligator Bayou #36 just at the end of July, and it was fine. There were 5 of us, so we had the trundle bed, and 3 of my boys rotated between it (14, 13 and 11), without any problems.

We were the same, the only thing we used the room for was sleeping. We were up and out the door about 7 am and back to the room around midnight.

And #36 was right in between two of the bus depots, neither was a far walk.

My biggest suggestion? Bring your own pillow. I did not like the pillows that were there.

As far as walking? The only time we walked from the front to the room was the first time we went to the room. From there, it was always to the bus depot. And when we left, we called the Luggage Services, and they not only picked up our bags, they gave us a lift to the front desk on their golf cart built for 6.

They also have a airport check-in desk there, so you can check your bags and get your boarding passes right there when you check out of the hotel. Very nice.
    Coupled with the Magical Express service, this made our trip very hassle free.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I think its just a matter of taste and what you like or grew up with but my opinion is for you to pack up the kids and head over to the French Quarter.

I agree with Summer. The French Quarter is my favorite moderate resort. It is the smallest and the most charming. It is so easy to get around that resort.

I have stayed at Riverside a few years ago. The trundle bed is nice. I don't care much for the environment though. All those swampy trees makes it seem hotter then it really is. The pool is nice though, so is the eating area. Here is a hint: When staying at Riverside or French Quarter, you can use either pool. There is a walking path between the two resorts. That is like getting two pools for the price of one!

We already booked out resort for October, and are staying at the French Quarter. Can't wait! But you will be on property too, and that's all that matters. Have fun! And let us know what you thought of your experience.

ok im glad to hear that the trundle bed is big enough. that was one of my biggest worries. also i heard that waiting for the busses to return to the hotel is a hassle. did anybody have any troubles with it?
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

• Self Congratulative

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I completely agree. You yankees can enjoy the delights of southern comforts.

French Quarter is nice, but I prefer the perfect enviornment to bust out some improvisational banjo.

• I met Walt Disney!

All this talk of the Port Orleans is making me want to hop on a plane!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Taggart View Post
    I completely agree. You yankees can enjoy the delights of southern comforts.

French Quarter is nice, but I prefer the perfect enviornment to bust out some improvisational banjo.

Tell me Taggart, can you play the spoons to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast