Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Yes?

I need restaurant ideas, please!

Ok, so my family is going to WDW in Oct and Dec. Now, my mother has decided to go at the same time in Dec and has offered to watch my daughters for me at the hotel so my husband and I can have a nice, quiet, adult dinner together. Here is where we have already eaten:

Crystal Palace-breakfast
    Le Cellier-dinner
    Coral Reef-dinner
    Garden Grill-lunch
    Olivia's-lunch
    Artist's Palate-dinner

So, what I would like are some honest opinions about where would be good to try next. Cost is not an issue, neither is location. Everything is open as an option. Suggest away! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: I need restaurant ideas, please!

I also love:
    Rose and Crown - Epcot
    Liberty Tree Tavern - MK
    9 Dragons - Epcot
    Alfredo's - Epcot
    50's Prime Time Cafe - MGM

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    Ok, so my family is going to WDW in Oct and Dec. Now, my mother has decided to go at the same time in Dec and has offered to watch my daughters for me at the hotel so my husband and I can have a nice, quiet, adult dinner together. Here is where we have already eaten:

Crystal Palace-breakfast
    Le Cellier-dinner
    Coral Reef-dinner
    Garden Grill-lunch
    Olivia's-lunch
    Artist's Palate-dinner

So, what I would like are some honest opinions about where would be good to try next. Cost is not an issue, neither is location. Everything is open as an option. Suggest away! Thanks!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I also love:
    Rose and Crown - Epcot
    Liberty Tree Tavern - MK
    9 Dragons - Epcot
    Alfredo's - Epcot
    50's Prime Time Cafe - MGM
    From what I hear Rose and Crown is great if you can get an outside table during Illuminations but it's not easy to do.
    Is 9 Dragons any different from just a regular Chinese restaurant? I would like to try something new and different. And my hubby will try anything at least once! He's very adventurous when it comes to food.
    am I the burrito man?

• Shablagoo!

Well since money is not an object you might want to look into the restaurants at the Grand Floridian. The food at Narcoossee's was great and I have heard wonderful things about Victoria and Albert's (which is a dress-up/kid free zone).

• World Traveler

I liked Citricos at the Grand Floridian. Nice Mediterranean dishes and atmosphere.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Well since money is not an object you might want to look into the restaurants at the Grand Floridian. The food at Narcoossee's was great and I have heard wonderful things about Victoria and Albert's (which is a dress-up/kid free zone).
    We are actually staying at Grand Floridian so I was thinking about that. I don't know if I'd be comfortable at Victoria and Alberts and it says to allow 2-2 1/2 hours for dinner. I will look into Narcoossees and Citricos. Thanks! Anyone else?
    am I the burrito man?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Well there's 'Ohana at the Polynesian, and the California Grill at the Contemporary. Plan it just right on a night where there are Fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, and it's a very special evening. The California Grill has established a bit of a dress code. I think they call it business casual. The Food at "Ohana is very tasty, served family style. The California is more pricey, but I have eaten at both places and they were equally outstanding in my opinion.

I like Ohana, but be prepared to waddle out of there from eating way too much. I've been to Narcoossee's and really liked the food there. Alfredos is good. I've heard great things about Boma also, but I've only had breakfast there. And I've heard good things about Portobello Yacht Club too.

Another place you might try that's a little more adult is Bistro de Paris in EPCOT.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Cactus View Post
    Another place you might try that's a little more adult is Bistro de Paris in EPCOT.
    I second that. I enjoyed my meal there.

• Just this guy......

I would suggest Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was the best meal we had at WDW the last time that I was there.

• xmanmom

We are eating at Boma, Les Chefs de France, Le Cellier, 'Ohana and California Grill on our trip less than a week away. I will be able to tell you better after then which were the best.

• See you there!

Here's my short list...

Epcot

Canada (le Cellier)
    France (Chefs de France)
    Morocco (Restaurant Marrakesh)

D/MGM

Hollywood Brown Derby

Resorts

Grand Floridian

Citricos
    Grand Floridian Cafe

Contemporary

California Grill (Great)

These are some of my favorites, for more ideas as well as menus for every place goto: allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

For the adult dinner you want, I would go to one of the restaurants in Epcot, or California Grill. For just an eating experince the California Grill is great, but you can't beat having dinner at one of the Epcot restaurants, then a stroll around the World Showcase. Swometimes in the early evenings we like to go to Chefs de France, get a window table, enjoy a nice relaxing dinner, do some people watching from the window, then go for a stroll well before Illuminations.

Have a great trip!

CU@DL

Andy
    Last edited by CUatDL; 09-21-2006 at 04:12 PM.

• Banned User

SKIP all the stuff at WDW. Go to the Ale House behind DTD on road #535, and enjoy a great selection of food with great service and much cheaper prices than over rated WDW. Even the CMs at WDW go there all the time.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    SKIP all the stuff at WDW. Go to the Ale House behind DTD on road #535, and enjoy a great selection of food with great service and much cheaper prices than over rated WDW. Even the CMs at WDW go there all the time.
    I can go to Ale House anytime I want, and I've even been to that one. I am looking for something special and not cheap.
    So far I am leaning towards California Grill and hoping to time it right for fireworks. But second would be somewhere in Epcot so we can stay and see Illuminations. Has anyone ever eaten in Mexico? I love mexican food. Thanks for all the input everyone!
    am I the burrito man?

• Lonestar Louisianian

I think you're leaning toward a fine choice there Evilqueen. I've never been to the California Grill but have only heard great things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    We are actually staying at Grand Floridian so I was thinking about that. I don't know if I'd be comfortable at Victoria and Alberts and it says to allow 2-2 1/2 hours for dinner.
    I think you should also give Victoria & Alberts more consideration. It's got a very intimate atmosphere and you are treated like royalty. Not sure if it may seem too fancy a place for your comfort level (I can certainly understand if it is) but if you are a foodie, then you should at least experience a 5-star restuarant once in your life (if you have never been to one before). My brother and sis-in-law went for their anniversary last year and were totally blown away and have made ressies again for this year.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast