Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bring Back Alien Encounter!

I went on Stitch's Great Escape when I went down and when I went in the door, I was already disappointed. SIR was now overweight and sounded a little fruity. And instead of him breaking out, they let him out BECAUSE HE'S CUDDLY!!!!

I know that Magic Kingdom is for kids, but some people want something fun. If the kids are afraid to go on Alien Encounter, there's Baby Swap.

Anyone with me?

• Banned User

Re: Bring Back Alien Encounter!

Stitch's Great Escape is proof that 90% of WDI need to be fired.

Ive been on it twice it made me cringe so bad .

"I think I...OILED..myself" Everyone in the theater started cringing and was like UGH Disney is retarded.

• Sailing Away

I've never been on Stitch and never plan to go. AE was cool, and I agree - not all attractions need to be geared towards little children.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Meega, nala kwishta!!

I (surprise surprise) like SGE more than AE.

• Animatronic

Disney seems to be making rides they *think* very young kids will like or that they *think* will sell plush toys to parents who *think* their kids should like the rides.

While Alien Encounters was a retheme of the better themed, but aging, Mission to Mars, Alien Encounters at least showed imagination and targeted a broader audience than Stitch. Stitch is a retheme of a retheme, which is like adding water to yesterday's left over soup which was left over and watered down from the day before.

Walt built his parks so that adults could have fun along with their kids. Now, even the slightly older brother or sister will roll their eyes at the drama free and bathroom humor filled Stitch.

To me, Stitch is like going to your favorite restaurant and finding out they only serve paste. Sure, some might say that's great. Kids like paste. Just take your kids and it'll be fine. I'm sure most feel now as Walt did, sitting on that park bench feeling left out and wondering why there isn't something better.

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

I miss AE

• Coming soon...

I liked Stitch actually. But I've never been on AE, so I can't judge.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I only went on AE once (and it scared the bejebus out of me). Haven't been on Stitch (yet have had opportunities). Only reason I'd want to see it is for the Stitch AA (which looks pretty cool & very fluid fromt he videos I've seen).

I'm sick of Disney "dumbing down" the parks. We need more stuff geared toward us old farts!

I like the character Stitch, but I prefer AE to SGE. The only redeeming quality about SGE is the Stitch animatronic.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

It's odd. I like Stitch, I thought the movie was really good, but when they took away my Alien Encounter and replaced it, that made me mad. It's almost like they are trying to push Stitch onto us.

But the only reason it closed was because of bad parenting. If your kid is screaming bloody murder, don't put him on the ride! I should know, I was 6 when I could have gotten on, and I was too scared.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I was in my early-mid 20's when I went on AE and I was totally freaked.

• Let me axe you something

I loved AE. I'm not sure I want to dirty my memory of AE by "riding" the new SGE... but I DO love Stitch. Hmm.

• Married and happy again!!

I didn't love or hate AE it was ok in my book but, I hate SGE. The AA of Stitch is great but the rest of the "show" is just lame.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• back in Austin

I never got to see Alien Encounter, which makes me sad. Last time I was at WDW was prolly around '90.

• The one, the only...

I loved AE but really dislike the Stitch version. It neither is frightening nor entertaining.

I have to say I would not bring back AE. I just don't want to go backwards. The solution is to create an attraction in which you get to meet an alien which is a lot less threatening. I don't think it has to have anything to do with a movie. But if Disney had made ET, that is the kind of alien that would have been a big hit.

As to Stitch, he was great in the film, but that was because he was not threatening. It is his relationship with Lilo that is most interesting. Since Stitch's Great Escape leaves Lilo out, it takes all the charm and warmth out of the story. It really should not even be called "Stitch" since the ride is set before Stitch meets Lilo when he was named "626." This muddled story-line does not help the ride either!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast