Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just read your orig post. CBR is very nice place to stay! Close to Epcot,MGM and DTD. They have a cool pool area. Good moderate. I like Port Orleans FQ for the boat rides to DTD. It was just refurb last year also.Our goal is to stay at every Disney resort. Poly,AKL and WL are the last 3! Of course the $$$$ ones!

I just had time to read the whole post and see a lot of great info for you west coasters!

• What have I done?

My family and I thank you for all your help and info!
    We are curious about the MK Castle dinner!!!!
    The girls are going to be having a Princess character breakfast.
    Do you know by chance anything about it? If not its ok I guess we can always call the resort. Thanks again!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    FOr Littlemermaid
    I have to join the "NO TO AUGUST" club! We went in Aug. 03 and it was ridiculous! I will not go in Aug. again. The heat and humidity were bad enough, but it seemed like it NEVER stopped raining. I know, I know, it rains alot in the summer but the only other time I've been there, May, was no where near what we experienced in Aug.

We started our stay at ASMo and it was sooo bad we moved to CBR, which was wonderful!! Get a water view room, it's worth the little extra $.

I have fond memories of lounging on a hammock on the beach while my boys played in the sand and on the playground, ahhhhhhh.

Get the Fantasmic! dinner package, since it's your honeymoon, do the Brown Derby!!

Eat at California Grill one night(I wanted to do this & didn't get a chance)

Do a "Monorail Lounge Tour" Check out the lounges along the Monorail(at the Poly, CR & GF)and have a speciality of the house cocktail at each one! try appetizers ate two places(share them! LOL)and then at the third have a coffee drink and dessert!

Do a carriage ride at POR

ride in the front of the monorail, cuddled up!

FOR Pumpkinking

get hair cuts on Main Street!!!! This was sooooo cute and my kids STILL talk about it!!

I don't know how old your children are, mine were 4 & 8 at the time and they LOVED Liberty Tree Tavern character Meal and the Sci-Fi. They still talk about it.
    The also LOVED the Ice Cream Social at the Garde Grill
    Have the girls get their hair wrapped!

Oh and for both, check out the menus at www.allearsnet.com for the restaurants you are interested in!! And you can check out great photo's of the resorts that way too!
    Last edited by dsnylndmom; 02-01-2005 at 01:35 PM. Reason: added the menu info

• far, far away from DL

My husband and I went on our honeymoon in Oct of 1997. The weather was great, not too hot. The lines for the rides weren't that long. We had a great time! Illuminations was really nice. Downtown disney really nice too. We had dinner at the Jazz club and had fun going from club to club. And the shops there are really neat. At least they were back then. The best thing of the whole trip was going down main street of the magic kingdom holding hands and seeing the castle. How romantic! I hope you and your soon to be hubby have a great time. Also make sure you take plenty of pictures to remember your honeymoon in the Wonderful World of Disney!

Sabrina

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Wow, It sounds Like I missed alot. Incredible. Is there a site of Yestetyear for WDW? any response would be appreciated.
    Walt Dated World is a very good site for lost WDW attractions!

• What have I done?

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    FOr Littlemermaid
    I have to join the "NO TO AUGUST" club! We went in Aug. 03 and it was ridiculous! I will not go in Aug. again. The heat and humidity were bad enough, but it seemed like it NEVER stopped raining. I know, I know, it rains alot in the summer but the only other time I've been there, May, was no where near what we experienced in Aug.

We started our stay at ASMo and it was sooo bad we moved to CBR, which was wonderful!! Get a water view room, it's worth the little extra $.

I have fond memories of lounging on a hammock on the beach while my boys played in the sand and on the playground, ahhhhhhh.

Get the Fantasmic! dinner package, since it's your honeymoon, do the Brown Derby!!

Eat at California Grill one night(I wanted to do this & didn't get a chance)

Do a "Monorail Lounge Tour" Check out the lounges along the Monorail(at the Poly, CR & GF)and have a speciality of the house cocktail at each one! try appetizers ate two places(share them! LOL)and then at the third have a coffee drink and dessert!

Do a carriage ride at POR

ride in the front of the monorail, cuddled up!

FOR Pumpkinking

get hair cuts on Main Street!!!! This was sooooo cute and my kids STILL talk about it!!

I don't know how old your children are, mine were 4 & 8 at the time and they LOVED Liberty Tree Tavern character Meal and the Sci-Fi. They still talk about it.
    The also LOVED the Ice Cream Social at the Garde Grill
    Have the girls get their hair wrapped!

Oh and for both, check out the menus at www.allearsnet.com for the restaurants you are interested in!! And you can check out great photo's of the resorts that way too!
    WOW thanks for the website! SO much to go through and now I am very excited... I am actually researching all this for my parents (I am 25! no family of my own as of yet!) I know there is tons of info out there and this is the place to get our magical trip right LOL The girls are my mom, sister and her daughter. They will love the MK Princess breakfast from what I have read on www.allearsnet.com

The boys are myself, father and brother-in-law not sure what special bonding activity we will do yet. But we are all looking forward to the trip thank you everyone for the info!

• Pirate Princess

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    The boys are myself, father and brother-in-law not sure what special bonding activity we will do yet. But we are all looking forward to the trip thank you everyone for the info!
    Perhaps golf or a visit to Big River Grille and Brewing Works? Isn't there also a WDW equivalent to DL's ESPN Zone?

• Pirate Princess

Oddly enough, it seems our honeymoon will be shaped more by the many fun meals we'd like to have than the parks themselves!

Even so, we're willing to give it all we've got . With the Magic Your Way system, isn't it cheaper to ad an extra day or two if you're staying 5 days or more? We might consider this because if it's not too expensive, we could definitely make use of the extra days!

Quote Originally Posted by LiTtLeMeRmAiD
    Oddly enough, it seems our honeymoon will be shaped more by the many fun meals we'd like to have than the parks themselves!

Even so, we're willing to give it all we've got . With the Magic Your Way system, isn't it cheaper to ad an extra day or two if you're staying 5 days or more? We might consider this because if it's not too expensive, we could definitely make use of the extra days!
    If you can afford the room for the extra nights,stay longer if you can. If you do wait until later in the summer, Disney has had some very good room rates in Sept and Oct in the past. Last Summer we got CBR for $79 a night on a promo. The tickets are the cheaper of the two. I think the MYW tickets are up to 10 days now! Just keep an eye on Disney web site for deals.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    My family and I are taking a trip to WDW Resort in August... we have family there and we know about the weather. What we dont know is exactly what we are getting ourselves into. We have a package selected to where each day we can do a park and we will be staying at the Carribean Beach Resort. So I guess any info will be appreciated!
    I just remebered that your family in Florida can get you lower room and ticket prices being Florida Residents. All they have to do is make the Res for you and be with you at check in. A valid Florida ID is needed at check in. If they are also staying at WDW because they do not live local, you could piggyback your Reservations on theirs!

It can save you big$$

• Pirate Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland1970
    If you can afford the room for the extra nights,stay longer if you can. If you do wait until later in the summer, Disney has had some very good room rates in Sept and Oct in the past.
    That's great news! We're thinking very seriously about postponing the honeymoon til October. The Food and Wine Festival sounds like a lot of fun, the rates may be cheaper and the crowds & weather should be much improved by then. Thanks for all the help everyone, and anymore tidbit tips would be greatly appreciated!

When I think of WDW, I think FOOD!!! There are sooooo many great restaurants! Personally, I enjoyed Mitsukoshi at the Japan pavillion at Epcot. Cinderella's Royal Table inside the castle at Magic Kingdom was very enjoyable.

If you're going to watch Fantasmic, you can arrange for dinner and priority seating (if they still have it...I visited in September 2002), so you don't have to hassle with lines.

O'hana is the fantasic restaurant located at the Polynesian resort...I thought the food was better than the actual Luau that they have.

In terms of transportation to the airport, if you're staying on property, you can easily arrange for a shuttle to take you and pick you up...fairly inexpensive. Once you're on property, the transportation system should suit you well.

Enjoy!!!
    "Somewhere under the sea and beyond your imagination is an adventure in fantasy."

Welcome to the World...RUN! kidding...

Hey there Mouse-ka-teer!

Glad to see you're heading this way! Here are some tips from a 30+ times visitor (since 1980):

* If you're planning to stay on-site, resort speaking, may I recommend either the Contemporary Resort or Wilderness Lodge if you are in the Deluxe (price) Resort range. Now, I only recommend the Contemporary if you can get a tower room (facing the Magic Kingdom is a plus). The tower rooms are absolutely enchanting, offering a view of the park (if available) and will give you a "ringside" seat for the evening fireworks from the balcony. Be sure to specify room preference, and if all they have are "wing" rooms then skip the resort all together. The Wilderness lodge offers many of the same great accomidations as the Contemporary with great rooms and a slightly lower price.

If you're not in the Deluxe range, I recommend the Port Orleans: Riverside Resort which is a more affordable price, but they don't scrimp on the accomidations as much as the Value Resorts. Fun stuff like fishing, motorboats, huge pool(s), bicycle carts, and more "Deluxe" like extras (for an extra fee, of course...lol). Coronado Springs is also a Moderate resort with great rooms and service, plus it was just built during 2003/2004.

* If you only have a few days, spend the most time at the "original trilogy" (i.e. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, & Disney MGM). If you think the Magic Kingdom is too much like Disneyland...Then stake out Epcot and the Studios, with half day trips to Animal Kingdom and MK. You should try and fastpass-slip in some AK attractions (Kilimanjaro Safari, Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl).

* Here's something interesting. If you're visiting during a warm month, try out Disney's Blizzard Beach water park. I was not a big fan of water parks, but after trying Disney's clean and pristeen water park, I can go to no other! Its not dingy like a lot of other water parks (Hello Schliterbauhn! I know travel channel gave you number 1 rating...but YUCK!), and there are great attractions for every member of the family. I think they have the best lazy river in the business.

* If it rains while you're visiting, and dad-gum-it if it doesn't rain a lot in central Florida, then I advise heading to Disney Quest for the day where you can play on every type of high tech video game and virtual reality gizmo they have there. There are even Retro games for parents and those that remember their 80's/90's childhood (wistful sigh), like Pac-Man and Moon Patrol. Epcot can also be fun during rain with many of its pavilions and attractions indoors. By the way, I've had the chance to ride Test Track in the middle of heavy rain...wow...now that's an experience!

* Want a good on-site restaurant? My family has tried them all, and here are the best tasting: Liberty Tree Tavern @ MK (ham, turkey, mac n' cheese, dressing, salad), 50's Prime Time Cafe @ MGM (prime rib sandwiches, shrimp salad, PB & J, meatloaf, great cocktails), Biergarten Restaurant @ Epcot/Germany (buffet with entertainment, sausages, potatoes, beer, many pastries), Tony's Town Square @ MK (Italian, spaghetti & meatballs, manacoti). I could go on...lol!

I think thats enough to start you off, I can always post more. Happy travels to the World!

- Agent Xero (Johnny Childers)
    "Disneyland will never be complete...as long as there is imagination left in the world."

• Pirate Princess

Quote Originally Posted by AgentXero
    * Want a good on-site restaurant? My family has tried them all, and here are the best tasting: Liberty Tree Tavern @ MK (ham, turkey, mac n' cheese, dressing, salad), 50's Prime Time Cafe @ MGM (prime rib sandwiches, shrimp salad, PB & J, meatloaf, great cocktails), Biergarten Restaurant @ Epcot/Germany (buffet with entertainment, sausages, potatoes, beer, many pastries), Tony's Town Square @ MK (Italian, spaghetti & meatballs, manacoti). I could go on...lol!
    Please do! Thats great info...

So far our food interests are in the Prime Time Cafe, the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, the Castle, the Living Seas restaurant, the Canada Pavillion Steakhouse, and Tony's Town Square (gotta share some spaghetti for our honeymoon !).

Tell us more about your restaurant suggestions, we're all ears!

• They wanna know, HO!

Eh, try to avoid 50's Prime Time, I really hate the food. Some people like the atmosphere, but it dosn't make up for the food.

Try some of these places too:

-Spoodles (favorite)
    -Alfraidos
    -Coral Reef
    -Mama Melrose
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast