Thread: Disney Art...

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Disney Art...

Like I stated in my Disney Report, I fell in LOVE with the Disney Art Store I came across in Epcot. I had been to the art store in Downtown Disney, but, either they didn't have that much stuff, or it's just not the same as Epcot's...but, oooohhh, I could have spent SO much money!!! I fell in LOVE with a picture of Alice in Wonderland...(which I want to post on here, but, have no idea how..) it says Mad Tea and is SO cute. I SO wanted that for my living room. And then, there was a gorgeous picture of Belle and the Beast dancing...beautiful background, and you see their outlines...I wanted THAT for my bedroom. And a wonderful black and white of the Snow White evil queen against a purple background..THAT needs to go in my dressing room. OOOhhhhh, please, tell me I'm not the only one wanting these things.

• Lonestar Louisianian

Re: Disney Art...

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    OOOhhhhh, please, tell me I'm not the only one wanting these things.
    You are not the only one wanting those things!

You know how most people dream of what they'd do if they won the lottery? Their first thoughts are likely to spend it on cars, homes, or vacation trips. Well my first thought is that I would head to one of the Art of Disney stores and go WILD!

While I've not visited the one in EPCOT before (first noticed it as we were leaving the park after closing on my last visit), I've easily spent hours in the Downtown Disney location just browsing and dreaming, and wishing, and wondering, and.... well, you get the idea.

I usually do manage to purchase at least one item from there per trip (which is not much), so I may leave there with a lighter wallet, but with a much more full sense of joy.
    Last edited by NatdRat; 09-15-2006 at 10:06 AM.

• World Traveler

The Art of Disney stores are my favorites. I also would love to purchase more at that store, but my wallet (and wall space at home) prohibit this.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Wall space isn't an issue- I would make room. The wallet though- has too much space though- cause there is no cash filling it up
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

The Art of Disney stores sell lovely stuff. But most items there are overpriced.

Natdrat...I thought the exact same thing. Our first day in Florida, I bought a lottery ticket (lost it though)...and on the way home I was thinking..."If I won...I could buy, this and that, and ooohh! THAT one". Haha.

The cost thing is a BIG issue, but, so is the "how would I get it home?" thing...I wouldn't trust the mail...and there's NO WAY it would come with us in the car...my 3 year old would have a blast with that. Not to mention, the whole military, moving thing...I don't think it's last through too many moves. But, ooooo, when hubby retires....oh yes!!!

• Lonestar Louisianian

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    The cost thing is a BIG issue, but, so is the "how would I get it home?" thing...I wouldn't trust the mail...and there's NO WAY it would come with us in the car...my 3 year old would have a blast with that.
    When was there last (Oct. '05, oooh so very long ago) I had my purchase shipped back home to me via insured mail. It got here fine, but everything in the Art of Disney stores is not one of a kind. They are either reproductions or one in a limited series of items, so I felt safe sending it home this way.

SOME of their prints they do as postcards, too. I got the set of 4 Tinkerbell seasons post cards, and put them together with alternating green and beige mats in a single frame, with ribbon hidding the seams between the mats. MUCH easier on the wallet!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Will have to make a point of visiting that store when the West Coast Micechatters hit Epcot! Sounds like my kind of store! We always ship stuff from our travels, never a problem yet, so no worries there!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

If only i had a mansion and enough money---i'd have a room dedictated to Disney art---

Drince88---I found one print I wanted in a smaller postcard..(Mickey saluting), I bought that one for hubby's office...I knew he'd like it, and his desk is SO full, a 5'7'' wouldn't even have fit...so, that worked out wonderful. Unfortunately, the pic I REALLY wanted of Alice in Wonderland, and the one of the evil queen and the pooh bear I wanted to get my mom, didn't come in smaller sizes