I was on a whirlwind weekend trip to WDW Sept 29 - Oct 1. When I go I always try to look at what is different from DL or has changed since my last visit. Here are my thoughts on the changes to Pirates, as well as thoughts on the general condition of the parks.

On friday I went to DAK to experience Expedition Everest. I thought the ride was great. The projection system seems a little "yesterday's news" but the overall ride was good. I was somewhat dissapointed in the line. It is a great, highly themed line, but it seems like it is the same as every other line that disney has made lately. I also rode the Kali river rapids. I compare it with the Grizzly river rapids at DCA, but while Kali River is much more highly themed, it is incredibly short. seems a shame that they didn't make it as long as the dca version.

That evening I went to Epcot, watched Illuminations, and just walked around looking at the different food offerings (I had already eaten).

Saturday I was at the NFFC Strictley Disneyana Show and Sale. Met Kevin Yee, and a lot of great Disney fans.

Sunday I went to the Magic Kingdom. I was highly dissapointed that there was really no celebration of the parks anniversary, and I rode the newly refurbished POTC.

At DL, the enhancements don't really help or hinder the story of the ride very much. But at WDW, I think they really help to tie some of the ride elements together better. Definately an improvement to me.

Other than that, mostly just the same comments as others have made. general disrepair on the mansion, terrible sound quality on many of the rides. Great service from the cast members.

Sorry no pictures, but it was a fun little trip