Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Stitch <3

Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)

Deluxe Disney Hotels Suggested

The deluxe hotels are-

Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Beach Club Resort
    Yahct Club Resort
    Boardwalk Inn
    Contemporary Resort
    Ploynesian Resort
    Wilderness Lodge Resort
    Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

I suggest

Resort hotel guests are immersed in an environment inspired by the cultural splendor and picturesque beauty of an African wildlife reserve. Many of the deluxe resorts hotel guestrooms feature balconies overlooking 33-acre tropical savannah that is home to more than 200 mammals and birds including giraffe, zebra, thomsons gazelle, ostrich and sacred ibis.

From the dramatic art in the main tower with sleek monorails cruising overhead, to the casual style and convenience of garden rooms overlooking the beach, this is a Walt Disney World resort experience not to be missed. The deluxe resort's bold a-frame design makes it a modern masterpiece, capped off by a breathtaking view of the Disneys Magic Kingdom. Take in the awe-inspiring view of Cinderella Castle from high atop the resort at the award-winning California Grill Restaurant. The perfect hotel accommodations for any Disney vacation.

Legendary elegance and lavish decor combine with impeccable service and spectacular views to offer guests the graciousness of a bygone era in a stunning world of Victorian charms. This deluxe resort hotel features live lobby entertainment by the Grand Floridian Orchestra, multi-paneled arch windows, turn-of-the-century gas lamps, regal chandeliers and a world-class spa.

A relaxing tropical paradise with lush landscaping, waterfalls and colorful birds awaits guests
    at this deluxe hotel resort. Friendly people, fun, laughter and good cheer reflect the enchanting customs and culture of the islands.

[ For more hotels in disney world check http://www.disneyvacationguide.com/ all information from there ]

• I was deleted.

Re: Deluxe Disney Hotels Suggested

Dance,

Are the three you suggested ones you've stayed at? Any thing unique about those three that make you like them more?

I love the Poly for the tropical atmosphere, dining locations, and monorail access. (It also helped that yoyo took me here. )

Wl is grand...great location and atmosphere. But I see you list AKL...which became a favorite of mine on my last vacation. Love the building, the pool, the food and the animals.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I'm thinking of splitting my time between Contempo and AK when I eventually get there. Might be pricier, but hey...how often does an Australian get to travel to Florida?
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    I'm thinking of splitting my time between Contempo and AK when I eventually get there. Might be pricier, but hey...how often does an Australian get to travel to Florida?
    True, very true.

Maybe some day I will visit Australia?

• Banned User

yacht and beach club or boardwalk, I just love the ambiance and the rooms. nice and big and i love the pool area at the beach club.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    Actually a lot. I have several friends from down under who come here often. One change though... I would ditch the Contemporary and go to the Grand FL or Wilderness Lodge instead.

• Stitch <3

Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Dance,

Are the three you suggested ones you've stayed at? Any thing unique about those three that make you like them more?

I love the Poly for the tropical atmosphere, dining locations, and monorail access. (It also helped that yoyo took me here. )
    Well i have only stayed at Animal kingdom lodge. I have looked threw websites and those three i like the most and were rated the highest. Contemporary i ate ate, its just beautiful, and california grill! BEST SHIRP EVER! At the grand floridian i ate there for breakfast. They have alot of fancey restaurants and such that my Dad ate at and loved.

Animal kingdom i stayed a year ago in october. You walk up and you see a zebra outside your room (depending where.)
    This hotel is based on africa and you basically have an arican suffari outside of your room.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Actually a lot. I have several friends from down under who come here often. One change though... I would ditch the Contemporary and go to the Grand FL or Wilderness Lodge instead.
    Well the WL isn't on the monorail, one of the reasons he chose the Contemp (not to mention staying at both lodges on the one trip is a bit over the top), and personaly I find the GF to be to 'Gradma's Flat', though you may feel differently.

The new Contemporary rooms I honestly feel are the best on property, and the plans for the concouse are excelent. Don't hold the convention centre (or the fact it's not a part of the Tokyo Disney Resort) against the whole resort, especialy with the excelent changes in store for the resort.

If the Contemporary isn't you thing, then the Poly may also be a good choice, if you are looking for a laid back south seas type atmosphere.

• Disneyholic

My preference is:
    1. Poly - Its all about Location and atmosphere Poly has the best of both with easy access to MK and Epcot (via walkway to TTC) Its also the hotel I stayed at first as a kid and again on my Honeymoon so there is a strong nastolic draw for me personally.
    2. Wilderness Lodge - For grand theme, price, and its just the most relaxing... 3 Hot Tubs no waiting! Will be staying there next week!
    3. Beach & yacht - Awsome pool, easy access to Epcot and MGM via boat, and the boardwalk for something different.
    4. Grad Floridian - quick accesss to MK, great food, the Spa on site, and nice touch with the TV's at the bus stations... why don't they all do that? Might not get so many complaints about the busses always running late...
    OK.. I have not stayed at Ak lodge, only thing keeping us from doing so is its just too far from everything... The Contemporary is just the opposite way too busy, too much excitement I want to RELAX at the resort the contemporary just is the oposite of that...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Stitch <3

AK lodge, it isn't a far drive, about 2 minutes from all parks. (5 to MK)
    If you dont have car use disney bus.
    It is worth going, trust me!
    You feel like your in africa. You see all kinds of african animals and birds. There are many flamingos and Eland. They give you a animal guide when you book a room so you can search for all the animals.
    The worst room of all there is such a nice room! The people are so kind and you get to see and watch african dances, movies, stories, ect.
    One day when i was there they had a kids party in the lobby where 7 and under can play african instruments and dance in african costumes. Fun eh?

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by danceguest View Post
    AK lodge, it isn't a far drive, about 2 minutes from all parks. (5 to MK)
    AKL is fabulous indeed, but 2 minutes from all parks? I don't think so. AKL is situated near Animal Kingdom Park on the western end of the developed WDW property. AKL and AK are a bit aways from the central part of the resort as a whole and especially far from Magic Kingdom.

You're looking at a good five minute drive to Animal Kingdom, ten to fifteen to Disney-MGM and EPCOT, and at least fifteen to twenty to Magic Kingdom.

Two minutes? C'mon....

• Stitch <3

Quote Originally Posted by ron10036 View Post
    AKL is fabulous indeed, but 2 minutes from all parks? I don't think so. AKL is situated near Animal Kingdom Park on the western end of the developed WDW property. AKL and AK are a bit aways from the central part of the resort as a whole and especially far from Magic Kingdom.

You're looking at a good five minute drive to Animal Kingdom, ten to fifteen to Disney-MGM and EPCOT, and at least fifteen to twenty to Magic Kingdom.

Two minutes? C'mon....
    Well, you can tell whos speeding!
    Lol, i need to watch out on that, lol my dad speeds so much he needs a radar detector, yet in the states and many provinces in canada its against the law. Not in alberta, where he needs it most.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    For a guy who says that going to WDW is wasting money, why would you waste money on the GF? I always had a nostalgic thing for the Contemporary, but if I could get a reasonable rate I'd go there in a heartbeat now because the rooms aren't repulsive.

The GF is too darn overpriced. Aspirations of luxury were seriously underdelivered there. I went in thinking Bellagio and walked out thinking Treasure Island.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    For a guy who says that going to WDW is wasting money, why would you waste money on the GF?
    I never have. I have only stayed at the Contemporary Hotel (4 times) in 1974, 75, 76, and 79. Then I worked there in Guest Services in 1984-85.
    But ever since they plopped that godawful convention center in the parking lot and destroyed the MK view of the upper west-facing floors in the south annex building, the place has gone downhill. Not worth it to pay for it, and if you are going to pay, may as well pay for the GFL. And now, they plan to destroy the integrity of the entire complex by adding yet another multi-floor tower to the north of the main building?? What's wrong with that picture?!?!?

The new Contemporary rooms I honestly feel are the best on property, and the plans for the concouse are excelent. Don't hold the convention centre (or the fact it's not a part of the Tokyo Disney Resort) against the whole resort, especialy with the excelent changes in store for the resort.
    When those changes are finally accomplished, I may or may not change my mind about the Contemporary, but as it is now? NO. Heck! I would take the HKDL Hollywood Hotel 20 times over the Contemporary and it's wonderful location and monorail line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast