Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Exclamation TDLFAN's report/photos from MNNSHP

Ok... So... Like... G-Fan and I decided to bite the bullet and attend this year's MK's "Mickey's Not so Cheap to Attend halloween Party" (Aka MNSSHP) on October 2nd, and had a good time taking in the sights, sounds, and vibes of the atmosphere.

First up, the decor... This is what I wish the MK did on a regular basis for anyone who buys a ticket for the park, day or night. While we have all seen the same corn and hay decor during the past...what? decade? the addition of lights and projections, with fog machines... do add a spectral feeling to the event. Then there are the guests who put their shame aside and dress up for the ocasion, addind an even more enjoyable feeling to the whole affair. This is after all...a halloween party. I came dressed as TDLFAN.

The Parade: "Boo to you!" G-Fan didn't care much for the music on this one, but I thought it was adecuate... just like listening to the little guys from Willy Wonka sing their way thru here... BOO to you..BOO to you... sticks to your mind after a while.
    There were a couple of new additions to the parade this year..such as the obligatory POTC2 plug and Goofy's new Candy Machine contraption, which reminded me of the former Dreamfinder's machine in the old JII ride at EPCOT Center. While most of the parade's contents we have seen before... many times, the parade itself is quite enjoyable. There are many great performers here doing their very best under extreme conditions.. lack of lighting and very heavy makeup at time. Some never looked better. This is what the regular daytime parade should be like.. full of performers dancing and such.

New this year was a short castle show featuring the villains, with your hostess Maleficent. While I didn't get what the show was all about, it kinda looked like a mini rock concert with the villains mingling about.. Not much to look at but at least the lighting effects were nice and featured some leather babes and hunky boys on stage, so that was good enough for me.
    Lastly... "HalloWishes". Practically same as last year's if I recall well.. Great seasonal show that should be presented for regular guests on NON party nights. Then again... they should do everything for regular guests on every October night and not charge so much money to enjoy some 5 hrs in the park. But that is just my take on things.

Finally... the CANDY!!! This year I came home with more candy than ever... This is where you can get your $40some in return. The Alice In Wonderland overlay in the walkway from Toontown Fair to Tomorrowland was FUN! Lots of candy and many great CMs having fun with guests in this area. Not to mention a nicely decorated part of the park, even if most decor was just painted flats. But they tried and I was happy about it. As a matter of fact, I am munching on candy from the party as I type this.
    Memo to me: 10 extra mins of cardio and 20 extra situps tomorrow during my work out.

All in all, both G-Fan and I had a great time at the party.
    Check the photos I took that evening. My apologies some of them turned out dark but the parade is tough to photogragh as light conditions are low, so I was forced to delete a few dozens of photos.. including the headless horseman ones... very dark.
    Shameless plug...once you get there, also check my photos from DLP's Halloween parade and decor taken this past friday the 6th. Coming next week, my photos from HKDL's Halloween when I visit HKDL this friday; and the TDL Halloween photos are still up as well...

Happy viewing....

http://albums.photo.epson.com/
    j/AlbumIndex?u=4334673&a=32321653&f=0

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: TDLFAN's report/photos from MNNSHP

Thank you for the wonderful report and pictures!!!!

I was trying to decide if Fishbulb and I should attend this event when we are at WDW in a couple of weeks. If we can score some tickets, we'll have to take a look for our selves.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• If We Can Dream It...

Awesome pics TDLFAN. Glad to hear you had a good time at MK.
    - Horizonsfan

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post

I was trying to decide if Fishbulb and I should attend this event when we are at WDW in a couple of weeks. If we can score some tickets, we'll have to take a look for our selves.

-Dusty
    Go... im going... quarter of Micechat is going... aint that enough? lol

hmm.. difucult to photosgraph.. time for some fun then... we get 2 chances to photograph and video the headless horseman right.... Time to use my new camera...

• Banned User

The headless horseman is the hardest thing to catch on photo. He comes and goes rather fast... and it's one of the most impressive moments in any Disney park.

• Minion

wonderful wonderful pictures!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm not a big Halloween fan but this looks like fun. I may have to go to this next year.

Nice to see Kanga/Roo and Rabbit in the parade! They need at least Rabbit out as a regular walk-around. Tigger misses having with with old "long ears".

Thanks for the report and photos. Looks like a fun event, wish I could get down this month to see it.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post

-Dusty
    This is the BEST thing at WDW - especially when you are going. I honestly enjoyed myself very much last year. I saw the fireworks four times (two previews, one with the adorable TDLFAN *tear) and really enjoyed the character, parade, decorations, and of course candy.

I haven't looked at the photos just yet (3 papers, 1 midterm, and a WDWCP presentation on Thurs = busy/look on friday) TDLFAN, but I'm glad to hear that the two of you seemed to enjoy yourselves. May I ask if Tarzan was out again and I enjoyed meeting him.

• Shablagoo!

Wow neat photos. Thanks for posting them. Its neat to see all the rare chracters. I've never seen a Kanga and Roo before, nor have I seen the Lion Kin Hyena. And how often does one see Pain and Panic. MOst important of all, redheaded vampire women in leather. Awesome.

• World Traveler

I want to get that HUGE bag of taffy for Adam! I love it. Great pics. Thanks!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    May I ask if Tarzan was out again and I enjoyed meeting him.
    No. I didn't see Tarzan, any or any part of him, anywhere

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Adventureland Vernada has him. /\

• Don't mess with the duck!

WOW! and I thought things were pretty cool at DL. Might have to rethink the time for my next visit to WDW (when I save up enuf, that is). Thank you for a great report!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    MOst important of all, redheaded vampire women in leather. Awesome.
    Each year as they are the MNSSHP girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    No. I didn't see Tarzan, any or any part of him, anywhere
    Bah...

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    Adventureland Vernada has him. /\
    Yay! T knows. I guess he loves him. But no, last year I was told of him and there was a long line for him (not as much for Abu).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast