Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Questions about "The Disney Look"

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    I am not familiar with Japanese culture but do notice that they seem to be more strict on issues such as this. But could it be because they are such a large population in such a smaller space than Americans and realize that they have to take better care?
    You nailed it on the head. I know among my generation of Americans, it was not uncommon to throw your milkshake cup out the window on the side of the road while driving through the interstate. There was just so much vast tracts of land, that it never seemed to be harming anyone.

In Japan, everyone is tightly packed together into the regions that aren't too mountainous to live in, and so a "my land is your land so don't make a mess of it, gosh-darnit" approach has been taken to urban waste.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    That may or may not be the case with culture, but good service is universal and in the USA, you don't get it anymore. Even well operated companies with good management can't garranty you will get good service from their staff. In all my years in Japan, only twice I got what I concider bad service due to the service being either very slow, or non existant (as in waiting for a waiter for eternity).
    You actually agreed with my point. However, my larger point is that because this isn't exclusive to Disney, you can't really compare TDL to WDW on these grounds. If you want that kind of immediate, perfectionist service, you just need to pull up stakes and go to Japan, because people don't work like that here.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post

However, my larger point is that because this isn't exclusive to Disney, you can't really compare TDL to WDW on these grounds. If you want that kind of immediate, perfectionist service, you just need to pull up stakes and go to Japan, because people don't work like that here.
    If that is the case, then it doesn't speak much for America today, does it? But in regards to your other point, I disagree. I can compare WDW and TDR because both companies have clear rules and regulations unique to Disney about how a CM should conduct themselves with guests, plus Disney has always made a huge press point that they are above the rest in service and quality. I should NOT expect to be treated differently from one Disney park to the next. Disney is Disney no matter who runs the show. Their guests experiences should be apar across the board no matter what resort you are visiting. But they are not.
    I realize culture does play a part, but all CMs worldwide should be able to deliver the same quality of service and interaction to guests, be they in Hong Kong, Japan, USA or France.

• Lonestar Louisianian

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    ...all CMs worldwide should be able to deliver the same quality of service and interaction to guests, be they in Hong Kong, Japan, USA or France.
    TDLFAN makes a good point. While culture does play a small role in how people conduct themselves, be it in their personal life or their working life, the Disney service level should always be standard across the board as that is how it is taught in the Traditions training. The fact that it does not seem to be the same and that it differs even from park to park could be a result of a combination of things. Be it from lack of enforcement, a lackadaisical workforce, or inadequate management, I think that all of these things play a part in the downward slide of the service level in many parks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123