View Poll Results: If you could bring back an old ride, which ones would it be?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (Magic Kingdom, became Winnie-the-Pooh)

28 48.28%
  • Alien Encounter or its predecessors (Magic Kingdom, became Stitch's Great Escape)

23 39.66%
  • Tropical Serenade (Magic Kingdom, became the Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management)

7 12.07%
  • Horizons (Epcot, became Mission: Space)

16 27.59%
  • Journey into Imagination (Epcot, became the Journey into Imagination with Eric Idle)

20 34.48%
  • Food Rocks (Epcot, became Soarin')

6 10.34%
  • World of Motion (Epcot, became Test Track)

9 15.52%
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Magic Kingdom)

24 41.38%
  • Who Wants to Be a Millionaire: Play It! (Disney-MGM Studios)

7 12.07%
  • Captain EO (Epcot, became Honey, I Shrunk the Audience)

6 10.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: If you could bring back an old ride back, which would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyBear View Post
    And what's with this tradition of being far inferior to DL?
    Hey, I'm considered a WDW apologist by some people, because I've only been able to dream of going to the place until this year, so I've worked it up in my head to be something spectacular. But I won't deny that most of my time in MK's Fantasyland was spent think "Why don't they do something about this?" and that, honestly, it's the only time of my trip that I wish I could ask for back.

The rest of the park, from the views of the river to the industrialized Tomorrowland, are fine by me.

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Who cares if I don't know the Wind in the Willows? I loved the ride, and thats what the poll is about.

• Meega, nala kwishta!!

If You Had Wings.

It's not exactly a ride but I wish they'd bring back Main Street as Walt Disney originally designed it- an idyllic 1890s town.

In WDW, Eisner gutted every square inch of Main Street and crammed it with merchandise. The whole idea of immersion - in the penny arcade, the movie theater, the firehouse etc. is gone. And with that went the original spirit of the place.

The facades (and this includes MGM) are fantastic. Inside is a massive disappointment. Just another store like every OTHER store.

It's all part of the overall lowering of standards there. Bring it back. Walt knew best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• We're number one!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    And you can "" all you want. Those of us who go to all Disney parks (I mean all 5 DL park on Earth) will tell you the MK is the most dated park of the all. Major refurbishings needed there. That's a fact, even if you do not agree. Sorry.
    I'll remember to make sure to go to all the parks next time before I open my mouth again.

Maybe if it was still open they would of added more effects like the DL one but we will never know. I still miss it though and even though Pooh has better effects like you stated, Toad's was still more fun to me.

If they ever add a hell scene to Pooh I'll give a second chance.
    Last edited by SpookyBear; 09-30-2006 at 07:18 AM.

• Mom + Geek= Geom

0_o
    I didn't know they got rid of WWTBAMP

Trip to WDW: $6,000
    Pal Mickey: $9.43
    Camara for the perfect photo op: $6.00
    Old-Fashion Family Scream on Space Mt. : Priceless

I remembr that Disneyland's Fantasyland was completely closed and redone. All the buildinga and rides were updated, even the "classics" therefore all of their "classisc" rides are newer versions over the Magic Kingdom's. The look that Disneyland's Fantasyland now has is not the same look that it had when Walt opened the place. That looked lasted a little over 25 years before it was transformed into what you see today.

The Magic Kingdom attractions all need updating, especally those that have been there since 1971. For a park that supposedly has all this space, for them to buid shorter versions of some of the most popular rides, like Pirates and Haunted Mansion is crazy. On the other hand though the Space Mountain and Tower of Terror here are the biggest and best, although I would like to see Space Mountain redone as well. Maybe close it for a few years like they did in Disneyland and re-do the whole thing. Add in a launch like the Paris version and have just one track inside that is twice as long and has some loops and stuff. Overall though Space Mountain is still a favorite whether they change it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by paddyo View Post
    It's not exactly a ride but I wish they'd bring back Main Street as Walt Disney originally designed it- an idyllic 1890s town.

In WDW, Eisner gutted every square inch of Main Street and crammed it with merchandise. The whole idea of immersion - in the penny arcade, the movie theater, the firehouse etc. is gone. And with that went the original spirit of the place.

The facades (and this includes MGM) are fantastic. Inside is a massive disappointment. Just another store like every OTHER store.

It's all part of the overall lowering of standards there. Bring it back. Walt knew best.
    I totally agree!

I remember Main Street being a series of small quaint shops. Sure you could pass through them by a doorway when inside, but there was a watch shop, a card shop, a book shop, bakery, ice cream parlor, magic shop, penny arcade. These were all individual shops, not the Wal-Mart we see today.

I absolutely hate that they got rid ofhalf of Center Street to expand the Emporium. Bad enough it took over the clock shop and then with the the expansion moved into the Hallmark shop (later known as Disney Clotheirs)

A look at MainStreet today makes one believe that at the turn of the century every shop was named EMPORIUM.

• If We Can Dream It...

My choices:
    1) MTWR: I would place it at the back of the UK pavilion or some where in the general vicinity. That would give the UK an "attraction" of it's own (and it's not a show!)

2)Alien Encounter: Get rid SGE, it's not horrible, just AE was better.

3)Horizons: I would leave M:S alone and put a newly designed Horizons pavillion either A) where WOL is or B)in between TLS & The land. Ride scenes and layout mostly the same; with simple color & fashion changes thru out.

4)JII: Current version: going, going, gone! All I would change would be the queue design (colors, etc.)

5)WOM: Creat a motion MEGA-pavilion (whuhaahaa)! Have TT and WOM both there with a combined exit area (designed like WOM's). (this is probably the most far fetched of any of my ideas but, what the heck?)

6)Food Rocks: Remove the extremely dull Circle of Life film. Turn the uper half of the theater into a new Food Rocks Theater. The lower half of the theater could be use for many things such as: A) entrance to a new ride (ala soarin's entrance); B) expanded seating and dining areas; or C) Disney's ever favorite option: A new gift shop.

There's my thoughts..........
    - Horizonsfan

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I personally liked the DL version better than the one at WDW, simply because it had a better show and newer special effects that elevated the ride to a higher plateau of C-tickets rating for me. The WDW was just cardboards and glow in the dark paint. Fun, but very dated, just like the rest of their C-tickets (except Pooh's ride).
    And you can "" all you want. Those of us who go to all Disney parks (I mean all 5 DL park on Earth) will tell you the MK is the most dated park of the all. Major refurbishings needed there. That's a fact, even if you do not agree. Sorry.
    While not everyone here has been to all of the parks (I still have HK to get to) the hava a right to disagree with the oh so wise TDLFAN. While I see your point on much of what you have to say. You come off sometimes very rudely. And what you say is far from facts but are indeed your opinions (observent ones but still opinions not facts). Taste vary in this world and there is room for all taste here. So while your taste (and many others) are of a more refined sort they are just that your tastes. Please do not knock others just due to thier perticular taste. As for refurbs all the parks (except for HK which as I said I haven't been to yet) still have room to refurb and improve and yes this includes your beloved TDL.

I want to say here quickly before I finish this that TDLFAN is one of my favorite poster here because he is honest about how he feels on the state of WDW and all the parks for that matter. So I am not knocking him for that, far from it I happen to share many of his point of views on the state of WDW. I realize WDW for the most part what he writes is in the hopes that WDW can return to it's formor glory. It is just that some times I feel that it comes across rather rudely and arrogantly. I'm sure that is not how it's ment at all. I'm just saying that's all
    Last edited by Jessicalover; 09-30-2006 at 01:44 PM.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• If We Can Dream It...

Which park has the most dated TL??? Who could it be??? Who could it be???
    - Horizonsfan

• Sailing Away

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr View Post
    I totally agree!

I remember Main Street being a series of small quaint shops. Sure you could pass through them by a doorway when inside, but there was a watch shop, a card shop, a book shop, bakery, ice cream parlor, magic shop, penny arcade. These were all individual shops, not the Wal-Mart we see today.

I absolutely hate that they got rid ofhalf of Center Street to expand the Emporium. Bad enough it took over the clock shop and then with the the expansion moved into the Hallmark shop (later known as Disney Clotheirs)

A look at MainStreet today makes one believe that at the turn of the century every shop was named EMPORIUM.
    Absolutely! I loved that side of Center St, with the barber shop tucked in the corner. It emulated a town, not one massive theme park store.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Sailing Away

I'm all for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. The double side feature was so cool. Mr. Toad seems to be one of those movies that has been forgotten by the masses. Instead of trying to renew interest in an older film, Toad got kicked out by more popular Pooh. I hated the transition because I felt that a little piece of Disney history was being thrown away.
    - Walt Disney

• Sailing Away

Quote Originally Posted by ecdlanddude View Post
    Who cares if I don't know the Wind in the Willows? I loved the ride, and thats what the poll is about.
    But didn't the ride ever make you want to see the movie? Did it spark a little interest? That's why I wish Disney would keep these tributes to older films around. Create interest in the classics.
    - Walt Disney

well it's kind of like Splash Mountain.

Anyone born after 1981 pretty much will never know what it's based on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast