Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• golly gawrrsh

Fireworks and Parade

This past trip was late spring and we were able to see both the parade and fireworks but from what i remember they didn't have the parade in January. Is this right or did we just miss it?

We're thinking of going back Jan 08 and just wondered if they do both over the winter or is it dark too early so they only do one - the fireworks

Thanks.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Fireworks and Parade

I think during the "off season" the night parade is on the weekends only.

• Banned User

No one can give you an answer to this question more than this: The Day parade at the Magic Kingdom is always done daily. The night parade is seasonal. Come back closer to your trip and more information will be available.

Many changes are in store, and there may not be a night parade at all pretty soon. (temp. of course!)

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by captsmith84 View Post
    Many changes are in store, and there may not be a night parade at all pretty soon. (temp. of course!)
    That would be very exciting if it was true.

• Banned User

usually in the off season the park closes very early like six or seven on the weekdays but is open till 9 ish on saturdays. I know they are thinking of adding a hard ticket after hours even for january and or february. the pirates and princess,so it will probably close early most days. when the park stays open till nineish they have the night parade and fireworks show.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by captsmith84 View Post
    No one can give you an answer to this question more than this: The Day parade at the Magic Kingdom is always done daily. The night parade is seasonal.
    Or you can go to TDL, where the nightly parade Dreamlights plays... *NIGHTLY* (what a concept!!) and the daily parades play *DAILY*, and sometimes several times a day, like the current Halloween daytime parade playing 3 TIMES A DAY!!! When would the MK ever do that!?!?!?

• Banned User

Back in the 80s they would.

• Disneyholic

Hmm TDLFAN you should just change your signature to: "If its not TDL its crap" and save a lot of typing...

I think Cmash is on the money here, in the off season when they close early they don't run Spectromagic as often (not as pretty if its not dark...) but the Daily parade is almost always done every day in the afternoon even in the off season. Back in the 70's and 80's the old Mainstreet electrical parade was done more often I recall.

Good news is the electric water padgent is still done every night I beleive so you can at least catch that... Now thats a classic but I wonder what they could do with the water fan projection technology they developed for Fantasmic adapted to work on bardges... they could do something really spectacular there!
    Last edited by Jerren; 09-27-2006 at 11:36 AM.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• golly gawrrsh

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Good news is the electric water padgent is still done every night I beleive so you can at least catch that... Now thats a classic but I wonder what they could do with the water fan projection technology they developed for Fantasmic adapted to work on bardges... they could do something really spectacular there!

what is this electric water padgent?

we didn't see anything like that when we were there in May.

• Banned User

you have to stay in a MK resort. it's on the lagoon at night. it's a set of barges that are lit up depending on the music played. We have seen it a couple of times I believe the stops are at the contemporary, poly, wilderness lodge and not sure about the Grand floridian.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by cooknthyme View Post
    what is this electric water padgent?

we didn't see anything like that when we were there in May.
    It's called the "Electrical Water Pageant" and it happens to be WDW's longest running show. Premiered back in 1971 during the Polynesian Resort's grand opening celebration, when unsuspecting guests were treated to Triton and creatures of the sea dancing on the waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon. The show was such an unexpected treat that it was decided to play it nightly. You can catch performances of the Pageant nightly around Seven Seas Lagoon and bay Lake. The show plays for the GFL/Poly, then moves over to Fort Wilderness and the Contemporary Beach, and finally in front of the MK. Check with Guest Relations for more info and show times. Don't expect much... it's a simply light show, but very pretty to look at. Like yourself, not too many people even know of this show at all and miss it.

• Banned User

It's also played at the Wilderness Lodge.

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I stayed at WDW in January of this year the off season and Spectromagic was performed on both the Mon & Thurs nights.Also Wishes was performed on a nightly basis.Check the WDW website as its got info on next January's scheadule which should give you some idea of the events going on for Jan 08

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

But now looking at it properely Spectromagic will proberely be a no go due to the Princess & Pirates events providing the first year goes alright.But it will still be performed on a weekend.

• Banned User

Like I said, do not rely on a previous year's schedule for 2008. Just wait and see until around November 2007.

Park hours and events even for December 2006 aren't even correct yet, and it's really getting close!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast