Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What the!?

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Question What the!?

Okay, I'm very late. But I read a thread a few months old about Tomorrowland/the upcoming Monsters Inc ride. And on this page (Monsters Stink) there is a line by one poster: >There are plans to bulldoze Carosel of Progress, Skyway Station, the theater, and possibly the TTA to make way for a big INCREDIBLES attraction. While the attraction may be great and all...we would be losing the equivalent of 3-4 attractions for it and makes zero sense with the theme of tomorrowland! Wouldnt this attraction fit much better at MGM Studios since A) Its a movie B) MGM Studios attendance is decling and C) They could use a new big e-ticket over there. But no im affraid that would require thinking.< Please, please, PLEASE tell me this person was joking. Are they really even considering demolishing all of that for an Incredibles ride? Someone say it aint' so!

• Married and happy again!!

Re: What the!?

I hope this is just a bad rumor as well. I don't want to lose CoP or WEDway Peoplemover (I still refuse to call it TTA). And the Incredibles stink. They don't fit the theme (then again neither does Monsters Inc and that will find it's home there in the old spot occupied by Timekeeper). Also your right MGM needs a new E-ticket attraction and the Incredibles fit there just fine. Besides when the MGM deal ends if the studios become Disney Pixar Studios it will make sense.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevie View Post
    B) MGM Studios attendance is decling
    Is it really now?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

It's just an old rumor that used to be held by Monster's Inc. I think part of it may have been fueled by Ricky Birgante.

Frankly, I hate the logic that something that an attraction would work at the Disney-MGM Studios because it is based on a movie.

Blog Entries

They're not going to bulldoze all of those areas for an incredibles attraction. It's just not going to happen so don't worry.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

If they take away my Peoplemover, heads are seriously going to roll. Bad enough they took my Toad away.

I hope this is a rumor. You are right, heads will roll is they roll-over TTA. Good point...such a ride would make more sense in MGM.

• Banned User

what i would like to see as a " ride" is the transportation system they used on the island in incredibles. TTA could be adapted to something like that. and I think it would be cool. and THAT would fit the theming of the area.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Ugh, I really hope that rumor isn't true. They could always just bulldoze the old Skyway building and build there. There is lots of room in that area without dipping into other places. Or the Galaxy Theater is another great place, they rarely use it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevie View Post
    They could use a new big e-ticket over there. But no im affraid that would require thinking
    Why is ANYONE giving credence to a poster who posts about something supposedly new, yet is so stuck in the past that he refers to a potential attraction as an e-ticket??? What's next? Are they going to instead remove 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea to make way for The Incredibles?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    Why is ANYONE giving credence to a poster who posts about something supposedly new, yet is so stuck in the past that he refers to a potential attraction as an e-ticket??? What's next? Are they going to instead remove 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea to make way for The Incredibles?
    Hate to burst your bubble pal, but the term "E-Ticket", and to a lesser degree the other letters, is still widely used in classifying attractions.

what i would like to see as a " ride" is the transportation system they used on the island in incredibles. TTA could be adapted to something like that. and I think it would be cool. and THAT would fit the theming of the area.
    Isn't it just a monorail with individual cars instead of trains?

Blog Entries

correct, rides are still labeled as E-ticket, C-ticket, etc... even though they aren't given tickets any longer.

• Banned User

Galaxy theater could be enclosed into a broadway theater... and have a real nice stage show there.. rather then in front of the castle... lol

then have the magical music days kids perform elsewhere....

Skyway could be used for a store... im surprised it aint...

right now it's just being used to store skyway buckets... which a red one would be better in my room... lol

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    correct, rides are still labeled as E-ticket, C-ticket, etc... even though they aren't given tickets any longer.
    Correct. Example of that. The new Clam-mobile ride at the Living Seas...will be a solid "C" ticket.

• Banned User

the ride it was replaceing was about a c-ticket level. it was simply a nice little ride around the fish tank until you got to sea base alpha. you know if this is popular maybe they can do something with the old health pavilion, even if they have to "disneyfy" it. it would be better having something in there of course there is always the rumor of demolishing the wonders of live and the energy pavilions and putting in one big pavilion. hope not though. epcot doesn't need anymore thrill level attractions. It needs some not so thrill rides that little ones and those of us who don't like thrill rides can enjoy and learn something at the same time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast