A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

Question All-Star Music Family Suites

Does anyone have any experience with the new family suites at All-Star Music? We're starting to plan a very large family vacation for next November 07 (it's actually 3 families -- 6 adults, and 7 kids total).

$$ is an issue so I think we're stuck with the Value resorts (if it was just my family we would go moderate but can't with this many people).

Originally I was pushing for Pop Century since that seems to be the one with the best reputation, but space would still be an issue.

I'm thinking we would try to get two family suites adjacent to each other (and 2 adults would have a 3rd non-suite room). Does anyone have any other suggestions? We're committed to staying on property.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• Disneyholic

Re: All-Star Music Family Suites

Quote Originally Posted by Doopey1 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the new family suites at All-Star Music? We're starting to plan a very large family vacation for next November 07 (it's actually 3 families -- 6 adults, and 7 kids total).

$$ is an issue so I think we're stuck with the Value resorts (if it was just my family we would go moderate but can't with this many people).

Originally I was pushing for Pop Century since that seems to be the one with the best reputation, but space would still be an issue.

I'm thinking we would try to get two family suites adjacent to each other (and 2 adults would have a 3rd non-suite room). Does anyone have any other suggestions? We're committed to staying on property.
    You might be better served and possibly cheaper looking at the DVC properties on site and grabing a 3 bedroom suite there than grabbing 2 suites... The ammenities should be much better at any rate. I have not priced it myself but when you add the cost of a rental car and all in there you usually better off staying at the better resorts IMHO.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Disappearing/Reappearing

or staying at a condo off site. If you pool your money you can find a nice one not far off site, that meets all your requirements...for a decent price.

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    You might be better served and possibly cheaper looking at the DVC properties on site and grabing a 3 bedroom suite there than grabbing 2 suites... The ammenities should be much better at any rate. I have not priced it myself but when you add the cost of a rental car and all in there you usually better off staying at the better resorts IMHO.
    I agree with Jerren that you should look into DVC. You can save a lot of money by preparing meals in the fully equipped kitchens and have more space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    or staying at a condo off site. If you pool your money you can find a nice one not far off site, that meets all your requirements...for a decent price.
    I agree with this too except skip the condo and rent a vacation home. We did this in the past. It was a 3 bedroom house with a screened in pool and was not over $200 a night. It was a little bit farther away but worth it for all the space. And these are not homes people live in. They are strictly used for vacation rentals and treated like hotels.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

[\quote]

I agree with this too except skip the condo and rent a vacation home. We did this in the past. It was a 3 bedroom house with a screened in pool and was not over $200 a night. It was a little bit farther away but worth it for all the space. And these are not homes people live in. They are strictly used for vacation rentals and treated like hotels.[/quote]

We did this too, we didnt use the pool at all but it was a very nice place to saty in so we didnt have to worry about cost too much. ONly problem was that it took half an hour to get to the world

• Wish I was in WDW..

I wouldnt recomend the All star family suites. One of the Maids stole an item out of our room (and it was true, the maid admitted it) , and they didnt lock our door after they cleaned our room during the day.

-Nikki

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

Thanks for the responses.

How do I go about looking into DVC as a non-member?
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Doopey1 View Post
    Thanks for the responses.

How do I go about looking into DVC as a non-member?
    We stay in DVC all the time and we are not members. Just go to Disney online and look at the DVC resorts and you can even book from there. A lot of people don't realize anyone can stay at a DVC resort. They are:

The Villas at Fort Widerness (love this one!)
    Old Key West (this seems to be the cm's favorite, good restaraunt Olivia's Cafe))
    Beach Club Villas (love this one too! You can walk to Epcot)
    Boardwalk Villas (only one I haven't stayed at)
    Saratoga Springs (not my favorite)
    am I the burrito man?

• Extremely Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    We stay in DVC all the time and we are not members. Just go to Disney online and look at the DVC resorts and you can even book from there. A lot of people don't realize anyone can stay at a DVC resort.
    According to Mousesavers you can "rent" DVC point from timeshare owners. Here's the link http://www.mousesavers.com/dvc.html#rentpoints

Good Luck!
    That's Mr. Modo to You!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Honestly, from looking at the resources on that page, renting points seems kind of hit or miss. I wouldn't mind doing it as the first step to planning a vacation, but if you've already told your family and two others about your mega-vacation plans, you don't want to be hung out to dry by someone on the internet.

The massive 3-bedroom suites are a bit more at Boardwalk Villas than Old Key West and Saratoga Springs (for convenience, because Boardwalk is closer to Epcot.) From having seen the DVC hotels myself (not thorougly, but having taken a bus to them and seen their conditions and location) I would pick OKW over Saratoga. Better location (just south of Port Orleans, for good Epcot access and okay MGM access, longer ride to get to the other two) and it's not still incomplete like Saratoga.

The Villas at Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge don't get any bigger than 2-bedroom.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    We stay in DVC all the time and we are not members. Just go to Disney online and look at the DVC resorts and you can even book from there. A lot of people don't realize anyone can stay at a DVC resort. They are:

The Villas at Fort Widerness (love this one!)
    Old Key West (this seems to be the cm's favorite, good restaraunt Olivia's Cafe))
    Beach Club Villas (love this one too! You can walk to Epcot)
    Boardwalk Villas (only one I haven't stayed at)
    Saratoga Springs (not my favorite)
    When you go to book they magically appear on the drop down now as DVC resorts, but the main page no longer has them listed out like the others. In older literature look under home away from home resorts.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiDancer View Post
    I wouldnt recomend the All star family suites. One of the Maids stole an item out of our room (and it was true, the maid admitted it) , and they didnt lock our door after they cleaned our room during the day.

-Nikki
    Now this I would like to hear about. What did they steal and WHY wasn't the door locked? - Doesn't it lock when you close it?

Only bad experience I've had at All*Star Sports is that they didn't clean our room one of the days. (And we were gone from park open-past park close).

• Wish I was in WDW..

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Now this I would like to hear about. What did they steal and WHY wasn't the door locked? - Doesn't it lock when you close it?

Only bad experience I've had at All*Star Sports is that they didn't clean our room one of the days. (And we were gone from park open-past park close).
    They stole my coach bag, which could not fit into the safe, so I put it in my suitcase. The made admitted to going into my suitcase, and taking the bag which had some important sutff. ( few of my emergency credit cards, room cash, my daughters ipod, etc.) It was my fault a little also, because I forgot to lock the suitcase. Also, the doors always lock when you close them, but the maid simply forgot to close the door. All this happened i one visit.
    Thats my bad experience.

-Nikki

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    The massive 3-bedroom suites are a bit more at Boardwalk Villas than Old Key West and Saratoga Springs (for convenience, because Boardwalk is closer to Epcot.) From having seen the DVC hotels myself (not thorougly, but having taken a bus to them and seen their conditions and location) I would pick OKW over Saratoga. Better location (just south of Port Orleans, for good Epcot access and okay MGM access, longer ride to get to the other two) and it's not still incomplete like Saratoga.

The Villas at Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge don't get any bigger than 2-bedroom.
    True. And Old Key West has more square footage than the other DVC's. This I know from personal experience. This might be due to the fact that they were the first ones built and then they realized that if they took out the internal hall and some of the living room out of the 2 bedroom they could fit at least one more unit per floor, I assume. I just really didn't like Saratoga at all. We won't go back to that one.
    am I the burrito man?