Question All-Star Music 6 people??

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could tell me about the All-Star resort allowing 6 people to stay in a room. i went on the WDW site last nite and it said that you could stay there with 6 people. when i went to the next page it had family suite selected. i unselected it and it let me proceed. but i am wondering if i have to have the suite if i am having 5 people in a room. it will be my husband, 2 kids, my 19 yr old sister, and me. i am tempted to just call WDW and ask, but i thought i would see if anyone on here knows. We are only in the room to sleep, so in this case cheaper is better Thanks, jen

• golly gawrrsh

Re: All-Star Music 6 people??

if you're picking a value resort - i'd suggest POP

the service (at least for us) was SO much better and it wasn't as crowded when it comes to the buses.

as for the rooms sorry can't help you there - we are just 3 right now but you do get 2 queen beds or 1 king and you can order a roll away for an additional cost - it might be really tight on space but when we went in May we had a stroller and a pack and play crib/play pen set up in the room and we were able to move about - besides you're only in the rooms to sleep right who cares if its tight on space its the experience outside the hotel you want

The only Value rooms that allow more than 4 people are the family suites at All Star Music.

The only Moderate resort that allows more than 4 people in a 'standard' room is Port Orleans Riverside - and a 5th person is allowed, in a small trundle bed. I've heard it's probably not comfortable for anyone over about 6.

• golly gawrrsh

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    The only Value rooms that allow more than 4 people are the family suites at All Star Music.

The only Moderate resort that allows more than 4 people in a 'standard' room is Port Orleans Riverside - and a 5th person is allowed, in a small trundle bed. I've heard it's probably not comfortable for anyone over about 6.

Really? so if your a family with 3 kids you must stay in these family suites? are they the same price or do they zonk you because of the extra child (or person)?

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by cooknthyme View Post
    Really? so if your a family with 3 kids you must stay in these family suites? are they the same price or do they zonk you because of the extra child (or person)?
    To use your words, they zonk you because you're going to pay more for that fifth person. Depending on when you go, a family suite is a little over or a little under the price of two rooms at the ASMu. A room at PoR would be a bit cheaper, but the only rooms that hold 5 are the Allegator Bayou section (rustic-themed half), and the trundle bed is acceptable or not depending on the person. I have no idea what the ages of your kids are.

Links:
    ASMu rates (2007 ,includes family suite)
    PoR rates (2007)

Here's a picture of the trundle bed at PoR
    Here's pictures of the family suites. Pictures of regular All-Star rooms can be found easily to comapre to 2 rooms.

thanks for the info. i am suprised that they were going to let me book the room, even though i unselected the family suite knowing i had 5 people. i know it's just a computer program... that would stink to get there and be told that i couldn't have 5. my kids are 5 and 2. my 2yr old won't sleep in a crib. thanks, jen

We have 4 kids and our options were even more limited. We could have ASMu or WL. Other than that it was a cabin (which I'm not going to Florida to stay in a cabin) or villas that were almost $900 a night. So, we went w/ ASMu. I would have loved to have stayed at a moderate, but oh, well. We won't be there much anyway. Whenever we go to DL we don't stay on property, we always get a hotel across the street. We always get one room. Usually 3 of the boys can fit in the bed and the oldest one sleeps on the floor. We'd rather save the money and spend it on something more fun. But, not at WDW. We are spending more on a room than we ever have for our family. The only time we've spent this much is when we've gone to a resort and spa for our anniversary. Oh, well, what do you do? I know a lot of people say they aren't very nice, but that's what we are used to. I think we are really going to enjoy it. I do have to say that Disney needs to be a little more family friendly when it comes to rooms. Not everyone has only 2 kids. We couldn't even get a quote from Disney Cruise Line for our family. It would only go to 5 people.

If you're willing to put up with a standard wing room, Contemporary sleeps 5 and it's not bunk beds like WL AND costs a bit less than the 5-sleepers at BC/YC/BW. Sure, it costs more than two connecting value rooms (certainly no $900 villa, though!) but also it has the convenience and location of MK and the Monorail, and that's hard to beat.

One complaint I have about the Family Suite is that there's only 1 'real' bed (presumably for Mom and Dad). We were considering it for an upcoming trip with me joining my sister's family of 3 kids - and the Family Suite wasn't an option because I require a 'real' bed if I'm going to be a happy tour-guide-Aunt!

It probably isn't a big deal with the kids are younger, but if you're looking at that option for an older group, it's something to consider.

I THINK it was cheaper to get two value rooms than the family suite, too. I was also told if there were only 2 adults, you COULD get guaranteed connecting room if you were getting 2 rooms, but if there were 3 adults, you would not be guaranteed the connecting.

Oh, the other thing I wanted to mention - renting DVC points for a 2 bedroom (or whatever) at a DVC resort might be a better option, financially, depending on when you're going and if it includes a Fri/Sat night

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I THINK it was cheaper to get two value rooms than the family suite, too. I was also told if there were only 2 adults, you COULD get guaranteed connecting room if you were getting 2 rooms, but if there were 3 adults, you would not be guaranteed the connecting.
    That's ridiculous and personally if it were me I would have called back to talk to someone else (always a good idea of you get told something that sounds suspicious.) Large family meets at WDW often get connecting rooms.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Don't forget they charge extra for the trundle bed at Port Orleans Riverside too; I beleive it's about 10-15 dollars a night.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    That's ridiculous and personally if it were me I would have called back to talk to someone else (always a good idea of you get told something that sounds suspicious.) Large family meets at WDW often get connecting rooms.
    Ah yes, they often GET connecting rooms, but not necessarily GUARANTEED to get the connecting rooms when they book.

You have to have a medical condition to be GUARANTEED a non-smoking room, but I've always requested and received one.

Just a CYA on Disney's part!

• Banned User

You would not be the first one sneaking more than the allocated number of guests into a room so go ahead. They don't call WDW a "value resort" for nothing.

So your saying i can sneek in an extra?!? i looked into prices and Riverside is cheaper than getting the suite at All Star Music by almost $250, for the time we would be staying. Thank you everyone for your info, i love/need the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    You would not be the first one sneaking more than the allocated number of guests into a room so go ahead. They don't call WDW a "value resort" for nothing.
    What in the blazes does that imply? If anything has been learned in this thread, it is that just adding one person to a party can increase the price of WDW significantly.