Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Newest Parade Music a 'Let Down'

ORDDU: My sisters and I are sorry, ducklings, but after hearing the newest music for Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom Day Parade, we all 3 looked at each other and just had the most bewildered expressions in our eyes--

ORGOCH: --not that they's anything new 'bout that! Yer eyes is always blood shot, whilst ya cain't hardly SEE Orwen's eyes between them puffy cheeks a hers!

ORDDU: (Ahem!) The point IS, we really DO hope that this same non-inspiring piece of music isn't going to be with us for the next 5 or 6 years because it's just too unbelieably boring and unmagical to be believed!!

ORWEN: The music for the parade that just ended was very nice. Of course it's understandable that they'd need to change it to something else. (By the way, I happen to have very DREAMY eyes that you can see quite clearly--if you take the time to look! Some nasty old biddies out there just don't even try!)

ORDDU: In the meantime, we welcome any other reactions the rest of you might have about this newest parade music. However, I think I--personally--would rather receive forty whacks across my backside with a broomstick, rather than be exposed to such an 'uncatchy' theme as the one we heard today...

ORGOCH: Ain't ya whacked out 'nuff as it is, sister?

• Creative Director

Re: Newest Parade Music a 'Let Down'

if you're talking about the new music for the Disney Dreams Come True Parade, it is a slightly redone/remixed version of the music from Tokyo's Dreams of Parade...Moving On, and in english.
    Personally, I think it is great and some of the best Disney Parade music for the MK in a long time. It reminds me of the old-school Disney parade songs that had those harmonies and beats, and that get the audience clapping along. Lately, Disney has been doing more large orchestral pieces for their parades.

• Banned User

The difference between the old parade, and the new parade... the new parade has one background track... and its all hip and happy... the old parade had orchestrations as well, and would change based on the float... not just be one happy hip parade music.... variation is they key....

(Maybe thats why i like listenening to this japanese halloween 2004 tracks.. it actually changes and isn't just the same thing over and over again...)

• The one, the only...

Is there any website that has the music available? I would love to hear it.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

me too

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    Is there any website that has the music available? I would love to hear it.
    Laughingplace.com had a report and video where you can listen to the music, go here:

http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-260.asp

WITCHES, the music is the new soundtrack used in TDL's Disney Dreams on Parade: Moving On. When I first heard it at TDL, I was like... "m'eh!", but it has grown on me a little. Frankly, when I first heard they were bringing the TDL music here, I was hoping for the original soundtrack of the parade, which was the TDL 20th anniversary parade music, then I found out it was the replacement track. Honestly? I think it improves this parade as the old music to me was a bit too "happy funeral" for my taste. I do miss Julie Andrews intro thought... As for the "Kingdom of Dreams and Magic" new song... well... it still fits TDL's parade better because that parade is a salute to the lands at TDL, and the lyrics reflect that. Here at the MK?... well, the song works and makes the parade a bit peppy but (to me) feels a bit out of place. As for TDL's parade... the song will play for another 18 months or so until the 25th anniversary parade takes over the park. Not sure how long it will be here... but that could be another 5 years or more....

• Vehicle rotating backward

Maybe it's just the LP photos but what a dismal looking parade! It would appear that even Block Party Bash is more thoughtfully planned-out than that.

• Banned User

I *loved* Party Bash's energetic routines and cast. FUN FUN Pixar salute. You could not do that at WDW simply because most parade performers there at ...ahem... in their late 20's and early 30's? Can only "move well", and a choice few should not be performing since they are a bit too big in the waist to look good in a dancing show???

• Vehicle rotating backward

Someday I'm going to drop everything I'm doing and join the entertainment department just for your comments about old out-of-shape people. The costume should be something figure-revealing, too!

• Shubisha

I love the music and think that no one should judge it off of LP's video because they were in a bad spot and focused their camera on the floats during parts where nothing was going on. If you "heard" the soundtrack via the rehearsal CD remember that it was a first draft of the music and not the same as you'd hear in the park or even an actual CD release.

I enjoy it very much because of the energy it adds to a parade that was slow and devoid of any excitement for me when I watched it. A lot of the people I know who liked the old parade's music didn't like the state the parade had fallen into anyways since the showstops had been removed and since it had dragged on for a few years anyways.

I do think wdw cheapened out a little bit. They took tokyo's main song from the first float, but when tokyo redid their parade with this new music they kept it so that each float section had its own musical variations. WDW just plays the same theme of 3 verses over and over for every float with a small, couple of seconds musical interval that the float characters talk over and no one really notices being played. The only different float music they use is for the finale princess floats probably because it was the only section that still matched from tokyo's that they could just take and because it's needed to lead into tokyo's ending music.

But I like it very much and wish I'd have gotten to see it in person on the trip I just took. If you'd like to watch another video of it, I can suggest the one from mousetimes

• On Autopilot

It's a nice little ditty but reminds me too much of them using the "Welcome to our family time" incident back at DL with a looping track.

If I want a looping track that switches with a parade off and on I would pick the Halloween Parade over anything

• Banned User

Personally I prefer the old music, but here's a link to a CDish quality version of the new...

http://www.mousegeeks.com/audio/New%...20Come%20True/

• Disappearing/Reappearing

well, I didn't really notice the music...but, I thought the parade sucked. I was kinda ashamed of it. It was my friend's first visit to the Magic Kingdom...and the parade just wasn't anything as good as the anniversary parade. Those floats were SO pretty!!! I was also very sad about the castle. Most of the bling was already down. I don't understand this...the anniversary isn't officially over until the 31st...why did they start taking it down already?? It made the castle ugly...half up, half down.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    well, I didn't really notice the music...but, I thought the parade sucked. I was kinda ashamed of it. It was my friend's first visit to the Magic Kingdom...and the parade just wasn't anything as good as the anniversary parade. Those floats were SO pretty!!! I was also very sad about the castle. Most of the bling was already down. I don't understand this...the anniversary isn't officially over until the 31st...why did they start taking it down already?? It made the castle ugly...half up, half down.
    because if they dont take it down now... they will have to push back the prize.. and upgrades till feburary...

also, they want it looking nice for any press event in october...

• Creative Director

Thumbs down Re: Newest Parade Music a 'Let Down'

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I *loved* Party Bash's energetic routines and cast. FUN FUN Pixar salute. You could not do that at WDW simply because most parade performers there at ...ahem... in their late 20's and early 30's? Can only "move well", and a choice few should not be performing since they are a bit too big in the waist to look good in a dancing show???
    I have seen plenty of the performers at WDW, and most of them are not 'big in the waist'. Yes, WDW couldn't do what the DLR entertainment dept. does due to the regulations that WDW has gotten themselves wrapped in. Disneyland doesn't follow the same union rules and whatnot, so they can make their performers do routines that are much more complex and pay them the parade performer rate. DL and WDW are in two different situations.
    Meanwhile, many of the performers at WDW are just doing their job with what they are given. That doesn't mean their skills are any less than their DL counterparts. I am not saying all the performers are highly skilled, many years trained professional dancers- but quite a number of them actually are. A lot of them actually want to do what DL is doing, but WDW management has put a restriction on that, due to their working heavily with Equity and its very strict rules.

And lastly, your comments on dancers sizes is extremely out of hand. If you knew anything about dance, there are dancers out there of all shapes and sizes that can do things you only wish you could do. I have seen it with my own eyes. Yes, most dancers have pretty great bodies, but not everyone of them is perfectly skinny. And some of the bigger gals and guys can truly dance their *** off, with real trained skills. So I wouldn't be so quick to make comments.
    oh, and about age. I studied dance with a man in his 50's who was absolutely incredible. Age is nothing but a number.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast