Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GREAT New Attractions

I must have missed something, but where in the HUGE media bash at WDW this week to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Disney Theme Parks were the announcements for all the new attractions.

You know, JTTCOE at DAK. A MAJOR E-ticket and a couple of B and C level attrations for the 20,000 Leagues Lagoon. Something BIG for Epcot's upcoming 25th Anniversary.

I must have lost track of those announcements because Disney was busy touting the 'little' things. Stuff like a Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay, renovated/refreshed Wonders of Life and Living Seas pavillions at Epcot (along with a new ride film for Soarin), something for 'it's been empty for years' SuperStar TV attraction at the Studios, a renovated Pirates with a Jack Sparrow AA, a renovated Contemporary Resort, an new Circlevision film for Canada, new parades for the MK (day and night), new animal habitats representing Australia and North America at DAK etc ... yes, there was so much announced that we didn't know about that it was hard to keep track!

• Banned User

I personally am not surprised. But I find it anticlimatic that Disney threw this little shindig at WDW to announce NOTHING we didn't know about (or have riden) already. Iger even told the Orlando Sentinel there are no plans for a new 'Soarin' movie any time soon!... Thinsg are that bad. However, i do hope he keeps up on his promise to invest in fixing and improving what's there already.

I dont know why people think that we'd be getting a new Soarin' movie so soon. Look at Star Tours. I think people are under the impression that a new Soarin' movie is as easy as running around with a Super 8 and popping the new movie into a DVD player. A whole new soundtrack would have to be written, re-programming of the ride...etc. We're gonna be soaring over california well into the next decade.

Which isn't a bad thing.

Such Disney fans...wanting something new before the old one even comes out.

• A Dark Future

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    I must have missed something, but where in the HUGE media bash at WDW this week to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Disney Theme Parks were the announcements for all the new attractions.

You know, JTTCOE at DAK. A MAJOR E-ticket and a couple of B and C level attrations for the 20,000 Leagues Lagoon. Something BIG for Epcot's upcoming 25th Anniversary.

I must have lost track of those announcements because Disney was busy touting the 'little' things. Stuff like a Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay, renovated/refreshed Wonders of Life and Living Seas pavillions at Epcot (along with a new ride film for Soarin), something for 'it's been empty for years' SuperStar TV attraction at the Studios, a renovated Pirates with a Jack Sparrow AA, a renovated Contemporary Resort, an new Circlevision film for Canada, new parades for the MK (day and night), new animal habitats representing Australia and North America at DAK etc ... yes, there was so much announced that we didn't know about that it was hard to keep track!

Wait...is there truth in anything you just said here? I'm confused.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• is confuzzled.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974

Silly me, I thought the the 50th kickoff was at Disneyland!
    note the sarcasam

edit: ahh i qouted the wrong person

WDW will not be getting any new attractions of any size or substance for years after Everest. All those Imagineers getting laid off should be a pretty good indicator.

An old post of mine in response to speculation that WDW would be announcing new E-tickets...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eggz
    Sorry, guys. I wish this was true. Jay Rasulo announced over a year ago that he was cutting spending in Parks & Resorts. Expect the two new attractions in Anahiem (that everyone knows about) and nothing for WDW. Rasulo will not spend the money. People don't seem to realize that he has the same background as Pressler and the same objectives...cash and a fast exit. He just doesn't look as bad because he came in when the Parks had hit an all time low. All he had to do was bring Matt Ouimet over to DLR and put some more money into maintanance to look like a hero. He has no interest in another Disney Decade. He wants a successful 18 month celebration so he can look for another job and jump ship on a high note. He'll let things crash and burn in the long term. He is a short term MBA--willing to screw-up the parks in the long term for some quick cash now. WDW will get nothing for years to come.
    Last edited by Mr. Eggz; 05-07-2005 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I personally am not surprised. But I find it anticlimatic that Disney threw this little shindig at WDW to announce NOTHING we didn't know about (or have riden) already. Iger even told the Orlando Sentinel there are no plans for a new 'Soarin' movie any time soon!... Thinsg are that bad. However, i do hope he keeps up on his promise to invest in fixing and improving what's there already.
    Oh, I absolutely knew that nothing was coming out of this shindig. I do find it sad, just the same. I don't understand why Disney feels it can keep offering the same product, in a lesser quality, and people will still come in droves. ... Oh, wait a minute, people do!

As for Soarin, it would be pathetic if it wasn't updated for Epcot's 25th in 2007. They can get away with the California locales for the Happiest Marketing Event, but after that ... no way.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningStroller
    I dont know why people think that we'd be getting a new Soarin' movie so soon. Look at Star Tours.
    Yeah. I forgot to put the new Star Tours update in my list of big announcements from Orlando. Sorry.

I think people are under the impression that a new Soarin' movie is as easy as running around with a Super 8 and popping the new movie into a DVD player. A whole new soundtrack would have to be written, re-programming of the ride...etc.
    No. I don't think most people think that. BUT it is far easier to 'pop' another film in Soarin than to build a new E-Ticket from the ground up.

We're gonna be soaring over california well into the next decade.

Which isn't a bad thing.

Such Disney fans...wanting something new before the old one even comes out.

Sorry, BS. Wait, I better call you BurningStroller before people say I'm being naugty like Stitch :devil: But as much as I love Soarin, and I really do think it's terrific, I don't think it belongs at Epcot in its current form for more than two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eggz
    WDW will not be getting any new attractions of any size or substance for years after Everest. All those Imagineers getting laid off should be a pretty good indicator.

An old post of mine in response to speculation that WDW would be announcing new E-tickets...
    I truly hope you are wrong. But I believe you are correct.

Disney believes in marketing over substance and has for the last decade.

• Banned User

Well, if we have a little luck, hopefully we'll continue to see the fruits of labor from those Imagineers at Universal for years to come.

• A Dark Future

No!!! I don't want them at Universal!!! I want them at Disney World! *Bangs head on wall* Why Why Whyyyy!!!

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Former Epcot CM

"OK guys. The fans are stirring again. Everest and Soarin weren't enough for them. Lets punish them - show them whos boss. LAY OFF SOME IMAGINEERS! That ell show em. And they will remember me forever muhahahahahaha!"
    [I]Michael Eisner, May 7[I]
    Shiny and New

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California

July 2012 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

If you're concerned about themeing and whether or not a California movie fits at Epcot...they'd rename The Land pavilion before they got rid of that movie. It would be a lot less expensive for them to put a cardboard sign in front of THE LAND that says CALIFORNIA.

^^^Sad, but true.

I dunno I knew there wouldln't be a big attraction

but why complain about those couple of reinnovations they might turn out to be pretty good if they're extensive enough?

Star Tours sounds promising

Pirates could be good if they give the whole ride a good work over and do more then just the AA

Holiday overlays are a good idea also I'd hope WDW would use this as a good reason to refurb rides like the Mansion a bit more often

the reinnovated pravilons I'm not sure about it would be nice to have these things back up in working order but if it's not a major reworking it's not worth announcing

a new circlevision film is bleh

I'm not sure sometimes small things can add up I certainly didn't expect an Expedition Everest II I don't mind upgrading to things like Space Mountain Mission II

were did you hear this stuff?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast