Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Mostly Harmless.

WaltDisneyWorldSea

In the wake of the "big" announcements at WDW I think its time once again to dream about what could be! The last thread got a little heated forwhatever reason, so lets keep this one clean and keep the hate and discontent to a minimum level.

I think that it would be really cool to have a early 20th century water front o one of the two big lakes at WDW. And A tribute "land" to TDS would be cool, something in an early modern Japanese port please.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Inappropriate

Shut up. I hate you! Haha, no i'm kidding. You're cool beans. I like how you said "big" announcements. DisneySeas would be flippin sweet here, but I gotta say, not yet. That's the big key right there. Let's fix the other parks first. Like at Epcot, do something iwth the Wonders of Life so it doesn't just sit there. Fix the Mediocre Movie Ride at MGM, and also another big ride at the opposite end from ToT and RnR. Animal Kingdom...well just make some more rides. Maybe a Narnia land. I wish they'd bring back Beastly Kingdom. Magic Kingdom... as far as I'm concerned that park is fine the way it is, just clean it up, as some readers have pointed out. Space Mountain..i like it, but i guess it could use changes. Then after all this, (including some management changes) build DisneySeas! I'm still all up for the idea, juts not yet.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Mostly Harmless.

I will agree fix the rest of the world first. I would just like to point out that there is so much more cool stuff that needs to be build that it cannot all be contained in the four parks that exist. The world must eventually expand but not a rate that neglects what already is or hurts the company as a whole.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

Well while were dreaming about what could be I would love to see some attractions added to the world showcase that share their cultural heritage or something like that... Like if Japan had a Samuri attraction. I know behind the museum there is a huge showroom area that is just being used for storage for Mitsukoshi... turn it into a great dark ride with Samuri!

Quote Originally Posted by ka119
    Well while were dreaming about what could be I would love to see some attractions added to the world showcase that share their cultural heritage or something like that... Like if Japan had a Samuri attraction. I know behind the museum there is a huge showroom area that is just being used for storage for Mitsukoshi... turn it into a great dark ride with Samuri!
    I said like a week ago that they should do a few attractions in the World showcase that could be based on mythology of the area they're suppost to represent

as far as building a TDS in WDW goes I don't think its neccisary

many of the themes represented in TDS are already present in WDW

what WDW needs to do is upscale it's theming and detial to be equal to TDS's

the way to do that is via massive remodeling projects not unlike the new tomorrowland at WDW or the new fantasyland at DL (I shalt ignore TL98 thank you that was not massive at all)

WDWSea?

While I think WDWSea would be a great addition to the resort, I have to wonder if they haven't reached saturation with the parks, for now at least. Sure, during summer and holidays, they might reach capacity or come real close, but what about the rest of the year? There's a point where there's too much in one spot to meet the demand on a consistent enough basis to be profitable. If anything, they need to look at expanding the waterparks or building another to help with the demand. In the summer, both of the water parks reach capacity on almost a daily basis. But, again, we're faced with the same issue that we have with building another park.
    Perhaps what might work better would be something similar to Disney Quest (expand, or build another?) where it can remain open year long and not be effected to heavily by the seasonal attendance.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

I really hope that DisneySeas is next. I heard that that is one of the best parks that Disney has ever made!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Banned User

Iger said it best last week: NO MORE WDW PARKS are planned at this point in time. The market is saturated. WDW is less than 50% of what is there to do in Central Florida as there are lots of other themed and water parks, countless resorts and shopping venues. Adding another theme park to WDW under the current economy conditions would be a tragic move for Disney. Looking at Pop Century's unfinished buildings sitting there painted in brown is a reminder of how bad things are right now.

• Mostly Harmless.

I have to agree with you TDFlan, but it would be cool to have it here eventually in one form or another. If Starbucks was running Disney it would happen overnight, but I don't think anyone expects that to happen. I am planning to go to Tokyo eventually (even sooner if the Lotto Gods smile upon me with $27M). But not everyone can do that.

• Inappropriate

Mmm....starbucks.... Wait a minute. Why would Starbucks be running Disney? Hehehe just kdding i get what you mean. I think the biggest misconception here is that people think us dreamers are wishing for DisneySeas to be built RIGHT NOW! TDFlan was right about building a new park under the current economic conditions. But when the time comes some years down the road to build an inevitable 5th park, it sohuld be DisneySeas. It'dbe so cool!

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    OK so post-9/11 tourism is off. Families went from avoiding flying to taking road trips, now with the cost of gas, I think they're cutting back even more.

But the truth is, nothing brings in boatloads (mule packs, camel caravans?) of people into DisneyWorld like the opening of a new park...

Eventually as Magic Kingdom and EPCOT and D/MGM mature, they're going to be left with adding on to Animal Kingdom and / or putting in a 5th park to keep people coming back.

A lot of DisneyWorld's business is repeat business, people who come every year or every couple of years, to see what's new...

So I think the next park in FL will likely be DisneySeas or based on it in some ways. But I agree, there is only so much you can build there.

They really blew it by not putting DisneySea next to DisneyLand.

The two of them would have been so complementary... and the third CA park could have been DisneyAir&Space. SIGH.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Oh and then the DL resort could have been renamed:

WALT DISNEY UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    OK so post-9/11 tourism is off. Families went from avoiding flying to taking road trips, now with the cost of gas, I think they're cutting back even more.

But the truth is, nothing brings in boatloads (mule packs, camel caravans?) of people into DisneyWorld like the opening of a new park...

Eventually as Magic Kingdom and EPCOT and D/MGM mature, they're going to be left with adding on to Animal Kingdom and / or putting in a 5th park to keep people coming back.

A lot of DisneyWorld's business is repeat business, people who come every year or every couple of years, to see what's new...

So I think the next park in FL will likely be DisneySeas or based on it in some ways. But I agree, there is only so much you can build there.

They really blew it by not putting DisneySea next to DisneyLand.

The two of them would have been so complementary... and the third CA park could have been DisneyAir&Space. SIGH.
    with capacity peaking at the MK or at least being pretty heavy all of the time I don't know what another park will do

arguably a new park these days will encourage people to take preassure off parks like Epcot/MGM and AK because those arn't "musts" but this means huge attendance surges for MK because everyone goes there ussualy for the Magic Kingdom

like I've said the only way they can keep holding MORE people at these places is if they can push Non Magic Kingdom vacations to people (which means taht the parks should equalize their offerings and thus each is attractive in it's own way non of this second gate stuff)

and thent here's the question of how much work force do they have? how much are they willing to maintain?

nothing brings people to a park like new rides and attractions and as it stands now they could easily be launching three new attractions a year (or every couple years) for a while :P (oooh oohh and it's better then just opening a new park with only three attractions *like AK*)

as far as DisneySea goes it wasn't looked at for the DCA slot it was looked at for Longbeach which is away from the DLR area a third Disney park is a ways off I think

if they want to bring DisneySea aspects into Florida look at them placing it in Epcot witht he World Showcase and all (it'd sure beat the pants off all these pixarization rumors)

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    as far as DisneySea goes it wasn't looked at for the DCA slot it was looked at for Longbeach which is away from the DLR area a third Disney park is a ways off I think
    Dude I have a bridge to sell you in San Francisco.

Long Beach was just the bad cop, so Disney could get whatever they wanted from Anaheim.

If you don't go for our proposals, we'll just develop a second park in Long Beach.

Yeah two sites with only room for one theme park with miles of city in between them. Sounds like a real West Coast destination to me.

No, it was just something to hang over Anaheim's head...

• Banned User

>>But the truth is, nothing brings in boatloads (mule packs, camel caravans?) of people into DisneyWorld like the opening of a new park... <<

I disagree somewhat. To this day, DAK remains WDW's least visited park of all. Everest may change that of course.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast