Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• The one, the only...

Re: Would You Like it if Animal Kingdom was like this?

I think that the Tree of Life is great as it is. But adding an addition land for fantasy animals is really genius! It is so much a better concept than the tacky Dinoland. I think it is every child's dream to see unicorns and dragons. Disney is about bringing fantasy to life. This still could be an addition to the park.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Street Rat

I would LOVE to see the fantasy land built!!!

BK as it was originally conceived will never be built. Joe Rohde has told me so.

There will be more emphasis on imaginary/mythical creatures, but they will take other forms like the Yeti in Everest.

I love the Tree of Life so I'm glad they didn't go with the carousel. But I would love to see an area based on mythical/fantasy creatures.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BackIntoYourSystem View Post
    This was proposed to be the Animal Kingdom centerpiece instead of the Tree of Life. A multi-level carousel.

I guess they realized this wouldn't work when they actually researched animals and realized birds like the peacock need to have their wings outstretched to make them fly. I would have thought that peacocks can't fly, but I just googled it, and turns out they can.

But I do know that birds need wings out to fly.

It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

There are no plans to bring back the Discovery River Boats.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Taggart View Post
    I'm personally glad "The Excavator" wasn't built. A wooden coaster out right in the open like that is very DCA. I love coasters, don't get me wrong. I just feel it would be out of place.
    who said it had to be wood?? why not be more realistic than Cali screamin' is for a wooden coaster... lol

The Dinoland section of Animal Kingdom is just fine as it stands, with the exception of the Dino Rama area. Although I do understand the concept of the Dino Rama area, I just think it's too Universal Studios or Six Flags than Disney. What I would like to see is more work done on the Dinoland area, it would have been great if they could have incorporated a Jurassic Park type attraction like the one at Universal, and maybe the more of the Jurassic Park themed area like at Islands of Adventure.

I would also like to see more animal exhibits as well. Although, Disney promotes Animal Kingdom as not being a zoo, in reality it is, and it is one of the best "zoo's" I've ever been to.

As for the Beastly Kingdom, that would a great addition to the park as well and would round out the original concept that had the prehistoric, real, and mythical animals all in one place.

Expedition Everest is a great addition to the park and I think the park still needs a few more attractions, but over all the park is very enjoyable and entertaining as it is. A few more attractions with the appropriate theming would really make the Animal Kingdom shine. Personally I feel the park is only a half day park and a few more attractions and animal exhibits would make it a complete full day park.

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

To me it all comes down to Camp Minnie Mickey. I guess this is where Beastly Kingdome was supposed to be, right? CMM needs to go.

They need to move Festival of the Lion King to the "Africa" section of the park and they need to put a new "land" here. I don't think it should be BK, I'd rather them stick with the reality-based theme and go with North America (I'm thinking pacific northwest) or South America (rainforest). They could build a great land that has both new animal exhibits and new attractions.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• I was deleted.

I do enjoy DAK as it is now, but I would like to see boats and more water around there. It's so enjoyable there, but it would be nice to be able to relax and enjoy it via the water.

The Beastly Kingdom does exist. at Universal Studios.

It'd be nice if they added rides to DAK. I only spend a couple hours because I came for rides, not a zoo.

And I say put the Excavator in DinoLand. It can't be any more tacky than the parking lot carnival.

Odd that Disney can't pay for the Beastly Kingdom, but making a crappy parking lot is okay.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    BK as it was originally conceived will never be built. Joe Rohde has told me so.

There will be more emphasis on imaginary/mythical creatures, but they will take other forms like the Yeti in Everest.
    NARNIA may resurect the Beastly Kingdom project.

• xmanmom

Quote Originally Posted by Doopey1 View Post
    To me it all comes down to Camp Minnie Mickey. I guess this is where Beastly Kingdome was supposed to be, right? CMM needs to go.

They need to move Festival of the Lion King to the "Africa" section of the park and they need to put a new "land" here. I don't think it should be BK, I'd rather them stick with the reality-based theme and go with North America (I'm thinking pacific northwest) or South America (rainforest). They could build a great land that has both new animal exhibits and new attractions.
    Fully agree, Camp Minnie-Mickey is basically wasted space. We probably never would have gone there except for FOTLK. More rides, more animals and longer hours and it would almost make AK my favorite park anywhere.

The Beastlie Kingdom is interesting but there are so many reality based lands that they could add to this park and the rest of Disney is primarily fantasy based in the first place.

Glad they did the tree rather than the carosel, even if it is an interesting concept of water, land and air animals.

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

i think beastly kingdom is a real possibility especially if they continue to improve on the technology that is responsible for lucky the dinosaur... if they go down that route it would be splendid since it wouldn;t feel forced

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12