Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hotel

hotel

I am planning a trip to Disney World soon and need a recommendation on hotels. Which one would you all recommend?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: hotel

I like the Grosvenor by Downtown Disney. I've stayed there twice now and will be staying there again next month.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by beamer06 View Post
    I am planning a trip to Disney World soon and need a recommendation on hotels. Which one would you all recommend?
    JW Marriott or Ritz on Central FL Parkway and John Young Parkway, The Hard Rock Hotel at Universal, The Peabody at International Drive, or the Hyatt Regency in Lake Buena Vista.

• Disneyholic

If your planning to stay on property my favorite is the Polinesian, particularly since it's on the monorail and if you stay in one of the buildings to the right of the great ceremonial house you have the option of walking to the TTC and hoping the monorail to Epcot as well, something none of the others offer.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    If your planning to stay on property my favorite is the Polinesian, particularly since it's on the monorail and if you stay in one of the buildings to the right of the great ceremonial house you have the option of walking to the TTC and hoping the monorail to Epcot as well, something none of the others offer.
    Well, that's debatable. At the Contemporary, if you are staying in the North Annex building, you can actually *walk* to the MK in less time that it would take to travel to it by monorail from the Tower's 4th floor. If I was in the Poly, I would not go to the TTC. If I wanted to use the TTC for transport needs to the MK, I would have stayed off property and save tons of money!

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well, that's debatable. At the Contemporary, if you are staying in the North Annex building, you can actually *walk* to the MK in less time that it would take to travel to it by monorail from the Tower's 4th floor. If I was in the Poly, I would not go to the TTC. If I wanted to use the TTC for transport needs to the MK, I would have stayed off property and save tons of money!

Ahh sorry if I ws not clear, what I was trying to convey is that you can hop the Epcot monorail directly by walking to the TTC, or grab the resort monorail there or in the ceremonial house. Its quite convient since you have "easy" access via monorail to 2 parks fom the hotel.

OK, I think I'm good on Polynesian or Contemporary, any others you probably reccommend.

1. What's your Budget?
    2. How many are in your party?
    3. Do you desire to be on-site or off-site?
    4. How many days?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'd love to stay at the Contemporary but it's waaaaay out of my price range. Same goes for all the other WDW hotels for the most part. Thankfully I found a good deal for the Grosvenor on hotels.com.

I can pay for any, and I'm there for 6 days on-site. I'm just trying to find if there's a really good resort to stay in or a really BAD one not to stay in.

• Minion

So far, I've stayed at Caribbean Beach, All Star Movies, Coronado Springs and one offsite hotel. I definitely prefer to stay onsite and use Disney transportation rather than staying offsite. Not that offsite hotels are bad, just my preference not to drive while down there.
    Of the three onsite ones I stayed at, Coronado Springs was probably the nicest because the grounds are so beautifully themed, the CM's there were all really nice, and the food was good.
    For our next trip there, which will likely be in 2009, I'm thinking we'll stay at the Contemporary just because it's so cool looking and has the monorail go through it.
    You might want to do some research at allearsnet.com. It's a great site that has TONS of useful, up to date info on all the WDW hotels, including room rates, busy times, slow times, restaurant menues etc. etc.

Whichever way you go, have a great trip!

• Disneyholic

You can't go wrong really with any of the disney hotels, I would hit the site or DVD and find one that you like. Basically the Delux are closer to the local attractions, Moderates are ok but smaller and further away so may take longer to get places, and the budget are the smallest and from my expierence most crowded.

I personally would stick to the deluxe, maybee the moderates if money is an issue. I first figure out the park I want to spend the most time in and then pick the hotel that affords the best transportation options to that park in my price range.

My Favorites in order of preference:

Polinesian
    Wilderness Lodge
    Grand Floridian
    Contemporary
    Beach and Yatt club resorts
    Carribean Beach
    Port Orleans French Quarter
    Animal Kindom Lodge

Now my family is a Magic Kindom family, so the Mk hotels are on the top, I know someone will bash me for putting the contemporary low on that list but its just too busy for me, I just don't feel relaxed while I'm there... Its a fine resort if you want to be in the middle of all the action. If you want piece and quiet the Poly and WL are better choices. I have stayed at the polly 7 times and the WL 6 the others just once or twice.

Now that said my least favorite was the music resort, felt way too small, bus service was lousy, much much worse than even the Carribean beach after the third day wound up renting a car to get around. I don't know if my results are typical there but I don't plan on ever goign back to the value again even if it means cutting back to once every other year to get my Disney fix.

Wait. where can I get this DVD?

• Disneyholic

Go to www.disneyworld.com you can order it right from thier web page or view it online via the web site.

• xmanmom

Quote Originally Posted by beamer06 View Post
    Wait. where can I get this DVD?
    You can order it off of the Disneyworld website.

Also, I don't mean to shill for another site but MousePlanet has reviews of the different hotels and restaurants for all of the Disney parks. I use those reviews quite often.

I have never been to WDW before, but we leave in 11 days (Wooo!) and we chose to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge because we love animals and I really liked the African Lodge theme from the pictures I have seen. It is a bit far from MK and Epcot but I really think it is one of the most unique hotels I have ever seen. I will give a full review upon my return.

*Edit: Jerren beat me to the WDW website...oops.*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast