Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Sad state of Country Bear Jamboree

Magic Kingdom is get more vistors than Disneyland, and if Disney closed an attraction. It would upset the customers. Disney doesn't want to risk losing the paying crowd to fixing stuff.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

To me, it seems like Disney World has no managers. Are those seats vacated or something? Because I am sure that people in top management can't be blind to the fact that many attractions seem to be malfunctioning.

(Sarcasim off) Is it really too hard for them to just fix these problems?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Magic Kingdom is get more vistors than Disneyland, and if Disney closed an attraction. It would upset the customers. Disney doesn't want to risk losing the paying crowd to fixing stuff.
    True. But that does not give them good reason to allow rides to fall into the state some of them are in at WDW. They should do a heavy refurb like what Disneyland did, on their beat up attractions. Then, when those attractions are fixed, they should keep them working properly with daily inspections. That would definatly help WDW keep their rides up and running properly more often.

But eventually they will have to close many of the major rides that are in disrepair for refurbs regardless.

Try going to the Country Bear Jamboree in Tokyo Disneyland. I was AMAZED at how fluid and beautifully maintained the Bears were in Tokyo! Of course, everything was sparkling and beautiful in Tokyo. But when we went into old, unglamorous attractions like Country Bear Jamboree or Mickey Mouse Revue and saw everything working like it was 1972 and the show had just opened, our jaws literally dropped open through the whole show.

Seeing how great these same attractions are maintained and kept up in Tokyo really proves that the attractions in Walt Disney World are simply poorly maintained and neglected. If Tokyo can keep a 35 year old show like Mickey Mouse Revue looking brand new, then there is no excuse for the sorry state of the attractions at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.

It's just cheap budget cuts and poor management, plain and simple, that is behind the sorry state of too many attractions at Walt Disney World. They should be ashamed of themselves.

• Vehicle rotating backward

WDW is limping out of the busy summer season. Any park would have attractions in bad shape right now.

The time to complain about it will be in a few months if nothing is done about it. With refurb time right around the corner, there's no excuse.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    WDW is limping out of the busy summer season. Any park would have attractions in bad shape right now.

The time to complain about it will be in a few months if nothing is done about it. With refurb time right around the corner, there's no excuse.
    Some operational wear and tear is expected, however I think the point most of the threads are making is that these rides are designed to have periodic rehab and that has been put off for an extended period of time at WDW. A good comparison would be POTC, at DL they closed the attraction for an extended rehab when they added Jack Sparrow and completly rehabed all show elements even the audio equipment. At WDW they didn't want to keep the ride down during peak holiday times so they cut the rehab short and did it in two phases and did not completly rehab the entire attraction. There is a fundamental philosophical difference between the WDW management and the DL management on operational expenditures, new attractions and rehabs.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Yup! Another California person here, I just saw CBJ last month, was really looking forward to it but was appalled by the state of the show. I've seen Disney attractions in better and worse shape before, and this was definitely on the low end of the scale as far as show quality maintenance goes. It was...embearassing.

A couple of other examples -- what's up with Teddi Barra, her head is kind of hanging down on her chest, and her hat is kind of hanging in her face, I couldn't see her eyes. It's like she's shy -- or she doesn't want to be seen in this show, which is at this point is understandable.

The spotlight is misfocused on the last Henry -- by misfocused I don't mean out of focus, I mean it's not pointed in the right direction. That sounds like a typical overly picky Disney fan comment. But, give me a break, when the raccoon pops out of his hat (Sammy is his name, right?), well Sammy's head is in total darkness because the light is pointed too low, so the top edge of the light is cutting off his head. If things like that need adjusting, it's pretty clear all the lighting needs to be refocused by a theatrical lighting designer.

Normally I'm a strong advocate of audio-animatronics shows, I think they are vital to the personality of the parks, etc. But if someone pointed at this attraction and said, "we don't need this anymore, let's rip it out," I'd have a hard time defending the poor old bears, because right now they're not selling themselves very well. Normally people love this show, it's very entertaining and very strong when it's tuned up.

When they refurbished the Tiki Room in California, there was a real difference in how entertaining the show is, you could really feel a difference.

But this is probably a sore subject with the Florida folks. I hope you guys get a nice big unbirthday present -- a big budget overhaul on this attraction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12